Maternal & Child Community
Is too much of a good thing bad?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Is too much of a good thing bad?

I have had 6 unexplained miscarriages and just started taking a baby aspirin to help...I hope. I also read that extra folic acid could help too. Can you take too much of that or will it cause more harm than good? I take a prenatal everyday and have been for the last 10 years. I have been lossing alot of hair for the past 5 years and taking biotin on and off. I was woundering if it's okay to take an extra 100mg of  biotin during pregnancy? I don't want to take to much and miscarry again. I will ask my dr at my next appt. Thanks for any info.
You should get your thyroid checked. That might explain the reason for the hair loss and who knows, possibly the reason for the miscarriages. You should talk to your doctor in regards to the folic acid and aspirin.
I just had my thyroid checked about 8 months ago and my dr said it was fine. All my test have come back normal, so I'm not sure where to go from here.
Have any of the babies been tested for chromosomal issues, etc.?
Are you seeing a specialist about your fertility issues?
i agree with anxiousmomtobe? i had to have 3 confirmed miscarriages befor they would help me at all. just to find out i have 2bloodclotting disorders. that is why i had to take the 81mg of baby asprin a day, plus projestrone(sp?). and that is all i have to do now to carry a baby. she is a very healthy 10month old. so dont self medicate.w/o knowing for sure. with taking a blood thinner like baby asprin, i had a lot of brusing too. good luck and see your dr asap. and sorry for all of your losses.
I have done genetic testing and everything is normal. I have had lost of blood work done but, I don't know everything they covered. I have a dr's appt in 2 days, so I'll ask. My insr won't cover a fertility specialist. Thanks for the info