Maternal & Child Community
LIGHT SPOTTING 8 DAYS AFTER PERIOD- AM I PREGNANT?PLEASE HELP!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I am 32 years old and have not concieved in 12 years (I have never used any sort of contraceptives)
Last year I lost alot of weight and a few months ago I had a miscarriage.
What I would like to know is that if my period lasted from 10/06/06 to 15/06/06 could I already be pregnant?
The reason I am asking is because today I had some light spotting which went away after wipping 4-5 times, also since yesterday I have had cramping and kind of a heavy/slightly tender feeling area below my navel which is very obvious.
I also had very unusually bad mood swings 3 days ago which I know were very hormonal.

should I get my hopes up?

strawberry_322
In most instances a women does not even ovulate until 12-17 days after her period is done. Now there are some instances that a woman ovulates near her period. But it does not sound as if you have even ovulated yet this month. So it is unlikely that you are pregnant so soon after your period which was just 8 days ago.
I doubt you could be pg so soon, today you'd be on cd14. How long is your cycle?
good information to know.
Sometimes a woman will spot during or around the time she is supposed to ovulate.  Some say that is a good sign.  It apparently means that you are producing extra hormones that are good for ovulation.  

Below is a quote from the following link:
http://www.beyondfertility.com/art238.htm

"Spotting that occurs in the middle of your cycle or spotting that occurs some ten to fourteen days prior to the start of the next cycle is normal too. This spotting may occur during ovulation. Seeing a spot of blood during ovulation is considered an excellent fertility sign. It is thought that mid-cycle spotting occurs for one of two reasons. First reason is possibly that when the egg bursts through the follicle, a little bleeding may occur. This blood will then make its way out and show up as
i had my period sixteen days ago. We had intercourse a week ago. After we had sex, there was blood and i have had very light spotting off  and on all week???????????Help.
i got my implant taken out a month ago now and i am not usin any contraception  i started  my  period  on the  8th feb and finished on the 14th feb  8 days after  i went to whipe and i found a  pinkish  colour  it was  gone after  2,3 whipes but i have  never  had this before  and  my  breasts  hurt just like on my period  but  all the  signs  have gone now and its  the  24th now  all im left with  is  heart  burn a  bad back and  a  headache  is this a sign of  pregnancy or is  it a  sign of me  just getting  back to normal
Hi I got my period on the 25th by the 27th it had stopped...it was lighter then usual. On the 29th I started bleeding again but light and it was only there for about 4 hours. I took a preg test on the 31st and it was neg. But on the 4th I had pinkish stuf on the toilet paper then alittle bit of brown for about 3 hours but it was only there when I wiped. So I'm thinking of doing a test tomorrow morning on the 8th. I am in my 4th month off the pill..so let's hope.
I had unprotected sex january 4th started my period january 19th 8 days later I'm spotting this only happens when I'm about to get my period but this is too soon for another period....I haven't been feeling well at all I have backaches and a lot of headaches I don't know if this is normal??? Could I be prego.? PLEASE HELPP.!
hello i am new to this website and i just want to get some answers. Ok so i am 22 years old recently married and me and my husband have been trying to have a baby for 8 months now with no luck. My menstrual cycles have always been irregular sometimes i go up to 6 months without getting a period. I spoke to my OBGYN and told her i am trying to get pregnant so she put me on medroxyprogesterone 10mg for 10 days i got my period the last day of the dose. My period lasted about 5 days after that i had sex with hubby and now 9 days later i am having this light bleeding i dnt have cramps or anything and i really want to have a baby so is it possible that this is implantation bleeding? please help me i want to be a mommy really bad thnx.
Im having similar problem my came on july 2 and ended on the the 7 a week later on the 17 i started spotting or light bleeding.. I dont if its implantation bleeding because its too soon for me to have another period my period isnt supposed to be her until the 28 of july
Hello
Was wondering if anyone could help :) I had my little boy 14 months ago. After breast feeding my periods started back about April time. They have been regular. But last month 9 days after my period started I have unusual bleeding which last 5 days :( I went to the docs and they did tests. They came back clear, including my smear too. Now month on the same thing has happened again and after checking my dairy it's the exactly date ( 9 days after my period started ) the docs have start I need to urgently called them if it happens again! I'm just so so worried x x x