Is being outside in the heat during pregnancy dangerous during pregnancy?
I haven't posted in quite some time, but I have a questions. If somebody could help, i'd really appreciate it. I'm 14 weeks pregnant. I teach school in southern Texas. Tomorrow, I'm supposed to spend all day outside with my 2nd graders for Field Day. It is supposed to be around 90 with heat index around 95. I know the danger temperature is 102, but I'm looking for a little reassurance that I'm not hurting the baby. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated!
Stay really hydrated, wear a hat, sunscreen and breatable clothes and if possible take a few breaks to put your feet up. As far as I know otherwise it shouldn't be a problem. Have fun on your field trip! I miss field trips....oh to be in second grade again....
I live in Houston Texas and am 13 wks pregnant and just got a magazine about pregnancy regarding this. It is VERY important that you stay well hydrated and try to stay in the shade as much as possible. Also, very important that you insist upon breaks to sit down with your feet elevated for a few minutes. Hope you have fun! My DD just had her field day and there is a pregnant teachere at her school too. Thankfully, there were enough parents that she and I both could take breaks throughout the day and sit down in the shade and relax! Hopefully, it's the same at your school!