Maternal & Child Community
Just got off the pill;;trying to get pregnant.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I have been trying to get pregnant for about a month now. I stopped taking my birth control pills mid pack and immediatly got my period. Does this mean that I will ovulate according to this period that I just had;; or my normal month to month period. I always got my period on the 23rd. This month bc I got off the pill it came the 10th. I have heard that as soon as you get off the pill your body becomes extremely fertile. Is this true? Also I have been having cravings for the wierdest foods that I couldn't stand before getting off the pill. Could I be pregnant or is this just how my body is reacting to getting off the pill? I have had signs of pregnancy about 3 months ago;; but they are the same signs as I am having now;; and it was nothing then. I haven't taken a hpt but I will around the 23rd. What should I do or think until then?
hi. i was on the pill for about 5 years before i stopped to try and get pregnant. eventhough i stopped at the end of the pack, i think its the same regardless. from what i hear, you are not extremely fertile right after stopping the pill. however, once your cycle goes back to normal, which typically takes 3 or 4 cycles, then you are just as fertile as you were before you started taking the pill. no more, no less. birth control almost never affects your chances of getting pregnant once you stop. as for ovulation, you probably did not ovulate regularly this cycle. i believe its the same as what i said before, once your cycle goes back to normal, then you are more regular. i would give it at least 3 cycles. on your third cycle, time your ovulation using that date, this would be most accurate. good luck to you. i got pregnant 4 months after i stopped taking the pill. :o)
Your cycle will be messed up for a little bit since you stopped in the middle of your pack. Keep trying and in the mean time educate yourself about ovulation and conception. Do a google search, you can find tons of info about it. And remember, it can take a healthy couple a year to conceive. Good luck.
i stopped mid-pack july 1st, got my period july 2nd. no positive test though. :( my period came exactly 30 days later. so hopefully now things are back on track and this will be the month...may baby?! :) works for me!
i think it varies from person to person. i stopped the pill in may, 3 days before i was supposed to start the sugar pill..i got my period exactly 3 days later, the next month i got my period just like normal, 28 days after my last AF, and then in July I got pregnant...granted i had only been taking the pill for about a year, so maybe it depends on how long you have been on the pill?
good luck and keep trying...we tried in June, and it didnt work, then we decided to have an attitude of 'if it happens, it happens' then shortly after, i decided to go back to school so we were going to wait at least a year...well apparently it was out time cause as soon as we decided to wait..i got pregnant... it could very well happen to you the same way...good luck!
You will ovulate with the timing of this last period, not according to the schedule of the past periods.

After stopping the pill, especially mid-cycle, you should expect some oddities in your next few cycles...unless you are very fortunate, and that would be wonderful to be the case!! :-)

I also agree with luv_babies that it's good to remember it can take some time to get pg.  If it doesn't happen right away it doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong.  Sometimes these things just take time...again, unless you are very fortunate, and that would be wonderful.

Good luck and baby dust!!
thank you for all of your comments;; i have only been on the pill for 3 months and the reason i got on was because i had a cyst and my doctor said it would help.
I STOP THE PILL THE 1ST WK OF A NEW PACK AND MY AF STARTED A FEW DAYS LATER AND I GOT PG AFTER AF BUT IT ENDED IN A MC,BUT GOOD LUCK
I stopped my pill mid week after being on it continuously for years without ovulation for supression therapy to treat endometriosis and got pregnant the following month but I don't think that's the norm.
hi, i stopped taking the pills in may, i've been trying to get pregnant since then. i'm very worry!!!! i don't know what to do.
I am new here and I had a few questions. I am ttc. I stopped taking birth control on the 27th of Aug and I started spotting on the 29th. Nothing big just very light bleeding. I think I started what seemed like my period on the 31st. It lasted until the fourth. I had cramps and everything. Was it withdrawal bleeding or my period? I did stop my pills md pack. I last had my period on the 13 of Aug. If anyone has some answers let me know.
Im not totally trying to conceive my second child just yet, but I went off my bc pill a month ago, and i missed my period. Im having ALOT of symptoms of pregnancy that remind me of my first pregnancy with my son. Its been three days since i missed my period. do you gals think i should take a HPT yet?
Hi all,I didnt have a comment but, I have been reading alot of post. I stopped taking my bc on the 5th of Jan. I started spotting on the 7th. My husband and I are ttc. I too stopped my pills mid pack. I will keep you guys updated on our progress. Im praying for all of you. Happy Baby Making!!!!