Maternal & Child Community
Isaac James is Here!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Isaac James is Here!

Just wanted to let everyone know I FINALLY had that baby!  I was 38 weeks, 2 days and luckily went into labor on my own (was going to be induced at 39 weeks).  Only had labor for about 3 hours until I had the epidural at 5 cm. I never progressed from there and he was in an incredible amount of distress, was born not breathing because he had produced and then swallowed so much malconium (sp?) while in distress.  The doctors said we were lucky to have the c-section when we did or we probably would've lost him.  He is absolutely precious and had his intestinal surgery (had gastroschesis) the night he was born in like 10 minutes because he weighed in at 8 lbs 1 oz!!!  The doctors were expecting him to be ideally 4-6 lbs if he could, because babies with that are born so small I guess.  Yah... he was not small  :)  
Congratulations ! Is he home with you now?
Aw, congrats!  Glad to hear everyone is okay.
Congrats!!
No, he will be in NICU for about a month, but we hope to have him home by Thanksgiving!!!  :)  
Best of luck!
Congrats! to you and your family.  I'm glad to hear everything worked out as it should.  Man, huge baby, for 38weeks too!
congrats!
Congrats to you and I hope all goes well from here! That is great that is a doing well despite the circumstances! Good Luck!
Wow, glad everything turned out the way it did.  Congrats and best of luck.