Itchy cast?
Hi, my 8 year old daughter Evie has a cast for her leg because she broke it riding her bike. She keeps on tying to poke things in her cast to stop the itching. Should I take her back to the hospital to get her a new one?
Unless they have some magic new cast technology in this day and age, it's been my experience that people always are irritated by how much they itch.  My father-in-law used to use a ruler to scratch his arm when he broke it.  Talk to her doctor and see if there is any way to reduce the chance she'll give herself a skin infection if she pokes something in there (like a pencil) that isn't very clean.  I'm sure the doctor has heard this before.  I very much doubt a new cast would solve the problem.
I agree. I had always been under the impression they itch no matter what. I actually went to school with someone who cut their cast off because it was so itchy. (the doctors weren't impressed and told him to not do it again) You can see what the doctors say, but she will probably just have to bear with it for now.
My son had a cast back in September, it was awful itchy for him, we used clean q tips to give the area's we could get too a little scratch and a clean and then we brushed athletes foot powder in there with a make up brush. His doctor okayed it and it really helped.
mum2, that's a great idea.  They have those ultra-long Q-tips.