Maternal & Child Community
Just had a miscarriage at 44. What are my chances of conceiving again ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Just had a miscarriage at 44. What are my chances of conceiving again and going full term?

I wondered if there is anybody out there who can give me some positive feedback?   I just had a miscarriage at the weekend.  I was only 6 1/2 weeks pregnant but I am totally devestated at this loss.  I am going to be 45 at the end of the month and I really want to have  a baby and was very happy and excited to be pregnant. The time was never right for me before this time and I am actually more healthy now than I have ever been both mentally and physically. The nurse at the hospital said that she has seen women my age miscarry and then go on to have a normal pregnancy.  

I know that nobody can tell me that everything is going to be ok but I just wondered if there were any women out there who are around my age who don't mind sharing their experiences with me around this subject.
I recommend you check out fertilityover40.com.  There are lots of stories of women over 45 ttc and that have had babies. I miscarried in May at 43 and am pregnant again now at 44. All we can do is wait and see. Best of luck to you!
Have you been seeing a fertility specialist or a perinatologist?  They can give you good advice.  It appears you have not been pregnant before?  I ask because the odds of getting pregnant naturally at 44 or 45 are better for people who have already had a child...if this is not the case for you, I would definitely talk to a specialist.  Peeonastick also has good testimonials about certain natural fertility approaches, you might want to read what she has to say about them.  Good luck!
Miamimom, I want to wish you the best of luck with your pregnancy and thanks for the link.  I have looked on that site and it is very uplifting.  I have started having acupunture and taking some chinese herbs to help with my fertility and egg quality and my partner and I are going to start trying for a baby again in February.  I feel more positive than I did straight after the miscarriage and feel that there is light at the end of the tunnel.  Please let me know how it all goes for you and I send lots of positive vibes your way.

Annie,  I am not seeing any fertility specialists at the moment, I do not really want to go down that road.  It its meant to be it will happen and if not then I will accept it.   I will look at Peeonastick though as that looks very interesting.

I really appreciate the feedback and thank you for the encouragement.  Good luck to both of you.