Maternal & Child Community
Is there any way to tell if a baby is mixed?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Is there any way to look at a baby without waiting to see if the pigment will change to tell if it is mixed with black and white? I heard if the genitals are darker than the rest of the body then it is mixed?
I think that's an understatement.  My daughter is mixed but her dad is really light and I'm white.  Now when they're first born it is really hard to tell until a couple of hours.  But then again it could vary on how dark or light mother and father are.  Both ,my kids are mixed and you can hardly tell.  But obviously if your partner is a darker shade then you probably would be able to tell.  It takes a little while for their pigment and everything to have full affects.  You could have a white child when they are actually bi-racial.  It just depends on the parents genetics.  Hope this helps from experiance
im wondering why you would be wondering if you can tell if a babys mixed or not. if you dont know who the father is. you should get a dna test. you shouldnt try and tell if a baby is part black based on genitals
if you're worried about who the father may be the only way you're going to be 100% sure is to have a paternity test done.