Maternal & Child Community
Just an Update

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Just an Update

Tomorrow we are going in for our last appointment with our current doctor and I'm just hoping he says it is okay for me to fly and everything is looking great!  I'm really hoping the CVS results on the babies will be back and we can find out more about the babies healths and what we are going to have!  I am really nervous about this appointment for some reason.  I will be about 13.5 weeks and if he okays everything our plane leave tomorrow at noon to Colorado!  I will see my new high risk doctor on wednesday just so we can meet and everything and he can check on the babies and everything!  I am really excited to meet him, we talked on the phone but that's about it!  This is all very crazy we will have to set a day to to the cerclage here in the next 2 and a half, 3 weeks!  Has anyone ever had this done?  I'm not exactly sure what to expect but I know it's best for the babies!
Are you getting another ultrasound tomorrow, or just a maternity check-up appointment?  How exciting that you leave for CO right after the appointment.  I'll pray everything goes well and that you get the green light to go (I assume you've already bought your tickets and all).  Just be sure that you #1- stay hydrated on the plane, #2- get up and walk during the flight (or do in-seat leg exercises to prevent blood clots) and #3- try to remain as stress-free as possible during it all!!  I'm sure you are very excited to see the new house and all!
Don't have a clue about the cerclage, other than you have to have it removed prior to birth (duh, right? LOL).  If it's anything like in horses (they sometimes have a "Caslick's", which sutures shut the vulva), it should really be no big deal and shouldn't even really hurt.  We have a Clydesdale mare that had this done.
Anyway, congrats and good luck with the new doctor on Wednesday!  I might be looking for a new ObGyn myself, as after my appt. this past Friday, we found out they're changing their billing (before our insurance 100% covered the dr's labor/delivery fees; now they want to charge more than our blue cross/blue shield insurance will cover and have us sign off that we will pay the difference no matter what they charge.)  I'm attached to my current ObGyn dr as he delivered our son, but when it comes down to it, we've gotta do what's most practical too.  At least you (and now me) will be changing doctors early on in our pregnancies.
Good luck!  Give us an update when you get to CO!!
I am so excited to see the new house and everything!  I am hoping he says everything is good because we do have our tickets already!  I will get to see the babies on another u/s, I have one every 2 weeks, just to make sure everything is looking good!  Yeah I really like my current doctor but, we have to change doctors so...  I am just very excited for everything, I can't wait to find out the sex of the babies, I wont be able to sleep tonight!
How are you feeling?  Any more cramping/bleeding?  Is your dh going to be there for the ultrasound this time?  (Would almost be funny to have the doctor joke that they're all 4 baby girls in there... and then tell you the real sexes! I bet your hubby would have a stroke! LOL)  I had another ultrasound on friday (11w3d) and my dh couldn't be there (work).  My doctor looked at the between-the-legs shot and said, "Hmmm...don't hold me to it, but it looks like another boy."  Sure enough there was a "dangle" there, but when I got home and looked on the computer, I saw that boys AND girls have a "dangle" (genital tuber) hanging there until the female's genitalia receedes up into a vulva, and the boy's stay external.  They say to look at the "angle of the dangle" (if it's greater than 30deg it's a male, and less than 30deg a girl).  I was just shocked that my dr was seeing the supposed sex at such an early age, and didn't know about "angles of dangles" or that girls even had those.... makes me wonder about the competency of my dr if he didn't know that fact either?  Guess we'll see in a few more weeks.
Anyway, is this the final move to CO, or are you just going there for a visit/to see the house?  Are you all packed?
Oh poor guy, I think he will be so upset if it was all girls and to be honesty I feel like at least 3 are girls if not all 4 but we will see...  Yeah my hubby will be there, he is so nervous to find out the sexes.  I'm feeling pretty good, I don't really have much cramping but I still have a littel bleeding.  It is the final move to Colorado and we are all packed and ready to go!!  I am so excited to move back home!  The babies cribs should be here next week so I'm going to have daddy hurry up and paint the babies rooms and it works perfect because we should know the sex of the babies tomorrow so we can be painting blue or pink.  I have been looking at cradles and I found a few I liked that match the cribs too so I just need to decide!  I can't wait to start buying more than dipers now that we will be home!
Make sure you also start stocking up on burp cloths (I use cloth diapers for burp cloths, as they are larger and more absorbent), hooded baby bath towels, baby wash cloths, and diaper cream.  We also loved those undershirts that have the little flip down mitten-thingies, as babies like to scratch themselves with their tiny fingernails.  For the cradle, we got one of those sleep-positioners to keep baby on his back, and also made him feel "swaddled", since it form fits on his side (rolled up recieving blankets can also work at first).  Oh, and I couldn't live without my Diaper Genie!  Newborn poo isn't so bad, and I guess we could've just thrown his diapers in the trash, but me-oh-my, just wait until they get older, and P-U!!!  I can't wait to drop that diaper in the Diaper Genie and seal it off.  We only need to empty it once a week, and it goes the whole week without smelling the nursery up at all!  Anyway, I bet you can't wait to start setting up the babies rooms!  Do you already have "themes" in mind, or are you going to wait until you know the sexes?  My son's is a "zoo/jungle" theme.
It'll be a nice time to be moving back to CO... the weather is cooling off, but still nice enough to make it pleasant-- and you'll be all settled in and comfortable before the holidays!  How great is that!?!
How should your babies lay?  My sister keeps her baby on their stomach which I think it better because if they spit up they won't choak but then I heard for SIDS it's better for the babies to be on thier backs.  I think that I want a zoo/jungle theme for the boys, I saw really cute stuff and target and I think for the girls I just want it really girly and pink!  Yes I am glad we will be settled before the holidays and before the babies come!  We told family that we are going to have Christmas at our house this year so that way we will get our butts in hear and work on the house!  I have paint colors picked for our bedroom and living room and kitchen.  My husband has a week and a half off once we get there so we will do some painting and all that but I would rather just hire someone to do it so we can get everything else unpacked and everything!  So I think tomorrow when we get there we will call around and find someone to paint all the rooms because there will be at least 8 rooms that need to be painted and I want to start getting the babies rooms and nursery all put together so I can just get all the rooms together!  I want the babies rooms done by the time the cribs get here early next weeks so that's what we will work on first thing!  Then once we get the cribs I will start getting all the crib sheets and stuff and start decorating!!!  I am just so excited!
The baby should be kept on its back, they usually turn their heads if they are going to spit up, or if they have back reflux then some doctors suggest that they be put on their sides and propped up that way with rolled blankets around their bodies.
Yeah I was thinking about placing the babies on their sides, I just don't really like the idea of the babies on their backs for some reason!
They've changed the rules over the years.  With my eldest DD (she's nearly 15) it was "on the back" with #2 DD (10 yrs ago) it was "on the side" (she had really bad reflux) and now with Lilith its on the back again.

I actually sleep with her on my chest, on her side, most of the time.  But with you having 4 little ones on the way I highly doubt that will be an option most of the time!  Hope you are feeling well!
Yeah, I agree with ImmortalOne... due to SIDS, babies are suppose to be on their back until they start rolling over on their own.  I was glad when Alexander started rolling and would flip over on his belly though, because he did seem to sleep much better on his tummy.  He always was burped (and did his spit-up stuff) before being put down to sleep.  Like I said, we had a sleep positioner thing for his cradle... it was basically two "rolls" that velcro attached to a little mat; they were adjustable for putting them further apart (they go under the arms) as the baby grows.   It kept him positioned on his back, and kept him from getting pinned against the side/bumper in the cradle.
Sounds like a good idea of hiring a painter to do the 8 rooms.  If your dh only has 1 1/2 weeks off to get you all moved in and settled, he won't be having the time to do all that (there will be a million other "honey do" items for him to work on).  Plus, being preggo and all, you shouldn't be doing it and exposing yourself to all those paint fumes (much less climbing ladders!).  Be sure and open lots of windows while they're working.
Will all of your stuff be arriving in CO tomorrow?  Are any family/relatives nearby to help you guys move in, since you really shouldn't be lifting/moving heavy stuff?
Hey!!!
I've been wondering how you've been going, its good too here that things are going so good, it funny I keep talking about you to my fiance and showing him the ultrasound thats posted, hes just as shocked as I am. So are you showing yet, have ya had much symptoms, eewww morning sickness x4, omg I just couldn't bare it LOL, I never had morning sickness with my other 3 pregnancy's but when I fell pregnant with this one, boy did I find out what morning sickness was all about, I was not a pretty sight in the mornings lol. So will you be able to find out the sexes of the babies now? isn't it a little soon?
I want to find a sleep positioner thing that keeps the baby on the side.  Is that what you used ImmortalOne for your little one you put on it's side?

SeeingSpots: We sent all of our stuff this morning, my hubby and are going to buy a new bed and bedroom furniture so we will have to go find that tomorrow too so we can at least have a matress to sleep on.  We are also getting a new dining room table and new kitchen plates and all those goodies.  Everything we are getting new pretty much but our living room stuff because we just got that about 6 months ago.  So that should be a blast!  My hubby and his brother will move in the living room stuff and a few other boxes and stuff we have, it is very nice not having much and buying all new.  But we will have such a big day tomorrow.  Two of our friends left this morning to drive our cars out and they will help us for about a week too so that will be nice!

Molley21: I actually haven't had any morning sickness, thank god!  I don't know if you know but they found baby E but unfortunatly we are miscarring that 5th baby so we are back to 4 babies!  We actually have a CVS which can tell you the sex of your baby as early as like 11 or 12 weeks I think and we actually had that done because we wanted to find out the sex of the 5th baby because otherwise we will never know so I'm hoping at the appointment tomorrow the results will be back and the babies will be healthy and they will let us know what we are having!!
Omg really, oh I'm so sorry about the 5th, no I didn't know about it, I hope its very quick for you though so you can get back on track with your pregnancy. But still you can find out the sex THAT early how exciting, what are you hoping for? and whats a CVS? I've never herd of it, I'm 20 weeks and 4 days and I still don't know for sure what I'm having.
They stick you with a needle and take fluid and run genetic testing and they can also find out the sex at that point, although it isn't 100% but I think its like 98% accurate or something like that.  I think it is more common in women over 35 I think, that and amniocetisis(sp?) So yeah we should know the sex of the babies tomorrow at the appointment, I'm hoping!  We are only mainly wanting to know the sex of that 5th baby, that is priority(besides the babies health)  I wont be able to sleep tonight we have a 7:30 appointment tomorrow and then we are off to CO at noon!
oh so its all go for you tomorrow then, awsome!!! I have actually herd of the needle thing, I've also herd that its risky, I don't mean to put a dampner on it but I've herd it can lead to a misscarriage, I'm sure you'll be fine though, you've come this far with them it seems like one of those things that is meant to be, if you know what I mean. I was like you when I had my 19 week scan to check for the sex, we both could not sleep at all, my fiance and I probably went to sleep at around 2 in the morning, we were both just full of buttterflies. Also whats CO, I'm in Australia so I have no idea :)
And I dont know why its saying I posted on the 26 August because its the 27th today. wierd.
No, I did it the old way. heh, I rolled up receiving blankets and propped her up on her side with one behind her and one in front.  

I had the amnio done with Lilith, to b honest it can be painful, but it isn't as bad as I personally expected.
The procedure does have a 2% greater risk of miscarriage but my doctor siad that if he was worried about it at all then he would not have done it.  So he was really sure that it wouldn't hurt the babies.  CO is Colorado, I live in the U.S.  It is the 26th for me so maybe this site is baised from the U.S or something!  I can't wait for tomorrow!!!
I'm sure you'll have a VERY busy day tomorrow... and for the next few days!  But, whenever you do get a chance, we'll all be waiting to hear if your hubby got his wish for a little boy... or two... or three... or four!! LOL!!  
Get some rest (even if you just lay there and can't fall asleep!), and have a safe trip tomorrow!  Don't forget to take some last photos of you old home/area for the kiddos baby books-- afterall, that's where they were conceived and where you first saw them (via ultrasound).
Sweet dreams!!
Yeah that is very true!  It will be pretty crazy after the doctors appointment so I probably wont post until we make it to Colorado.  I made sure the went to today and set up my internet! Lol. Can't be without that!  Thanks ladies... I will let you know the sex and everything tomorrow!!!   : )
Good luck with everything tomorrow! I hope you get to find out the sexes, that'll be amazing!! Where did you end up finding a house at?
Wow, just imagine that, 4 boys, you in the house with 5 boys to look after (dh included, just kidding!!!)
But seriously, just imagine that if it the results were 4 boys, I'm shitting myself for you even thinking about, goodluck, LOL.
Let us know what happens as soon as you know. K
Take Care!!! :)
thanks
this was before the accident to avoid confusion
*thinks to self*

How can you first see a house on 8/16, and have closed on it, and have legal posession by 8/26 so that you can connect your phone/internet?
One would almost not think it's possible.  

*thinks very, very hard*
I am a realtor and although very difficult...far from impossible!  I have closed houses in as little as 5 days before...RARE...but not impossible. (also, I am a Realtor in Ontario, Canada, I am not sure how things are done in the states)
I don't think she was in Colorado yet on 8/26 was she??  She was seeing her old doctor-  did she say she was in the new house yet??
I've bought and sold half a dozen houses personally in my lifetime.  Even though we had been very rushed, we could never accomplish it anywhere near that quickly.  Of course, I have never bought a 6 BR, 4.5 ba house in a very expensive area before.  The price tag for something like that would be far beyond our means.  Here in SoCal, it would probably go for close to $2 million.  U.S. dollars, of course.  It might be slightly less in Colo, but she did say it was a very expensive neighborhood.
I can only imagine the nightmare of quickly financing a house of that nature.  Perhaps they paid cash.

I have no idea of the system in Canada.  I will accept that it is very rare there.  Things move slowly in the States, so it would be very, very, very rare here.  Especially for a premier property like that.

She saw her old doctor at 7:30 am!, had her appt, learned the baby's sexes, went to the airport, caught a noon cross country flight, arrived, drove to the new home, met the friends who had driven cross country with their cars, went mattress shopping, and unpacked.

on 8/27 this happened.  She posted when she was all done unpacking.  She had the internet set up a day or two before, so they had legal possesion of the house in order to do that.  
hum....  does sound strange, but maybe they are in a rental in CO until they get their house??  I don't know...  maybe she'll be back soon and be able to answer your question.....  has she said they moved in??  I only read some of the posts...  maybe I missed it....
I just saw this post and it compelled me to comment:

No, she said she had the rooms painted in this six bedroom house and it was BEAUTIFUL...so not a rental.  She posted when she arrived.  I just closed on a house in the US the second week of June.  The house sold quickly, actually on the market for six days, purchased by a realtor (and they actually personally KNOW the appraiser, title work people, etc.).  The final offer accepted was on April 22 and the house did not close until the second week of June and that was no delays and as soon as they could get it done in a SLOW MARKET.  I am also not saying it could not be done and our house was not a six bedroom home, but it was in FL in a "most desirable US city" according to Money Magazine and so to get it done that quickly seems VERY RARE.  Plus...I had to wait all day on FRI for FedEX and they came at 4:00 in the afternoon - someone had to be on site to accept.  I am sure the internet people also had to have someone on site to hook it up....the day b/4 they got there.  

I love this site and so enjoy the caring people on this board, but I have to admit....I am reading and reading as i have been on a short vacation and having to wait at home for deliveries with nothing to do, and I have rarely doubted anything on here, but I am beginning to have doubts.  I actually hope i am wrong as I have received valuable information on this site and will probably never quit coming here for my many questions and support of the wonderful people I have met on here, but I again looked at the Boulder papers last night and still no mention of anything like this.  I have to admit I am old (43) and skeptical and have had the wool pulled over my eyes in my many years, so I am probably a doubter by nature, as most of us oldtimers are, but I hope I am way off course here...

I do hope the quads are fine and that New Mommy will update us at some point, at least that she is okay in her pregnancy.  Fingers crossed that I AM wrong...

**shrugs shoulders**
They moved in that day.  8/27.  The day she had the Dr. appt and flew in.  They even had it all painted within a few days.  And set up the cribs for the babies.  That girl is a workhorse!  

Well, I worked last night.  Gotta go get some sleep.  I sure hope she is ok.  
ok...now that you mention it.  Getting the cribs at 11weeks might be a tad premature?  Especially when you are a HIGH RISK.   Damn, I am so naive!!!  I guess it won't be the last time for me either.  At the very first post newmommy had regarding the quads....I honestly thought to myself, I wonder if this is a hoax?  But, then her stories were always interesting and sounding more and more real.  and then this tragedy, wow, I don't know how someone can do something like that to such a caring bunch.  Maybe she was trying to write a book or something?
LOL....  she is a work horse!  I am laughing thinking about how large a person carring quads probably is at 13 weeks (the lifetime movie I watched!)...  and doing all of that in one day!!  Oh well....  I am glad noone sent her money!  

suprise, I am too (naive)...  I was actually getting mad at people for doubting her....  now I am just really mad at her!  Oh well.....  
Lets not give her enough power to get mad over this.  Learn from it, and some "young folks", be aware that we oldies sometimes know what we are talking about.  Life has taught us some hard lessons.  We try to protect our friends by making them "aware".
I wouldn't exactly call myself YOUNG...I just celebrated my 34th...ok, I know you are "OLDER than me" Peek, but I have lived lots of tragedies, and I would NEVER make this kinda stuff up!  It really is SICK!  
I was mostly talking about the really younger girls, SB.   Don't worry, you're old in my book.  LOL.

jk jk.  

MOOOOOOOO!!!!! LOL LOL LOL
can I come play with you in the pasture?
I knew you weren't referring to me as "young" , it was just mostly wishful thinking!!!!  
*chugs her rye and diet coke!
No, this old cow is cleaning the house.  Fun time is over.  Mr Peek returning in the A.M.

oh, you're cleaning too? i feel your pain.
Kicking a path through the diet soda cans as we speak.  I have no underwear, had to resort to wearing Mr. Peeks clean underpants yesterday, or I'd have had to do laundry.  I like to live in utter filth when he is gone.  

Putting some clothes in the laundry now.  But the wine makes it hard to sort properly, you know.  
LMAO....., I probably would go commando before I wore DH briefs!!!
SB, desperate times call for desperate measures.  I do no housework when he's gone.  Its my way of rebelling against him.  

He would KILL ME if he thought my cootie-mamma had been in his underpants.  Literally KILL me.  
I'm thinking I'd have to go commando too!
I don't like commando.  The dogs sniff at me.  And at their size, well, I have to be careful.  
Peek lives like a frat boy, well 15 frat boys when the Mr is away. I have no doubt he does the same, only he calls in Merry Maids to clean up.

I think he calls the Merry Maids for something, I'll grant you that!  
Doh! This is how you guys put it together... *Kicks self*  Yeah I was getting annoyed that people weren't believing her either... guess I was also naive... funny it took us all this long.
I do DH's laundry and there is "NO" way I would put those britches on.  lol... I love him.. but men are still boys..
Your dh is a lucky man.  The few times I have been persuaded to put my husband's shorts into the wash for him, I have picked them up with tongs.  (Safety first, you know!)
How the hell am I the only one who washes all the laundry?

***storms off to "chat" with dh****

No wait Andi, I wash all the laundry too.............

And Iron it.................

And put it all back in the closets...........

And do all the cooking, cleaning, shopping...........

And decorating...........

And most of the gardening.........

I swear if he had a cook, cleaner, gardener and a nanny he wouldn't even notice if I weren't here!!
That makes for a pretty funny visual... lol  I can picture you holding your nose with one and and the longest tongs ever made in the other hand... lol
I do all of the housework, decorating, reading to the kids, cooking, shopping, laundry (what is an iron,lol), etc. How are we getting shafted? And I do my dh's schoolwork on top of caring for three munchkins. Man, I need a raise! Well, I guess that would imply I get paid in something other than drool, poop, and spit.
Ditto on all of that mum!!!