Maternal & Child Community
Is it a diaper rash or something more?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Is it a diaper rash or something more?

I have a 2 year old, and I noticed that his penis was very red when changing his diaper. Didn't think much of it & put diaper rash cream on it. Now it has been 2 days later and the foreskin is swollen & red, dry & a little cracked. I keep diaper cream on it, but now I am wondering if this is something more. No fever, though. what do you think?
I would say that after 2 days of putting the cream on it, and no relief from it, i would think it is something a little more. Maybe just put a call into his pedi and see what they think. Does it seem like he is in pain from it?
Perhaps a yeast infection that requires a prescrip.  Not fun -- I'd take him to the doc just to be sure.
i would call the drs too...also, i have found a and d ointment works better w/ my son then diaper rash cream...it keeps him more protected i think...hope he is ok
I agree, I think it is a yeast infection.People think only girls get it, but that is not the case.
Thanks, I talked to the pharmacist & she set me up with a remendy that she made from anti-fungus cream + destin, I'm going to try that tonight, if it doesn't work we'll be going to the dr 2 morrow. THanks