Maternal & Child Community
Is fetal movement supposed to slow down when the end is near?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is fetal movement supposed to slow down when the end is near?

I had heard/read that fetal movement was supposed to slow down when delivery was near. I am experiencing just the opposite. My little girl is due Monday and is more active then ever. Does this mean she's no where near ready to be born??? Someone please tell me that is not the case ... I'm barely hanging on here!
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
172411_tn?1287089865
i dont believe that always that happens. with my daughter 4 yrs ago she slowed down alot before i had her but with my son he was very active, he moved around more it seemed which was werid and so i think it works both ways.
ksanden

congrats for monday if your baby comes..
Blank
I don't think it is uncommon to happen either way ... they say the only reason for the decrease (if there is one) is because they are running low on room. Babies vary so much in size (as do us mommies), so the baby's size and our size internally can certainly effect whether or not the baby's movements are reduced. Good luck!
Blank
My baby has not slowed down at all either and I'm due two weeks from tomorrow.  She is all over the place in there.  I always thought they would slow down due to lack of room but not this one!
Blank
127124_tn?1326739035
My Dr advice me towards the end of each pregnancy to contact them if I noticed a change in movement either way.  My daughter remained about the same. My son's movements increased dramatically and were very different.  The cord was around his neck twice and I needed an emergency c-section.
If you are concerned please call your Dr.
Blank
Thanks everyone....
Blank
i asked my midwife the same ? and no they should stay as active as they usally r. if any decrease in movement contact ur doc.
Blank
u have to keep in mind that baby is gettin bigger , and it may be hard to move as much or hard
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...