Just diagnosed with Hypothyroidism today
I just found out my thyroid levels are higher than norm..... will be starting thyroid medicine tomorrow... up until today we have been trying to conceive for some time now  and no wonder I haven't gotten PG... and why I haven't had a menstrual cycle for a few years...was put on Provera about a week ago, also.  Need feedback from people going through the same thing as we are... We desperately want a child... Looking forward to anyones advice and knowledge..
I believe I meant my thyroid levels are LOWER than norm oopsie
I think you got it right the first time in that ,,,,,,,,,high numbers mean low thyroid function.Kinda confusing, but thats what the numbers mean.. hubby has that :-(
Yes, the high number is the measurement of the "thyroid stimulating hormone" or TSH.  If the level of TSH is high, it's because your body is producing more of it (TSH) in an attempt to trigger your thyroid to release more thyroid hormones.  So the higher the TSH level, the less your thyroid is functioning.  (I'm not a doctor, this is just how my endocrinologist explained it to me.)

I have been on Synthroid for 18 years (a very high dose) and my endocrinologist tested me very frequently when I was pregnant and he actually lowered my dose when I was pregnant the last time (2006/2007) because he said that high levels of thyroid have been thought to be associated with miscarriage.  But he still kept it in the "normal" range.

I hate to tell you, but it took my endocrinologist almost a year to get my thyroid level stable and consistently in the "normal" range.  It's not something that gets corrected as soon as you start taking meds.  And a good doctor will start out with a low dose and very gradually increase it, while frequently testing to check levels.  And please see an endocrinologist for this--this is not something I think a GP should try to take on.

All the best to you.
thank you for the speedy replies......my  OBGYN phoned today to tell me that she is referring me to a endocrinologist due to my age and to make an appt asap... she also stated again that my thyroid levels are a little low... am really confused now..
I have had hypo since 2001.  I had to get my meds changed thoughout my pregnancy and went though NST every week b/c of it.