Maternal & Child Community
Is First Response pretty Accurate?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Is First Response pretty Accurate?

Have any of you used first response HPT and what do you think is it accuarte?
i took it w/ my last preg. 4 days before af and it came out positive. i mc but it was still was accu. as soon as it came out +i got to my dr the next day to conferm and i was +. good luck
I'm not a fan of first response. I had purchased a multi pack twice and both times 1 or 2 of the tests didn't read at all. I did call the number on the box and they did send me replacements. But they really hype the fact that a woman can detect pregnancy 5 days earlier which is a big attention grabber since most expecting mom's want to find out asap. But the fine print does say results are only accurate in 60-something % of women testing early. My advice is to save your $ and purchase a less expensive test that will give you results the day of your expected period. All tests regardless of brand or price will give you accurate results by then. I know it's hard to wait...trust me, I know. But it's not worth the rollercoaster or the expensive name brand hpt's that may or may not be accruate when testing too soon. Good luck! Oh...as far as a positive result on first response....you can be sure it's accurate. I don't think you can get a false positive on any brand.
With my last pregnancy I took it 5 days before I missed my period and got a positive, went to the doctors 2 days later and it was right.
I researched preg. test on the Internet, & this was the #1 for early dectection. I forget where I had seen this, but this is what I have used in the past & it has been accurate
I personally don't like First Response at all.  With this pregnancy I tested one day before af was due, and it was negative.  I went on a trip with dh and drank alittle, went to a waterpark, pretty much behaved like I wasn't pregnant since I had tested with the most accurate test and it said negative.  To make a long story short I'm now 36 weeks pregnant.
I get my  preg tests of the internet they can detect 20hcg leveles as apossed to the over the counterbest one is 30 or 40
Our Pregnancy Tests! 20 mIU/ml hCG
E.P.T.  40 mIU/ml hCG
ClearBlue Easy  50 mIU/ml hCG
First Response  100 mIU/ml hCG
Answer  100 mIU/ml hCG
I personally like the digital tests that read pregnant or not pregnant.  They take all the guesswork out of deciding if a test is really positive or not.  Good luck to you!
I broke open the one that are digital they look the same on the inside with 2 lines and al it just triggers the read out
I used the "Not Pregnant" "Pregnant" tests in 2005, I got a "Pregnant" and well... I wasn't, it was a 4cm ovarian cyst.  So, I don't have much faith in many tests other than blood tests these days.
thanks girls...i do have 4 first reponse tests and I took one yesterday which i was 12 DPO and got a neg...I took another this morn and a possible very very faint line and I thought maybe it was an evap line that was w/ FMU...then beacause I am crazy I took another this afternoon...(like 5pm) and the line was still  faint but definatly there this time.  I also used a OPK test too just for the heck of it and two very dark lines appeared very fast!...
I think I am going to wait a day or two and if AF does not come I will get ept or something...or even equate brand!(They are sooo expensive when you buy a lot!)   I am just nervous because I M/C in Sept at 6 -7 weeks and in dec too.
I do have a very healthy DD who is 3 1/2 so I hope those m/c were just a fluke!!!
Thank-you all so much!!
I used the CVS equivalent of First Response Earlist Result and got a positive at 12 dpo. I went to the doctor that same day, and my hcg was 28.
the tests I get you can test 7-10 dpo
I took an EPT with the read out "not pregnant"..."pregnant" I got a BFP, A little pricey but worked perfect. Good luck
I used EPT and first response. they were positive. I called the doctors office and they said there was no reason for me to confirm it with them and I should call an OBGYN because all of these pregnancy tests are the exact same things they use. They are very accurate. If you question the result take another test to be sure. Alot of tests will have 3 testers in one box.
Good Luck!!
I got my one and ony bfp 4 days early with it.
I hope it is bfp!!! I can hardly stand the wait! I bet you test again and is darkerr! Good luck, my fingers and toes are crossed :)
You're not supposed to break open a digital test- the two lines inside are not indicative of the actual result. Although I've heard/read that the internet hpts are very accurate, the hcg levels you posted for the other tests are incorrect for FRER and Answer. Go to peeonastick.com to see what levels they test at.

So, are you and internet hpt vendor? You seem to be pusing those tests in an obnoxious way.
That's the one I used the other day and I'd say it was accurate, I used it with afternoon pee and it was pretty diluted and still came up positive.
ImmortalOne: Maybe you were pregnant and the cyst just got in the way, I had a huge cyst with my 1st born that burst in my 6th month, it was almost the size of a small fetus, the hospital tried to convince me that I was not pregnant and in december I delivered a healthy little boy that tested positive on the HPT, not saying that they don't have defects but, they test for HCG not cysts. Second opinion is what I had to do. They put that so called cyst in a specimen jar (the size of a huge pickle jar) and told me they wanted to test it. I still think it was twin to my son that developed outside of the womb because that happens, I had to deliver this so called cyst. So I dont even trust doctors 100% just go on what you know and trust god. (sorry if TMI)