Maternal & Child Community
Irritated Cervix
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Irritated Cervix

Good Morning, I am wondering if anyone has ever been told that they have an irritated cervix. I am almost 16 weeks and last weekend had some spotting and went to urgent care where I was told me cervix was irritated. I had an u/s and everything was good and they baby actually measured 16.5 weeks. Just wondering if I should be concerned?
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
121828_tn?1333468091
Hello,
I was told to go to the ER on Friday after 102 fever and 10 weeks prego. They did an internal and told me I had an inflamed cervix as well. They also did an ultrasound and did lots of blood and urine and all came back fine too. Then, they let me go and didn't mention it again??
Blank
Hey there! I wouldn't worry about it. Sometimes it can get irritated from sex. I spotted brown blood at about 10 weeks or so and everything was fine. That was about a week after a vaginal u/s which would explain the brown, because the brown color means its old. I think you will be just fine! :) God Bless!
Blank
Thanks for everyones advice. My doctor didnt seemed to be concerned so I guess I shouldnt worry
Blank
My sister went through the same thing when she was about 13w with her daughter.  She had a yeast infection she didn't know about and when she bd'ed with her dh it irritated her cervix and she had light brown spotting for a day or two.  She went on to have a completely normal pregnancy with no more spotting.  I'm sure you'll be fine.  Good luck!
Blank
In my first pregnancy, I spotted and my dr. said I had a very sensitive cervix. I don't know if it was irritated, but she did prescribe me some antibiotics (some yucky cream you insert the way you use the anti-yeast-infection creams). I spotted a bit every week from week 10 (pap smear) until I got the antibiotics in week 14.
Blank
Hi everyone,

I've had spotting with both my daughter and my current pregnancy. The ob suspected irritable cervix the first time, but I moved away during that pregnancy and forgot about it.
Now, with my second pregnancy my gp told me at my first physical she could actually see the bleeding happening. What she didn't tell me was where to find extra information. Does anyone know what information is reliable? What treatments are there?
Turns out my mom had the same with all three pregnancies. She remembers having treatment once a week, but doesn't remember what substance the gp used to 'dap' her cervix with. Anyone familiar?

Thanks, Mireille
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank