Is Benadryl okay to take during pregnancy?
Is it okay to take benadryl while preg?  I am almost 27 weeks and having a reaction to a medication.  
i couls be wrong but i thought any hayfever tablets were  a no no during pregnancy which sucks as i have allergies too, if you are reacting to it i would deffo say stop using it.
ok i stand corrected.
just found this!

Can I take Benadryl while I am pregnant?
By : Sophia Levis

There has been little study done on the effects of Benadryl during pregnancy.  Benadryl is considered a "B" class medication, which means that there is a reasonable amount of experience with a medication during pregnancy and no reason to believe that it would cause harm to the baby.

There are other allergy medications that you may wish to take during pregnancy.  This is why it is important to talk with your doctor or midwife about the specific medications that you might take when you are pregnant.  Medications that have been deemed safe during pregnancy are rated as an “A” class medication.  Most allergy medications used during pregnancy are rated as a “B” class medication, which means that there is a reasonable amount of experience with a medication during pregnancy and no reason to believe that it would cause harm to the baby.  Medications that are rated “C” have little or no information or studies that show how it affects pregnancy in women.

speak to your doctor though as you are having a reaction, maybe something else can be prescribed. :)
well, the medicine that done it was prevacid.  I have taken it for years but he gave me a script this time for the solutabs instead of the pills.  So I started it this am and of course I am allergic.  I am allergic to A LOT of medications.  I tried to call my GP and they wont change my script unless I drive 45 mins into town and show them my rash.  So I think I will call my OB just to make sure I can take the benadryl.
I'd call the OB as well.
Have you tried Robitussin? (sp?) I know there is one type of that that you can use. Your pharmacist is another good person to call....
Both my RE at Stanford and regular OB said Benadryl is safe.  I take it periodically.
If you have ?'s, I like to check safefetus . com and they are a great site for drug questions :)
I have heard that Benadryl is safe in pregnancy. When i called L&D about cold sypmtoms they told me this was safe to take and my ob had later backed it up.