Irregular cycles after miscarriage 9 months ago - hormone imbalance?

I had a miscarriage at almost 6 weeks, back in March (2006). I bled on and off, heavy bleeding for almost 3 months from it. Then I was getting my period every week 2 weeks. I went to my GYN and even the ER several times, because the bleeding was so heavy and often. I had 2 transvaginal ultrasounds and they told me everything was fine and that nature was just taking its course.

This was my first ever pregnancy and miscarriage. Before it happened, I had a very regular 27 to 28 day cycle. In the past 3 months, I have gotten "almost" back to normal. I stopped getting my period every 2 weeks, and now go from 23 to 29 day cycles. However, I start getting cramps for 2 weeks BEFORE my period, I have very large clots and I just don't feel normal. In fact, I know I'm not because for 15 years prior to my miscarriage, I never had anything like this happen.

We have been trying to conceive for over a year. I got pregnant 4 months after we started trying but my irregular cycles has changed everything. I don't think I am even ovulating.

If anyone has had anything similar to this, please share your story. I'm very worried that I will never be the same again! =(

Thanks,

Jenn
I had very irregular periods for seven months after I miscarried.  I started reading about the definition of infertility and part of the definition was that you had to be active in TTC before a doctor would treat you.  At the time I was not too active because my attitude was, "Who cares?  I don't menstruate, so I obviously don't ovulate."  But then, I realized I had to give it a try before I could get infertility treatments from the doctor.  So, I never got regular again, but am now pregnant.  For the whole seven months the doctors kept insisting I was fine.  I saw a traditional Chinese medicinal specialist though and she said I had stagnation in the womb and gave me some herbal supplements and that's when I got pregnant.
Thanks for your input Tia, that's very interesting. I've never heard of that before. I'll definitely have to look into that and bring it up to a doctor.
I've had 2 mc's this year and I have been irregular like crazy. I have a AF but it is very light. I spot then have a regular period for like a day and thats it.
I haven't gotten regular since. I've been meaning to go to the OB about it. People have told me that it takes a while but you would think that 7 months would do. I don't know. When you find out let me know. I don't feel normal either. You would think that it would be a hormonal imbalance.
I had a miscarriage in March and after that only 3 AF's.  After being sick of my doc. for telling me to wait and wait and wait. I got a second opinion and was diagnosed with PCOS and am on Clomid this month.  I finally feel hopeful.  Good luck!