Maternal & Child Community
Just wondering

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Just wondering

Hi, I was just reading all of these stories of women who have became pregnant after having a tubal ligation, and i was just shocked. I thought that it was impossible to get pregnant after a tubal ligation. I had mine done in 2005 and I  do regret it. I am 24 yrs old with three kids already, but I would welcome another pregnancy! My husband may not be as thrilled, haha. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone knows what the chances of my tubal ligation failing and me becoming pregnant, without tubal reversal, would be. As far as i know my tubes were only cut and tied. My doc performed the tubal at the same time as my c-section. I have heard that it is not wise to have a tubal at the same time as a c-section, but i don't know if that is true or not. Any advice would be welcomed.
Tags: wondering
I had my tubes cut, tied and burned, it will be nine years ago Aug. 11th. I am in a new relationship and for the last 2 weeks, have been experiencing,swore, swollen tender breasts, nausea, dizziness, and the spotting, heart burn, lower back pain, but know that if possible I would only be about 2 weeks pregnant.  Am  I crazy, or could I be pregnant, not due for my period for about another week 1/2. Just really confused right now!
Yes. You can become pregnant. Your chances are pretty high. The longer its been since you had your tubes tied the higher your chances are.  I was told its higher when u have had a c-section.  I regret that I got mine tied. But after 4 children. I think I had my share. But my Doctor told me that he doesn't think he tied mine right. And that I have to be very carefull. Or I will and can get pregnant. He told me that 6 weeks after mine was done. I just had sex for the first time after I had my son and now I'm late. .. :(   But if you guys wanted to have some more children just give it some time. Your body has a way of going back to its old self.. But if you have anymore Questions. I can always ask my Doctor
I am 30 years old and a tubal almost 3 years ago, right after my tubal my periods became very regular, every month and at the same time. Just recently they have started to become very irregular. I had one in December and then nothing until February, I was worried and took a pregnancy test and it was of course negative. I went to my GYN and he said not to worry until at least 2 months, after the exam it brought on a period but only for a day. In April I had a light 4 day period. I have now not had a period for 49 days, then I got an extremely light one again for 3 days. Please help, am I going through early menopause?