Maternal & Child Community
Is this Safe?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Is this Safe?

Our daughter just had dental surgery last week, she had her 4 wisdom teeth removed.  She had anasthetic and some valium.  She also took tylenol 3's for 2 1/2 days for pain.  We just found out that she is newly pregnant.  This is a surprise pregnancy but not an unwanted pregnancy.  Are the anathetic and the tylenol 3's a danger to the new pregnancy??  We are all worried until she gets to the doctor in a few days for her appt.

Kittie Lover
I had oral surgery when I was about 9-10 weeks pregnant for my daughter and also had anasthetic and tylenol with codein (sp?)....everything was fine for me.  My DD is a healthy and happy 3 (almost 4 yr old)
http://www.whaindy.com/FAQMedications.html
i had a tooth pulled when i was about 9 weeks and they gave me the same tylenol. all my doctors have said that tylenol is perfectly safe during pregnancy and i have continued to use it since then with no complications.

so i would not worry about the tylenol a bit. as for the other things i am not sure.

good luck to you and yours!