Interesting info on early gender determination
I have been wondering if they will be able to tell the sex of my baby next week at my NT U/S. I will be 12 wks, 4 days. This is some interesting info I found. How many of you found out in the 12 week range? I'm curious...

"On the subject of "early diagnosis of fetal gender", a recent article by B J Whitlow et al, entitled "First trimester diagnosis of gender" which appeared in the Journal: Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology 1999; 13:301
CONT...
Results showed that the overall success rate of gender identification between 12 and 14 weeks was 80% which is less than invasive karyotyping. In the transverse plane, male fetuses showed a dome shaped genital swelling with a cephalic-directed phallus and females had three or four parallel lines representing the labia. The gender of the fetus did not affect the operator
CONT...
The 172 women were all scanned transabdominally. Using a midline sagittal scan with the fetus supine and the spine parallel to the transducer face (sound lines perpendicular)
Good info:) I had one at 12 weeks and they were unable to tell anything gender related..the baby is so tiny! Good luck to you!
I had my nuchal u/s at 13 weeks and told me there was about an 85% chance it was a girl.  They were right!