Maternal & Child Community
It's a....... (with some worries)
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

It's a....... (with some worries)

It's a girl!  Well at least the technician is pretty positive it is, nothing "stood up" in the U/S and after much prodding and moving the baby they were able to see between the legs well.  Her name is to be Lilith Nadezhda  (Of nights' hope).

We had a slight possible problem with the u/s and the baby though.  She is measuring a week behind and shouldn't be at this point.  The doctor is concerned because she is n the 10-25% of baby's this age (19 weeks exactly); especially because of the narcotics I was on for pain and the surgery.  I go back again in 2 weeks to follow up and see if she is still behind in size.  I'm worried because as time passes, if she gets to 10% or less for her age, they will have to take her early... very early.  

Need lots of hope and prayers, yet again, the complications need to end soon... they are driving me mad.
Related Discussions
13 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Well congratulations on your baby GIRL!  That's wonderful and I like the unique name!  I am sorry to hear your news and I know that this is a scary wait for you.  I am sure the baby is fine and I will ask God to wrap his arms around you and your baby girl!  I will be praying for you!
Blank
congrats on the baby girl.  I too am also 19 weeks and are you showing yet??  I am not really and am extremely worried about the baby..  I have felt movement but only a little every now and again..  how much weight have you gained I have gained 5  lbs..  
Blank
Congratulations on your girl. Will be thinking of you in my prayers tonight. I am sure your little girl will be fine. Beautiful name as well.

Keep us updated on your progress.
Blank
164559_tn?1233711618
Congrats.

I am 20 weeks and it is definitely a girl.  

I think your little one will start to catch up now that you are well.  The key will be if she continues to grow at a consistent rate.

Beautiful name by the way.
Blank
184622_tn?1258559967
Congratulations!  What a nice name! We are all praying for you God bless.
Blank
Congratulations.  You have chosen a beautiful name.  I hope your next U/S shows the growth you are hoping for.
Blank
175662_tn?1282217256
Someone asked about if I'm showing yet.  LOL I've been showing since the swelling went down after the surgery.  But yes, showing definately.  I have gained about 15lbs or there about (it is hard to tell because of how large the tumor was they took out).  I think that my doctor is wonderful, I've been extremely happy with the care I've gotten and how careful and thorough she is with everything.  She answers all our questions and fully explains everything to us.

The ultrasound was to check if there were any heart problems as well and it looked great.  The doctor was concerned because of the narcotics I was on for so long; more than me smoking (I know I shouldn't - but, I cut down from 2 packs a day to just under 1/2 a pack a day and my full quit date is May 1st, doing my best don't hang me).  Also my fiancee' has a very small frame for a guy (he is very petite and so is 1/2 of his family), so it could play a factor in things as well.  

My first daughter was 8lbs, my 2nd was 7lbs 15oz, so hopefully things will even out with this one.  She's already been through so much with the surgery.  I hope that now we are healthy she will catch up like they want her to.  I'm really concerned they will induce earlier than we expected (she's due August 27th, they were going to induce 1-2 weeks early anyway).
Blank
93532_tn?1349374050
While an u/s at this point is far more accurate than one done at the end, there are still some factors that can contribute to her weighing small. The easiest one to explain would be you caught your little princess before her growth spurt. They happen in the womb as well. My 3rd measured a little small in the beginning and he ended up being my biggest one.

Try not to worry about it too much, I am sure the next u/s will show a baby who is right on target.
Blank
grats!
Blank
when they do the followup, make sure they actually do the 1-hour (or however long it takes) ultrasound for proper measurements. they insisted right up till the end that mine was 9-10 lbs and she ended up 6.5... so unless they're -really- measuring properly, dont settle for the guestimates that they seem to love giving.
Blank
142722_tn?1281537216
I am nervous about having a boy.  I got an 11 year old daughter and sis has a 3 year old daughter.  I have no experiences with boys - not any.  I went to buy boy clothes and found it hard to do because I have alway bought for a girl - dresses etc...  I know what you are saying
Blank
187233_tn?1271025763
Congrats on your baby girl :)

Try not to stress yourself too much...when my dd was born, the doctors had her measuring at about 3 lbs....they induced me almost 1 month early because they said she was so far behind and wasn't growing anymore...turns out they were wrong...she weighed in at 6lbs. 4 oz. and would have been more if they let me go the full term :)

Anyway, I hope you're doing well and that everything works out for you :)
Blank
151154_tn?1208134182
Hang in there!!!!   Congrats and I love the name.   I agree with the above poster, I bet she will catch up.  They said my baby was off by 3 days and not to worry.  They said as long as it isn't weeks.  I think she will be okay.  I know smoking is bad and I personally have never smoked but I know people that have and thier babies are fine.  Good luck with everything!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...