Maternal & Child Community
Labor signs at 32 weeks?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Labor signs at 32 weeks?

I am just 32 weeks today (YAY!) For the last few weeks I've had lots of braxton hicks and some that have actually hurt that I couldn't walk thru so that makes me think I have had a few real contractions but I don't know.

Anyways, the last few days,I have been nauseated, I've had loose bowel movements, alot more back pain and increased pressure down there, sometimes it even hurts to walk. I've also lost a few pounds.

All these symptoms are on my sheet of paper my doctor gave me about labor, is this something I should be worrying about, or can you start having labor signs weeks before it actually happens? I have a doctors appt on Wednsday, so hopefully I will know more then, but just wanted opinions, and know if I have reason to worry?
I forgot, every once in awhile I feel like a light burning sensation in my stomach, not like heartburn. Not sure if that could be a labor sign or not....
Those all sound like signs before you go into labor. Honestly at 32wks I wouldn't "worry" about going into labor. At 32wks has a wonderful chance of being just fine. When you go to your apt on wednesday mention all this to the doctors so he can check and see if you are effacing or dialating. Just because the contractions hurt doesn't mean that they are "real" labor. Real labor won't stop or go away. I've had some myself at 32wks.
Ha ha, you're it.  No, serioiusly, I was so glad to see it didn't only happen to me.  Did you write to MedHelp about it?  It is so weird when that happens.
Dark,
I can't believe you would tell her that!  While ultimately the baby would probably do fine, preterm labor at 32 weeks is very serious, and the health problems of the average 32 weeker are serious.  

If the signs are bothering you, you should contact your doctor right away.  Premature labor can be different than regular labor.  If you ignore it, or wait to see if it will go away, then sometimes you are too far dilated for them to even try to stop the labor, or to give you steroids if needed.

If you are concerned, always ask your doctor.  Could be nothing, but also could be serious.  
I have no idea why it changed the original poster to me!  This has happened to a couple other girls, too!  
Whoa....I was wondering when peek got pregnant! Not to mention made it to 32 weeks with none of us knowing! lol
Please go and see your doc, I had my first child at 32 weeks and had similar signs to you, my water broke so they couldn't stop my labour and although okay at birth my son developed complications in the days following his birth and although he is a happy child and doing pretty well all things considered he does have some significant health issues and disabilities, namely hydrocephalus and cerebral palsy. The docs and nurses wont mind if it is a false alarm but it is better to get it checked out rather than wait it out to see what happens. Best wishes. Jo.
I did email them, but no answer.  

Jo is exactly, 100% right.  Prematurity is very serious.  It can often be prevented if you go to the doctor early enough.  Or at least, the complications lessened.  
lol ruby I thought the same thing! I was like what the?!!
Yes! I was like... "Peek is pregnant??? How did I miss this?"  It wasnt until I saw what the original poster added that I figured it out!  

aim- I would go ahead and call your docs after hours # or labor and delivery to see if they think you should be checked out.  32 weeks is pretty early and you don't want to take any chances!
I thought Peek had a miracle pregnancy and was holding out on us too!

AIM I have been having symptoms like that for WEEKS now.  I'm finally 37w 5d or something like that and still no baby.  So it could just be how your body is handling the pregnancy on a whole.  It's always good to talk to your doctor, but with any luck these are just something that will pass and associated with something other than labor.
I hope I haven't terrifed you, I had similar 'symptoms" at 33 weeks in my last pregnancy that turned out to be nothing but I went to hospital, was monitored and they did the test that can tell you if you have a chance of going into labour within the next 14 days. As everything was fine I went home after a few hours (I eventually had that baby by c section at 37 weeks). What I was trying to say is don't be afraid to go and get checked out, doctors and nurses see false alarms all the time but if it isn't a false alarm you need to be in the best place for you and your baby. I was lucky that with my first child I got there in time to get the steroids to help mature the lungs, if not his problems could have been significantly worse. Hope to see you back on the board tomorrow saying it was a false alarm!
Thanks all for your comments and support.  I went into the hospital yesturday and got monitored (NST) and everything seems to be fine, they just think my body is starting to prepare for it, but they don't see me delivering anytime soon.  They didn't do an internal since my regular OB is going to do one at my appt on Wednsday, which I am fine with, because when my mom was pregnant, and she was getting an internal, her water broke! (she had all of her kids preterm, so I am at risk for that as well) and I know my doctor will be more gentle then the ER doctors.  I will keep you all posted after my appt on Wednsday! Thank you again! I always like to hear "go ahead and go in" I went in alot in the beginning because I was so sick and scared of everything since a previous miscarriage, that I figured I should try not to worry so much, but it's hard not to, especially when I'm only 32 weeks!
Good to hear everything is okay!