Maternal & Child Community
Is this normal?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Is this normal?

I had a D&C done 1 1/2 weeks ago, and I bleed for 3-4 days. I have heard that it takes 4-6 weeks to get your period, but I started bleeding today. Is that normal? has anyone else got their period that soon after a D%C? I would think that 1 1/2 weeks is kindof soon to be starting my period. Any thoughts?
It's probably still from the d&c. I had it off and on for a couple of weeks after the main part of bleeding was done. You wont get af until after hcg is normal again and you ovulate. My hcg took a little over 2 weeks to drop to normal, after I o'd af came like clockwork 2 wks later. I'm sorry your going through this too.
Ive had 3 d&c's and everyone was different.  I ususally bled off and on for a few weeks but always got my af 1 month to the day of surgery.....Im very regular.  It could just be some bleeding from the surgery still.  Sometimes it takes your body a while to get back to normal.  Good luck.
Avatar n tn
I guess I thought it was weird, because I had stopped bleeding for 1 whole week, until today. has anyone started their period that soon after?
Avatar n tn
Thank you for your comments, that makes me feel better that there isn't a problem. Hopefully after a couple of cycles I will concieve (conceive) again. Best of wishes to you.