Infection after D&C?
hello ladies,
Hope you are all fine. I am so frustrated at my doctor, and thought to post my question here so some of you may have the same experience.
I had a D&C on June 13th. Bled for a week. had brownish discharge afterward(no odor). then suddenly started bleeding yesterday(very light pink, and for 15 minutes only), but the bleeding had a bad odor (sorry tmi). stopped bleeding completely since yesterday.  I have no cramps, no fever, no tenderness.
My doctor is out of town as usual.
is this infection?
Also, did your doctors do Ultrasound at your follow-up exam after D&C? cause mine didnt.

My doctor did not do any kind of followup tests after my d&c.  I went back 2 weeks after the procedure and he didn't even do an exam.  He just asked if I was feeling okay and told me I could resume normal activities.  That was it.  No u/s, no nothing.  however, I had already stopped spotting and didn't have any discharge.  If you think you have an infection you definitely need to see a doctor.  If your doctor is out of town are there others in his practice you could see in the meantime?  If not, maybe try to find a new doctor's office very soon.
I'm not sure if any of this is helpful... but I had a D and C on June 14th, and I ran a low fever at first, and then after 7 days it was 102 degrees.  Also, the bleeding was getting heavier, not lighter.  My doctor (a really first-rate ob-gyn) was apparently not getting my messages from his nursing staff; finally, I was due to fly out of town for 10 days, and two hours before I left, he suddenly got the messages and wanted to see me.  He was mostly concerned about the fever, not the bleeding, so he gave me an antibiotic to take for 7 days in case there was an infection.  He also did a lot of blood work, but the blood work ended up showing no infection.  He said you can bleed off and on for up to a month, on and off bleeding is not a worry.  (I bled for two full weeks.)  I know they do get concerned about a foul-smelling discharge, so maybe wait and see if you have that again.  But in the meantime, since you don't have a fever, I wouldn't be too worried if I were you....
I thought of one other thing.  I was also told that sometimes a D and C doesn't actually remove all parts of the pregnancy (apparently the process is very bloody, which makes it hard to see through the scope).  Two days before my D and C, I started to bleed from the miscarriage, and that blood smelled terrible.  So if you have no fever and continue to have foul-smelling blood, maybe you should insist on an ultrasound to make sure they got everything.  God bless!
i have had a d and c three times in 4 months ..first time in june i had a molar pregnancy and 2nd time wch was a week later they i did  a scan n it showed molar tissue had remained n they had to redo..afterwards i bled lightly for few days last week on 22/10 i had a d n c again..had sex after 7 days and started bleeding 4days later is it possible i developed infection im awaiting my doctors appointment on the 11th
I  have just had a  D & C 8 days ago following a miscarrage.Light bleeding 1st day none the 2nd, then light for a few and spotting for a few. Day 4 I noticed a little pain to side of stomach tender to touch, this is still there day 8. Day 6 I had sharp pains going down at the top of my leg, a little pain at the bottom of stomach & when going to the toilet a weird sensation in there somewhere (not able to pin piont exactly).
Urine sample has come back negative, swab sample not back yet but since urine negative for infection in there It means there is a problem in my uterus. I was given amoxycillin & flagyl to take for at least 5 days.
I have my post op appointment in 2 weeks time.
Hey Everyone,

I had a D&C 6 days ago, that night of the D&C I had terrible pain. I couldn't even pee without crying, it hurt to walk. I went to the medi centre and the doctor said my urine was good to go, no infection. He also sent me for an ultrasound that day, which I haven't hear back, so i'm guessing no news is good news ? However, Friday morning I went down to the emergency room, as I couldn't put up with the pain anymore. They did a urine test, which the doctor said came back with LOTS of bacteria and a cervical exam ( which that other doctor didn't do ) anyways he said that my cervix also looked infected. I am now on 300 mg of mylan-clindamycin and I just finished co-ciprofloxacin. However, I still have pain, so I'm not sure what to do. It's more or less on the one side right now, kinda shots to my lower back and at times down towards my "vajayjay". Doctor from the emerge told me to go back if I wasn't feeling better, which means they may need to put a catheter in there :(