Maternal & Child Community
Is Prilosec safe during Pregnancy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Is Prilosec safe during Pregnancy?

Is Prilosec OTC safe during pregnancy? And if it is not and you stop taking it will there be any dammage done to the baby?
I had cronic (chronic) heartburn my entire pg.  It started even before my first missed period.  I started taking prilosec around the beginning of the second trimester and took it all the way until the end.  Even after the baby dropped, I still had very intense heartburn if I didn't take the prilosec. As long as I took the prilosec everyday, I felt nothing.  I took it at the direction of my dr and my son is fine.  Better than fine really :)