Maternal & Child Community
Ladies, let's BE NICE!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Ladies, let's BE NICE!!!

I just have to say it---I really don't agree with the rudeness shown by some of you ladies on here. You have no proof that someone isn't what they say they are: you simply cannot know in an online situation. So let's give people the benefit of the doubt!

I would much rather be kind and have it turn out that they were a "troll" as you call them---then take the risk of being SO RUDE to a completely innocent person that came here looking for a friend.

We are all human beings with feelings and hearts that can be hurt. Let's remember that.
Tags: maternal, Baby
Thank you very much for saying something it means a lot.  I have only been on here a few days and I can already see that some of you ladies like to judge(harshly) the younger posters.  We need help just like each and everyone of you, we really are no different.  Thanks to all you ladies who have been very wonderful and nice to me, it really means a lot!
ok im young and ive had my problems with some of these women before. but they turned out to be the most helpful when it comes to my questions and problems. I can admit that some of them can seem like they are "attacking" people but i dont think they are out to get young posters at all. Ive seen some people who post absolutly messed up things like abortions and weed and other things that people need to get "attacked" for. this isnt the place to talk about harming babies. people will take offence to that.

keep in mind that most of us women are going thru things. hormones are everywhere. and people will snap at people for little things. ive had my problems with some people. but they have been truely the most helpful. they have experience with things like pregnancy
What post are you guys talking about?
i think they are talkin about http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/298811 mostly. i just read it. i thought it was very interesting. pass the popcorn anyone?
I totally agree Jenny!!  
can i ask a question?
can you get pregnant after your tubes are tied?
seeing as i am the main complaint here i do come off strong.  i come off harsh and i come off as a b*** at times.   have any of you been through divorce? have you had a good friend that had a child very early and then felt her life wasnt complete because she missed out on so much? or still went out and partied while the baby suffered?  well have to say i have.  its not fair to that baby, and while some 18 yr olds are mature and responsible and will make great moms, im not always sure.  when they think its about money and a house and their parents financial freedom that makes it, they are sadly wrong.  they have no idea about the colic baby that cries 4 hours straight.  or the trips to the er when the fever spikes and its 1am.  the 5 yrs later when their mindset is different and suddenly they wish they had held off and tried something else like school or travel or just plain fun first.  this is an open forum, i have the right to express myself the same as you, and while most of the time i have kindness a soft word, i also have sharp ones because i do feel so strongly about this issue.  does anyone think about the poor kids first?  i wish we did have to take a test first as someone put it, would stop the ones from having cocktails and a joint during their 9 months.
I love the women on here, BUT g-wiz, I would hate to be on their bad side..  sometimes it can get to be like "lord of the flies" around here.

I've seen some especially mean posts on the fertility/infertility forum.  If someone is not ttc but have a legitimate question about conception concerns, they get told they don't belong there and they should get the h*** out of the there.  Sometimes I literally cannot believe my eyes.  And some of these people are really scared and looking for some kind of help.  If you aren't ttc and think you may be pg, it can be VERY scary.  

It saddens me when I see these mean posts because I love these forums, and I don't think that type of behavior belongs here...
I agree with you... trust me, after having my first baby at the ripe older age of 33, I STILL was shocked at how much having a child changes your life.  The getting up every 2 hours, for months on end, the crying for no reason-- with no way to stop it, the panic of baby's first fall off the bed, the fighting with dh due to stressed out nerves/lack of sleep, the expense of necessary items you just hadn't planned on, etc.  And the realization that for the next 18 years I am no longer free to just do as I please... to go wherever, do whatever, without consequences or a care in the world-- I am a mom now, first and foremost (and a wife next, and my own person far last in priority!!).
I think we all have been a little sharp or strong at times-- whether intentional or just mistaken for that way.  I just let the things that bother me about a post/response roll off my back.  It's silly to take things too personal... afterall, it's just a forum for opinions!
well i am not one to sugar coat and tell everyone sure its ok go ahead, this is real life.  this is a public forum and if you dont want to hear what people have to say dont ask.  yes there are some that are very mean, if abortion is brought up, or breastfeeding, or smoking then the claws come out and to some that is ok, but then not ok when they find it something they agree with.   i am not claiming to be the worlds best mom, i dont think that exists, but i have experienced many things that have proven that it isnt the dreamy disney cinderella life you think comes with a baby.  when you hear "i have the money" kind of b.s you know they dont have a clue what they are in for, and in my little ol opinion not ready.   if it was only about having a house and the money then the world would be peachy and the kids of the rich and famous wouldnt be dragged through the ringer like brittney or any of the other idiot moms out there.  i am being judgmental but not to just be mean ,  i am thinking about the babies......... if that is so bad, well then i guess i am nothing but a big ol b word
I don't think anyone in this forum in out to be a witch (with a b) or out to kick anyone off the forum - but it is an open forum and I believe that we each have a right to speak our mind.  I haven't been on this forum for a long time, but it seems easy to read posts and determin which ones and genuine and which ones are fake.  And there are some people who do post on here just to cause trouble.  I also believe that if we have to have a license to drive a car, perhaps its not a bad idea to at least require some form of training to have children.  The post I think you are talking about was interesting - the young girl in question really doesn't seem to have any clue about the real world - she was worried about leaving two puppies at home but never seemed to occur to her that she would also be leaving a baby at home.  And honestly, her one concern seemed to be pointing out to everyone how at her young age, she was married to a much older man, had a home that was paid for and rich parents and that's not what life is about when you have a baby.  And to be really blunt, as someone who has struggled for 16 years to have a baby, who has walked out of Walmart in tears after watching all the mommies buying Halloween costumes for their little ones, never knowing if I would have that opportunity, crying each month I got a period, its HARD to see these young girls who think life is about money (theirs or their parents) and not try to discourage them from having a baby.  They are little more then children themselves and that post proved that point - sorry if that seems harsh.  She was much better served by being advised to take more classes, get a job, volunteer, etc then to encourage her to have a baby.  Learn to be an adult and take care of yourself, then go have children.  For each women that has posted something considered "nasty" they have also posted tons of sweet, kind, caring and sensitive posts that have helped someone feel a little less alone and we should give them credit for that!
Sorry - one more thing to say and then I'll hush up - but isn't it rather silly to tell long term posters on this board to be nice - but the girl you are speaking about in the post is cussing everyone out - using every word in the book and no one is getting on her case about the language - she can be reported to MedHelp and kicked off the boards for being verbally abusive to others
reno i think you saw my point.  life isnt a bowl of parents money or cherries.  mmm cherry slushie sounds so good!!
nah - GRAPE slushie - mmmmmmmmmmmm - or a big bowl of chocolate ice cream - or the fried cheese sticks from Arby's or Arby's curly fries - or or or or - I gotta go eat dinner - argh - I'm starving and everything sounds good!
Like my dad told me when I got pregnant, you can spend your life preparing for the right time to have a baby, and you still will never be ready. Some people need to lay off....everyone is there own person and while some might be 35 before they feel ready, some might be able to handle it at 18. This is a place for advice, not judgement and even if someone is a long term poster, they don't own this forum and its not up to them who is ready or not ready for kids! If you are in here, its becasue you care about your own concerns and the concerns of others. I am not trying to preach, but have you ever turned the tables and thought about what it would feel like to be on the recieving end of some of the posts by women on here? I would be ashamed of some of the things people say on here, when people are just here for guidence. People come here becasue they are confident that someone else has had the same experience, not becasue they want someone to be rude, hurtful, and cruel. I did not read the post everyone is refering to (going to read it in a minute) but I have seen many hurtful things on here....Kudos to Jenny100 for being the one to stand up and say its not right....because in the end, all some people are doing is causing more problems for someone. Since everyone's goal here is to have happy and healthy children, practice what you preach....many people teach their children that if they have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all...well, that statement doesnt change with age. Again, like my dad says, Opinions are like a$$holes, everyones got one, and most the time they stink.....so just remember that, when you are telling a young girl she is not ready...because chances are. you aren't either. Good luck ladies. I am 20 years old and graduating with my bach. degree in criminal justice, working at a domestic abuse shelter....YOUNG girls can make it with a baby....so even if you are older and have children, you have NO idea how strong people can be when they need to be.
the other women can be reported for being rude and jugdemental
Cheyanne, please appreciate the fact that you are coming in here with a totally different attitude that the other poster.  At twenty - you sound like a lady who has her life together and is working towards a positive futue for herself and anyone involved in her life.  Yes, young women CAN make it with a baby, or two or on their own, but you have to have your head on straight and accept that it is a life changing event and you can't take care of a child until you can take care of yourself

On a funnier note - MY dad used to say that opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one, but it's not always a good idea to share them - lol
Mamc - you are correct - anyone can be reported for any reason I'm sure - but verbal abuse is one thing they will remove you from the forum over
Since when is $3500 a month a lot of money? And when the hell kind of nursing school only goes 4 hours a day? mine was 7:30 am until 3:00pm PLUS clinicals.

Scary stuff ladies. Of course, I think it is complete bS to create a post to admonish those who called a spade a spade. Typical pattern if I recall, not the first time one of these has been created.

Glad I missed it all, I may have had a bit to say. How many mom's on here have gone through the trials and tribulations of a m/c, heartbroken and desperate for a baby, then gone on to complain about every symptom, then want the baby out ASAP, then found everything imaginable wrong with the baby because it wants to eat every 2 hours and doesn't sleep through the night from birth? And these were older, more "mature" women. Motherhood is not easy regardless of marital status, age or income, Anyone who thinks that being a mother is easy and that it follows a routine is crazy.

Of course i shudder at the thought of anyone who cannot spell "doctor" in nursing school and planning on having a child the scariest thing of all! Oh, and the word "lier." Cripes MH needs spellcheck, if for no other reason than for my sanity! I am prone to typos as nursing a big baby and typing one handed isn't easy, but HOLY COW, I know how to spell! My fingers don't always keep up with my thoughts. 75 WPM isn't fast enough!! Of course, half that when CJ is nursing ; )

Oh well, hopefully everyone has a good night. My two cents is that it was poo-poo. Almost as stinky as this thread ; )
I just want to say thank you for standing up and saying something.
To all those women put me down on my post " Please Help Me" page 4, how would it make you feel if you had 50 comments passing jugdement at you because of your age or bcz they thought you weren't ready to be a mom. It would make you feel very bad. The people who made rude comments about me how can you judge me when you don't even know me on a personal level. You have no idea if I would be the best mother or not. So, you're saying bcz ur older u like to sit up for four hours when the children are sick no I didn't think yall did. But the thing is you can do anything that you put your mind to. The thing about money people were trying to say since I was so young that I didn't have money sorry ladies I do. If I had to two or three jobs to make for my family then I would. But, I wont have that problem because I am 9 months away from getting my degree and my husband works. Why I said my parents have money is because if things did happen to get ruff then my parents would help me bcz they care about me.
I said at least 3500 monthly... That is still a lot when you don't have a house note or car note..... So, sorry and yes I only go to school for 4 hours. what is bs is yall women thinking yall are so great and yall know everything. lol I just love it. Yall are too full of yourselves
my bad omg every little thing DOCTER!!!!!!!
Thanks for the comment. I was NOT prepared for this baby, since I was on the pill and very stupidly thought I was safe. However, when I found out I was pregnant, I went straight to my advisor and he helped me change my schedule so I could take summer classes to graduate a semester early. I work to pay day care (who happens to be the same one I went to as a child, because god knows I would never leave Ashtyn with someone I did not trust with me life). Some girls dont have it together enough to have a child, but it is also a VERY NEGATIVE stereotype for those of us that are younger and who stay up all night long to rock my screaming little guy, in hopes that it makes him feel a little better. I no longer care about myself, and see the needs of Ashtyn ahead of any need I might have. He is my world, and I hope that one baby at a time, those of us that are younger can change the views of the older posters on here that jump the gun without even knowing the maturity level or history of a young mom!!! I have been through a lot (sister had cancer, another sister died in a car accident, dad is sick) so I was forced to grow up really fast, and feel like I am very responsible and take care of my son very well. Again, I really hope the rest of the young posters have it together enough to take care of a baby, becasue I will be the first to admit it is SOOO hard, but my little man is worth the blood, sweat, and tears.
Cheyenne - good for you - again - you just seem to have it together - you immediately took steps to work out your schooling and finish with that - although on the preschool - check to see if there are any local programs to assist with tuition - our state offers a program that assists parents who are low income, single moms, moms going to school, etc with tuition - its a sliding fee based on your income - might help a little - ask your preschool - they should know of any programs - congrats for restructuring your priorities and making your little guy number one - you are right - young women can make wonderful moms - and you are proof of that - pat yourself on the back and then go lay a smooch on that little man
I am running in to give him a kiss right now, God I love the little guy! He probably gets sick of me kissing him CONSTANTLY ;)
LIGHTEN UP!!  sheesh!! you know.. in this day and age.. isnt it amusing how we all get so upset over ONLINE drama... i read the posts.. and man oh lordy lordy.. yeah.. some people are rudees.. some are whiny.. some are this .. some are that.. but.. we arent that way.. all the time.. in our own personal experiences.. we have something to share. if we feel like not being all smushy and mushy.. then so be it.  i can remmeber when i posted a message about my son not sleeping.. lol. i got the riot act.. ask anyone around here who remembers that..LOL. ask ROCK how we dont really see eye to eye.. i am sure that there are others out there who have different opinions as well... the poster . well. she wasnt nice either.. i mean come on.. this is the earth we are on.. there are FAR more horrible things going on in this world.  if you put yourself out there.. then you are asking for anyone opinion.. GUESS WHAT.. i still dont sleep worth a shite... Im in school 5 days a week.. i have 7 kids.. a hubby that works nights... i am anti abortion... i think breastfeeding is best.. ( sane bit my nipple yesterday.. i am considering the bottle.. bad enough my husband does it but now my kid?) ha ha ha ha.. OMG!! I said something suggestive! OMG NO! oh wait.. i forgot. i watched my son and mother die within a 28 day period.. im so tired all the time.. my car needs a new radiator.. and just when i bought 4 new tired.. and had the stupid front end aligned.. stupid cabriolet.  i could go on and on .. oh wait.. KRAMA..LMAO hahaha  

listen people... and listen good..lmao.. cant anyone here remmeber when they werent all sugar and spice?? and just so alot of the new people know.. there have been SO MANY fakes on this forum in the past months.. so many!! while it is not impossible to start your mensus at 7.. its rare.  it strikes suspicion.. as many things do.. its not nice to get sucked into something.. to feel empathy.. and want to reach out. only to get pood on later.. you feel like a jerk. .you feel taken.. alot of people onhere are skeptical.  its on ly natural.  we are all LOVING WOMEN.. we arent perfect all the time.Normally i am a really nice person. and i    would hope that you guys dont think i am a total beeeatch...( its ok to not like me though) Muah ROse. ..LOL. .you know whats funny.. even though rose and dont see uterus to uterus.. we still AGREE TO DISAGREE>. and respect one another..
let everyone say what they want.. get some skin.. this is real life. where women go through horrific and heart wrenching things everyday.. we see our babies in hospitals.. in coffins... we ache.. we mourn.. we love.. we live.. we laugh.. ( damn i sound like a hallmark card)  WE ARE ONLY HUMAN!!!
we cant all be perfect like perty.. oh wait.. ( ok who stole my wine) ha ha! CHILL OUT! and as the wise and wonderful Mr. FOrrest Gump says.. THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THAT. and on a lighter note... I LOVE ALL OF YOU >. now sing Kum bye freaking Ya and let your voice be heard.. but try to be nice ROCK.. goodness knows how you go off on everyone ..LMAO jk

STOP THE MADNESS!!!!!!!   This POST is POINTLESS!!!!

Well said  Mozartcowgirl!!!  I agree with most of you, We are a GREAT bunch of ladies who have been taken for LOTS of rides!  sorry if you feelings were hurt, but time to GROW some thicker skin!  
jesus if you dont like what is being said go ask your friends and not a group of strangers in cyberworld.  its always amusing when a poster puts a new post up (taking away from someone in dire need of help) to tell others what to do.  you can be reported for the profanity to little miss.  how is this, i hope you get your baby, i hope you get the degree and go on to be nightingale, and i hope that you be all that you can be.  someone put on the other post love is love and age doesnt matter.  i have to say dont you watch dateline? dont you know the laws?  please dont tell me that you would tell your daughter of 16 that same bs line and let her go off to la la land dreaming of fairys and sugar plums?
um i dont think rock has been around here to say anything.  i do believe that you had your wine because your post is difficult to read lol.  have a few glasses for me. we have entered bizarro world....
I miss rockrose. lol.  its only hard to read because i am so tired..
somebody call the whaaaaaaammmbulance.
thank you pertykitty. Nobody likes to be put down not even you.
PERTYKITTY has VERY THICK SKIN!!!!!   Right perty???? LOL LOL
tough as nails.  tats and piercings couldnt bring tears to my eye lol
ok now. i hope you dont think i was putting perty down.  i dont think i could even do that..lol.
she's one tough cookie....we have a LOVE HATE Relationship!!!
MY SKIN IS THICK TOO THOUGH!  
no, why would think that?
would you think that
sigh i am trying to now add humor to the less than perfect day on medhelp.  its to be expected, this many women in such a small space.  if people in real life dont mesh well how can we all on here?  some people dont like me, and ill get over it, and some people wont like some of you.  now on a lighter note the dark chocolate m&m's kick butt!  they go well with my mixed berry flavored tums :)
I have no idea.. i have pms.  LMAO
lol
I am only 17 years old and miscarried a few months ago and I know there are some ladies out there who I'm sure think that I wouldn't have been a good mother.  I have grown up with the love of children and ever since I was 3 I wanted a huge family.  When I was 15 I help my neighbor raise her twins because her husband was never home, I would stay nights with her and pretty much was there most of the time that I wasn't in school.  I now work with children all day everyday and couldn't be more happy.  I know what it takes to have a baby and raise a happy baby, I understand the money and the time it take... it is HARD work!  So please don't always assume that young mothers are bad mothers... there are some out there that are wonderful and yes there are some out there who are horrible and don't deserve to be parents!  But please just give everyone the benifit of the doubt until they give you a reason not to.  Some of you have been amazing help and some of you do come of strong and I do understand that pregnancy hormone can kick your butt and so yes that does excuse you guy for the most part but still I think that some things are kind of harsh.  We all have our backgrounds and we all come from different places, but that doesn't mean we should judge people for it.  I get judged all the time because I am 17 and dropped out of school to get my GED because I spent my whole Jr. year in the hospital but people look at me as less because I didn't graduate.  I was an honer student and part of the IB program which is the top classes you could take and most were college level classes my sophomore year, but people still look down at me.  I think that our world would be so much better with less judgement!  Anyways 99% of you ladies are very very nice and have some really great advice, so please keep it up... there are a lot of us out there that need the advice!  Thanks ladies!
I just finished a new peanut butter twix with the chocolate cookie! Good stuff! I eat mine weird, I eat all the Pb and chocolate coating off and eat the cookie bar last.Very tasty indeed!

I suppose I will just sit back and wait for the roller coaster ride again. You'd think I would tire of this cycle after 4+ years on here, yet somehow I never do.
I was offline most of today, and come back and all this fur is flying!  I can't find the original post;  did it get deleted?  (If not, could someone post its title and/or the poster's name?  The link someone gave above doesn't work for me.)  What was the jist of it, that some person aged 16 wants to have a baby and says it's fine because they have $3500 per month?  And then everyone told her that wasn't such a great idea at 16, and then she came back and said everyone was being judgmental and horrid?  

I haven't been reading the fertility forum, but it's too bad to hear they don't seem friendly over there, or at least don't seem so to some people who write with other questions.  As we all talked about, earlier this long weekend, sometimes people post questions that don't have enough information to answer, and certain questions get asked over and over and over, such as, here are my vague symptoms, am I pregnant, I want to know!!!!!  So people on the forum get impatient.  Maybe it's just so frustrating ttc that it's the wrong group of people to ask vague questions.  Long ago I said that on this forum, a collection of frantic ttc-ers and hormonal pregnant ladies is a tough group to ask to be nice all the time.  

Thanks, MozartCowgirl, for your post.  Now will someone fill me in on what the person said about getting preggers at 16 and having enough money so it was therefore OK?  :)
All of you ladies have helped me out a great deal and it is very welcoming!  And I do have to say... as a VERY VERY VERY VERY pregnant lady, hormones are FLYING!  I feel so dang sorry for my hubby right now!  Thanks ladies!
when i was pregnant.. i didnt feel sorry for my husband..I have to deal with his he-moans all the time.. lol
Click on page 4 dated 9-2-07 title is Please Somebody Help.
andi that sounds delightful! lol  annie she is 18 now, i was referring to something on her other post.  it is titled somebody help me and her name is mamc0227.  im just being the bia bia i usually am ;)
on a happy note the premier of greys anatomy starts in a few weeks!!! yeeeaaaaaah~~
Thanks, ladies.
I was pregnant at 14 and at 17, I ended up losing both of those pregnancies. I have been on my own since I was 14, was very mature for my age, started college before I would have graduated HS, BUT I would not have been the mother i am now had I had children that young. there is a lot of growing up to be done between your teens and your twenties. I gave birth to my oldest son when I was 23 and even then after 2 college degrees was "green" I had been supporting myself for nearly 10 years by that point and been married for 18 mos and still had a lot of growing up to do. Fast forward 4 more pregnancies, 2 of those miscarriages, the death of my real mother, the estrangment of my father,, and another college degree and I am still growing. I have three young boys, education in  nursing and early childhood education and development and I still learn something new everyday.

$3500 a month isn't much when you start to factor in the costs of raising a child. After you take out our housing costs, vehicle and insurance, we still have more than that and still find ourselves wondering how we will make it after we set aside for college every check for three kids, retirement, co-pays and health insurance, life insurance for dh and I,  food for 4 people (my youngest is nursing so that one hasn't hit us yet,lol) diapers, clothes, stuff for the house, gas, vet costs, animal feed, oil changes, tires, etc. Now we are dealing with my oldest starting school, that was several hundred dollars for clothing and supplies for a kid who is growing like a weed and by Winter will need a whole new wardrobe. It just keeps going. And i am a bargain shopper and it still goes fast.

And my in-laws are pretty well off and my dad pulls in 6 figures a year, that doesn't mean squat. It isn't my money, it is theirs. I haven't received a thing for my kids from my dad, let alone for me since I was 14.  Again, money is only a fraction of what it takes to raise babies into productive members of society. My day and night centers on my kids. If that means I am up every 2 hours, than I am up every 2 hours. I don't whine about it, I do it. I knew I wanted kids from a young age too. I was left to take care of my younger brother when I was 5. but let me tell you, caring for someone elses kids is heads and tails different than having your own. One of the jobs I had at 14 was caring for infant twins, while I was there caring for them more than either of their parents, it was still much easier than caring for your own. I cannot explain it, other than it is far different when that baby is yours.

Anyway, the argmuents aside. No one has ever changed their mind based on the Internet chatter, at least I hope no one really has. You get the good and the bad. Funny how it is only called a "judgement" if someone disagrees ; )

Too each their own, hopefully your decision leaves you  without regret.
Hey there. Geez, we gotta get your B detector fixed. Now that you are a member of the club, you should be seeing a bright beacon overhead when the crazies come out to play ; ) I'll check with tech support (AKA Peek) to see what happened there.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/298811

There you go.

Man, I think I am hopped up on sugar now. I started typing and looked up and suddenly had a novel before me. Speaking of changing the subject, has anyone seen Apocolypto (sp) Awesome movie, we are watching it again as the kids are in bed. Well, CJ doesn't seem to mind,a  warm breast seems to distract him from the violence on the screen. Well, back to my night. Oh and I made some really awesome burgers tonight. I will have to create a recipe for it on recipezaar or allrecipes.

****taps fingers excitedly, waiting for the sugar crash*****
Gosh, another please stop being b#####s post! They really do go on don't they. I've missed loads tonight. I've had a right grumpy baby to deal with; teething, runny bottom, diaper rash....have only just got the little guy down.

Now on to another (and less controversial) subject, eating a twix..........I do it the other way; I eat the cookie bar first and leave all the gooey chocolatey caramel until the end, messy but that's how I like it....MMMMmmm wonder if there is any chocolate in my fridge...
I'm so hungry for sugar -- am taking a lot of fenugreek and Mother's Milk Plus to keep up my milk supply, and I swear it makes my blood sugar drop.  But since having the baby (the week after which I was amazed to find I was only a little bit over my pre-pregnancy weight), I have piled on ten more pounds with the breastfeeding.  Don't know if it is the herbs, but I feel starving a lot more often.  So I have a nice little gut.  :(   Dh bought me an exercise ball -- what a subtle guy, he has never said anything about my less-than-lissome figure but he does seem to want to help.  

Augie brought home a cold from Babies R Us.  I forgot to wipe down the little seatie on the cart, and he chewed on all available surfaces, and so he incubated a nice little cold.  After a few days of blowing snot all over the house (including my nipples, how fun is that?) he got better, but the next day I had the cold.   And it will probably last longer for me than it did for him.  (The first, but obviously not the last, time he'll bring something home that makes me sick.)  So all I want to do is make a big batch of brownies.  And I can't!  I'm going the wrong way on the scale!  MWAAAAAAAH
lol annie you have painted such a sexy picture with snot covered nipples.  oh i have found my face and everything else covered in who knows what over the years.  dont worry annie the belly can be worked on, you have important things going on right now :)  
andi i joined online blockbuster, its only $20 and its unlimited movies.  plus for me its great i just click and here they are then we turn them back in to the store for more.  i have movies coming to me that are new that havent been released yet and their selection is huge.  my son loves the old godzilla movies, he will watch them in japanese with subtitles even so we have more to choose from. i think to rent in the store is like $4 a pop.  i rent some for myself, then never watch them sigh.  man with this pregnancy i want nothing but sugar!! i try fruit and sorbets but then i lose it and well, some days i would love to live at the willy wonka factory.
I just made BUTTERSCOTCH PUDDING!!!! Dh and I sat and ate it all.  STOP ME BEFORE I PUDD AGAIN!!!!!  :)
I was the poster and it is on page 4 it is called please help me and it has almost 80 comments on it
oh yeah I am 18 now I was 16 when I got married
Snot covered nipples, oh the joys of motherhood! I don't think you have truely experienced the true joys of motherhood until your baby pukes in your mouth as you lift him over your head and he squeals with excitement, trust me that is disgusting!

Oh there was chocolate in my fridge, lovely, smooth, rich, dark chocolate, I've just had it with a lovely milky cup of decaff coffee,...........mmmmmm.
LOL - hey Annie - got a suggestion for you and I can get you more info if you need it - I have a teacher at the school who has a couple of great recipes - one - take any regular cake mix - I like chocolate and instead of eggs, water and oil, you ONLY add 12 ozs of diet pop - I use diet 7-up - bake at regular time and temps - yummy and moist and low in fat - she also takes a brownie mix and blends a can of black beans and adds that to the brownie mix instead of water, oil, eggs - etc - high in fiber , low in fat and actually really good - can't even taste the beans and they honestly taste just like regular brownies - finally all I have to say is you passed a watermelon out your hoo ha - if you want brownies or pudding - eat them!  And remind your hubby that you are going through all of this to bless him with a wonderful child who covers your boobs in snot - lol
HAHHAHA!! that is so nasty i dont think i have had that happen,,,yet!    
i think chocolate could be the best thing on earth at this point.  just had an email from dh so now i can go to bed. night ladies
Those recipes amaze me because you wouldn't think they would actually bake up without the egg and whatever.  I'll give them a try.  Dh is looking at me like he's wondering if I'll ever get off the computer, so ladies all, good night!
I just wanted to say that not all young mothers should be stereotypicalised. I was 17 when i had my son. Sure, i was very young and it was bad timing on my behalf. I was in an abusive relationship until he was 1yr old and i had no-one. I turned it around though and my son is now 11. I was single and did it alone right up until 3 1/2yrs ago when i met my husband (one in a million man) who treats him as his own.
I must have done something right as my son is one of the most caring thoughtful kids anyone will ever meet.
He wont even pour himself a drink without offering everyone else in the house first.
He was top of his class in Junior school and has just started secondary school today!
I started my own bussiness from home, I bought us a house, we have travelled to many countries just the two of us and i took him to disneyland florida every year.
Sure it was hard. Very hard, but i did it and it can be done.
As a young single parent, i knew my son needed all of my attention and love and it is only now that i know iam ready to give the same to another child.
Its not about having lots of money, its about the time and love and care you invest in that child.
You dont have to be the 'right' age to love and take care of a child and im living proof of that.
Not all young people should be tarnished with the same brush.
Im sure mamc0227 will make a great mother. She's starting off on the right foot which is more than i did so good luck to her.
Andi, Annie, Perty...what ever happened to Sailorswife and Who-dis, they would have loved this one. Been away a while.

Mozartcowgirl - d a m n... 7 kids!!! And you seem sane...you go girl!
I started it all!  (Formerly who_dis)

I've been working the past couple of nights.  
LOL....... your reputation travels with you then....... LOL!
Should have guessed...what happened to sailorswife? Can't believe you're still around stirring Sh1t as usual LOL LOL LOL LOL.
What do you think of Renogirls OPINION over on the pregnancy for 35+ forum?
Its headed PERTYKITTY.
Nice, very nice.
Jay11..are you trying to tell me something about sailors and their headstrong wives? Or have I completely missed the point?
I just cant believe the persecution mamc0227 has received from some very spiteful members.
It started with mamc0227's post yesterday and i have just seen another evil comment about her on the pregnancy for 35+ forum.
Words just cant describe the nastyness of some people!
Jay..I come from a long time ago here, and have been gone a while. There is no excuse for meanness, however, some of these ladies have been there for many a women who have needed help, sometimes they have been the only source of help. I know that they have been supportive to many a fraudulent post. I am sure that had mamc kept her cool and explained things rationally instead of cursing they would have apologised and been supportive.  Instead she kept coming back for more and fueled the fires. Again, we should never be mean, but ... swearing won't get you help.  I am not apologising for them, but know that they are generally good people who have strong opinions.
Granted, but why does it have to be a case of dont add fuel to the fire? They are quick to judge and i can see why mamc got so angry.
Yes, they are quick to judge, but it comes from experience on this board, it does not mean they are always right.  And trust me, I have seen it, if they are wrong they WILL apologise. But who wants to apologise to someone who swears at them.  I too am headstrong, and even if I know I am wrong, you swear at me and it puts my back up, then you can forget it.  Again, this points to exactly what they were talking about, the lack of maturity. We don't need to say she can't have a baby, she is doing it herself by acting the way she did. I wish her well but hope she gives herself a little more time to grow up.
I personally think the immaturity comes from those who respond to posts that they think are fraudulent just to get a response! Yes she is young and being older they should know better than to slate youngsters and fire up petty arguments with their derogatory comments. How did they expect an 18yr old to react?
As for having been on here a long time, that may be so and im sure they have been helpful at times but as another member pointed out, that is no excuse for the way they go about things and nor do they own this forum. And as stated by one of them, they have had to change their name before due to warnings from medhelp.
I get your point, and have one final thing to say.  "How did they expect an 18 yr old"...who wants to have a baby... "to react". Good luck in your TTC, I am in the same boat.
jay get a life.  you have more to do than go around the posts stirring your cauldron right?  what are you trying to accomplish here?  i never said i had to change my name from warnings, take the time to read.  i said i used to be a particular person on here(sailors) but now its changed, not because i ran and hid. medhelp did it for me :)   you arent going to make any friends here with this kind of attitude.  maybe you should just go concentrate on your own baby making and back off.
I think the emotional skills of an 18yr old are very different from that of a 30+ yr old. Knowing how to deal with your emotions can take years, heck, half these ladies seem to explode on a regular basis, the only difference is they have learned to vent without swearing!  other than that i wouldnt say theres a far divide between them! lol.
I dont think that would affect her ability to take care of a baby though.
No chance, you might bully everyone else but you wont bully me! LOL.
I dont know who you think you are, Just some old has been with a chip on her shoulder.
Friends ive got thanks, you?
Oh and dont think im done yet!
wow its true... i miss everything.  i hope no one is hurt (feelings)
im not bullying you dear, that isnt my intentions. you are the same as a previous poster who had a child very early, you didnt read.  i never ever ever said a young girl couldnt, i said the odds were not good that it would work out.   you have proven that, you are not with the father of your child.  reason for my saying this isnt to be hurtful and spiteful, its to prove that its the kids that grow up wondering who is my dad, where is my did, why doesnt my dad love me.  maybe its different in the uk than here in the us, but young girls having kids are a dime a dozen.  some make it, most go on to have more kids from different fathers.  i would think as a mom who had kids at such an early age and struggled to get where you are, you would suggest giving it just a few years, it will still be wonderful but maybe just a little easier.  maybe you just havent gotten over the fact you had to do it alone.
I have a thought...perhaps we should just try to stick to the medical aspect of having a baby and NOT the judgments on who is old enough, who is ready, who is stable enough, who makes enough money, etc., etc., etc.  She wasn't talking about smoking crack when pregnant or leaving baby unattended or any other truly risky behavior.

I am well-educated, a professional, involved in my kids' lives, the schools, volunteer, etc., and I NEVER feel I can presume to know someone else or their situation.  We all have trials in our lives, things we wish we could change, etc.  Why are we criticizing other people's lives?  She's not even mentioning hurting anyone or doing anything dangerous...just that she's younger.  I haven't walked in her shoes...no one has.

The poster (mamc) that started all this didn't seem to be looking for approval for her choices, but rather help in what her next step should be in trying to have a baby.  She included some background so that we could "know" her better -- but I don't think she was asking for our opinion on this aspect.

Yeah, people get divorced, have hard times financially and a whole bunch of other things -- they're not all young.  And she has given no indication that this is even in the cards for her. I know plenty of older people who struggle financially, get divorced and all the other difficulties that are made more difficult by having children.

Why not all take a step back and keep it to the medical aspect of having a baby and skip the judgments?

Just my two cents...hope everyone has a better day today!
As much as i agree that a portion of young mothers are playing into the sterotype, I had my first child with my now dh when i was 19. It was an "accident" but the moment i saw the test turn positive, I knew that I had someone more important than me to take care of. It truly has been a life-changing expierence, and i think that it has not only matured me, it has made me a better person. Its sad that in this country that all it takes is a few young moms who dont truly behave as moms to mess it up for the rest of us. It was a struggle to have a child at that young of an age, it was so difficult sometimes that i just wanted to give up. We accepted no help, and i think that was the smart thing to do. We couldn't rely on my parents, even though they offered.We had to grow up with our son,and it was the most humbling time in my life!!! Motherhood is a wonderful thing, and hopefully everyone who becomes a mom can truly cherish what it means to be a mom. We all , though, should not throughly pass judgement on someone before they even have their baby. Once they have a baby, they might very well change their perspective on life. I just hope we can all get along and help eachother out!  :)
Isn't the title of this thread so ironic?
oy vay!
I've got to say that between my DH and me we bring home more or less $3500 a month. We don't have health insurance, life insurance, retirement fund, or college funds set up for the kids. I use cloth diapers instead of sposies that save $100 a month. We have student loans coming out of our butts. Accumulated some credit card debt from me taking off work to have babies. I was 23 when I had my 1st dc right out of college which was not planned, had my 2nd DC exactly 2 years later, and recently had my last dc only 20 months after the 2nd DC. I still feel like I'm too young to be having all these babies, but I did plan the 2nd and 3rd DC's.

You know why we don't have the things I listed above? Because we can't afford them! After spending $600 a month for food, spending over $140 a month for formula (also BF'ing, but a very low supply), maintainence on both cars, car payments, rent (don't own our house), clothing for all 3 kids, preschool for my 4 yo, etc, we're putting all of our extra money towards paying off our debt and towards saving up for a house.

I"m 28 yo now, and I"m right there with Andji on this one. I'm still growing up and learning, even after college and having 3 little ones. I moved out of my parents home at 18 while still a senior in highschool, But nothing prepares you for the ups and downs of motherhood. I too had m/c'es. One at 17 yo. If I would've had that baby, I wouldn't have gotten to accomplish everything I did so far, and my kids today wouldn't be here. They'd be totally different kids due to different circumstances.

Ok, I"m going to go back to eating my popcorn and enjoying the show.
OH MY- it's times like this that make me wish I had never said on here I was going to not let other people annoy me and respond.    I've done a pretty good job at keeping quiet except for an occassional slip-up.   I think all of you should pat me on the back!    haha  j/k  
The only thing I'm going to say is you can't come on a public forum seeking advice and not expect criticism.    
I think this is really wrong that people are sitting around bashing some young mothers. People come on this forum for advice not to be criticized. I had my first daughter at the age of 16, I then graduated high school early and worked as a NA, got married at 18 had my son at 19, graduated as a MA. We had our second son at 21. I'm now currently 23 and pregnant with our second daughter and almost done with my bachelors degree. I think that although stereotypically we picture young women living off of welfare its not just young women doing so. My husband and I had it rough to begin with constantly on opposite schedules he would get home each night I would go to school Mon-Fri 6-11:30pm. Currently I'm taking 22 credits; we have a rental property and own a new house. All of our children have their own bedroom. I'm just telling you this to make sure we quit passing judgment on those when we don't know the whole story. Not everyone tells their whole life story and we are here for support not for criticism. The one thing that stands for all of us age not a factor is we all need to LOVE our children unconditionally, and make sure they have everything they need.
Oh no, its the same here as it is there. But iam proof of success as a young single mother. It was my choice to be alone and not with his father like it was also my choice to be alone whilst he was growing up. Even at such a young age i knew it was best to be alone rather than to be dating and have different men in and out our lives.
On the other hand, its not just young mothers that split up with their babies fathers and regardless of your age, you are nieve if you think this is the case. People can and do split up at ALL ages, leaving mothers single.
I read the post you guys are talking about, Mabye getting married young is a social norm in AR?
Is It?
Remember yrs ago our grandmothers married young
The rise in marrying later in life and having kids later in life is really a social change due to careers.womans lib. type stuff...dont you think?

Again, my complaint is not just with the numbers of her age, it is with her obvious immaturity on the whole matter. When questioned, she throws her income into it, that has very little to do with the ability to be a good mother. What happens when her baby won't sleep? Will she then start screaming obscenities at it until it stops? There is a HUGE difference in maturity in a teen and an older person. I am not that old, but I know how much I have grown up in the last 10 years.

And i agree, we can get qitchy, but you know what? We all have the same interest at heart, the life of an unborn child. There is enough suffering in this world, perhaps we cannot change a persons mind, but maybe we can give them pause to consider a few alternatives.

On a side note: Hey Jules. What's shakin, bacon?
does anyone even read??? i never said NO YOUNG MOTHERS COULDnt DO IT.    i was trying to get her to wait, how is that the devil?  my goodness, call it my mothering gene but i would never encourage an 18 yr old who cant even spell to have a child at this point in her life.  some of you really need to pull your heads out of your you know whats and read what is right in front of you rather than between the lines.    im very happy for you jay that things went well for you and your baby.  im glad you met a man that will care for that child like his own, all kids deserve that.  i am not understanding knowing your challenges and your hardships you have overcome why you would not want a person to have an easier life.   sure there are a million 18 yr old moms out there that kick butt.  but there are more that dont.   grandmothers married young but times were different.  i really hope this young girl and her husband stay together forever, she goes on to raise happy and healthy kids and can someday advice young girls what she feels is the best way,  but i will be dam.ned to hold my tongue.  does anyone look past tomarrow??  this is rediculous how the posts are being used to make people look to see what so in so said here or to make people not like a poster because of what she said  (jay you are not the first and wont be the last to do this to me) when in fact its more idiotic than anything.  even should all of medhelp decide they dont like me, i will continue to speak my mind,  just as you all will too.   i cant believe i keep coming back and even replying to this train wreck, i guess its pg hormones but i will tell you this,  i wont back down.  
andi is right, it was more due to her attitude and her yelling and cussing, is that how she will respond to a newborn that wont stop crying??  my god i wish some people would just shut their traps as they dont see outside their little odd shaped box
When I was 21 I wanted a baby more than anything.   God knew what he was doing when he finally blessed us with a child when I was 28 not before.   I never would have had the patients to deal with it at 21.  
I'm sure in AR $3500 is alot of money per month.  It is here in Iowa.  
But you guys are right it's not her income or age that makes a difference.  It's her maturity level.
And as we can all see it's not very high.
I guess we need to be harsher, then.  She is just not getting the point, which is exactly what you said--while there are good teen mothers, why anyone would deliberately chose to complicate their lives in this way is beyond me.  

Why make your life harder than it has to be?  And while Jay is the epitome of the perfect mother, the sad truth is that for every sucess story, there are 10 that don't turn out well.

We are just trying to impart a little wisdom that comes with age and perspective.  Guess it went over the heads of some.  
I do agree... there was some definite immaturity in some of her comments
I guess there are some pros and cons to being a young mother...pro more energy
con..yes..immaturity

I guess my ? or comment would be to this young mother..why the urgency for a baby at this young age...your young enough you have plenty of time..let nature take its course...if you dont have any luck in a couple yrs then mabye look into some intervention
Mabye enjoy your marriage for a while and enjoy life...once that baby gets here EVERYTHING changes.
peek there are some that walk around with blinders on.  id like to take them off and let them get the point.  view the world as it is. you know everyone my dh spent his time off in india helping to rebuild some of the orphanages, to kids with HIV.  yes that is different than what we are talking about except life doesnt go as planned does it?  i havent lived the perfect life with choices that were not perfect.  i wont regret anything, just learn and help others.  my halo is rusted and my soapbox is dinged up, but i can still muster up the strength to share what my almost 36 yr old butt has learned over the years.  see the thing is from 18 till now, well its more than a 180 degree turn.  it is for all of us.  now where can i find a place to deliver large quantities of ice cream..........
Peek,
I have agreed with you on a lot of things but I disagree with you on this one.  I have known many grown women (supposedly mature) that went on having children they could NEVER afford or never wanted.  These children grew up in harsh envirnoments.  I went to church with a lady that had 3 kids.  That's all she wanted in life was to be a mom. She married at 18, had kids right away and she is now happily married.  We are quick to judge because this is a lifestyle someone choses???  I chose NOT to be a stay at home mom but still continue to have children. Some people think that is horrible.  Why should she choose to complicate her life "this way"?  Who says she has a complicated life?  Who DOESNT have a complicated life.  If I waited til I thought I had the WISDOM to have children, I probably would have never had any at all.  Wisdom does come with age, but it also comes with the EXPERIENCE.  I really hate that people are so judgemental and narrow minded on here.  I dont think this is an issue people will ever agree on.  As far as her cussing, I cant say I blame her. I dont thinK I would have handled it that way, but she was being attacked, called a liar, etc..........
I spent too much time reading this post as while doing so, my 4 and 2 yo found some pink chalk and decorated their room (no wonder why so quiet), got into the laundry basket and I now have socks and undies hanging off the stairway railing, and my 4 month pooped a load so big it came out of his diaper and along his back. While changing his diaper, he pooped more, projectiled onto my shirt, then peed on me. Now I have to go to work. All this while keeping my calm. 4 more hours till I get my break and go to work. Joys of parenting.
2songbirds that is classic lol.  at least it was chalk and not permenant marker!
I've been here for what... *uses fingers to count around Lilith*  about 9 months now.  Ever since I found out I was pregnant (7th pregnancy, 3rd baby, 4 of those m/c) and had an ovarian tumor... IF it hadn't been for some of you ladies, I don't know if I could've kept sane all those months before, during, and after my surgery.  Or through my job giving me hell, or the later complications of my pregnancy.  So, you know what while there are some who are opinionated or judgemental, it is usually because something wasn't presented correctly to them, they are going off their own experience, or in general they have more life experience than someone else.  Either way, love you guys, don't change a thing.... and yes I'm very against younger mothers... because I was one, and no one has a clue as a teenager how much work and money goes into taking care of a child, most "adults" don't either...
Funny how you judge an 18 year old for misspelling a word, and yet there are many words in your post that you did not spell correctly. (tomarrow? rediculous?) A forum isn't a spelling bee. Since when do we have to spellcheck on here or on any forum for that matter? Maybe you should think twice before judging others. Advice is one thing, but judging is totally different. No one should tell someone he or she shouldn't have a child. That is wrong and not right. The original poster didn't ask for anyone's opinion on whether she should conceive or not. She simply had some questions about pregnancy related to implantation bleeding. And you are rather contridictory. I told Mac that God would bring her a child when He is ready. And you replied with "Let's not start the God issue again, this is a site from around the world and let's not upset anyone's beliefs with your rants". You are one to talk considering you do a whole lot of "ranting" and "upsetting" plenty of people with your "beliefs". I am not on this site to judge, I am here to get/give advice and make some friends along the way. However, if someone is being attacked for no reason, someone should step in. Maybe you could lighten up a little and life would be much happier for everyone. May God bless you always.
agree with everyone who can't believe they continue to post on this thread -- but...

Number one -- I am getting great amusement out of everyone critiquing her spelling and grammar and then misspelling words or using poor grammar in their own post.  I just assumed it was the speed of typing and didn't label you as morons or uneducated idiots...

And, quite honestly, I would be exasperated if all people did was tell me I wasn't in a position to have a baby -- she is in a stable relationship, has a residence, mode of transportation and regular income.  And a great desire to extend her family. She is getting a degree (sorry if you don't think this is real -- I have no idea of the different programs available...) and has the time, energy and resources to bring a baby into this world.  BUT she didn't ask for anyone's opinion on whether she should -- who are any of us to say anyway?  Would you open up your life, and all its gory details, and let strangers decide if you should be allowed to have children?  I doubt it -- none of us is perfect.

She was only looking for her next avenue in pursuing having a child.

Lastly, as for those not looking out of our strange little boxes -- this also made me laugh.  Isn't that what everyone who assumes an 18 yo is incapable of raising a child is doing?

She didn't ask for our opinions...I think we should all lighten up. BTW, I am NOT a young mother -- and I am now late 30s and pregnant with my 3rd...it hasn't always been easy either.  And, I know plenty who are my age and I wouldn't let them have kids if it were my choice -- guess what?  It isn't.  And neither is it any of yours.
perty might judge sometimes. WE ALL DO but she has been nothing...along with peek, and lots of others that you think are "bullying" all us young folk........ nothing but helpful to me. and im only 17...and i dont think they are "attacking" young posters at all. i think its just what some posters post. its offensive to some women. plus there have been a lot of really weird fake post
yep i am typing very poorly and i cant seem to spell lately either, typing fast and pregnancy has made me a drooling sick moron.   you dont have to like me or what i say, i am not bothered by it at all.  you are giving me your opinion same as me giving mine, so until you dont do that you cannot tell me to stop my posting.  i did say lets not bring up god, it always turns into a fight as well and well one fire around here is enough.  my goodness i have never seen such hardheaded people with opinions about others giving opinions.  not one poster here has NOT had one.   think about that.
Okay I have to laugh at the whole spelling thing.
I really think alot of times there a mispellings is because we type so fast and then dont go back and recheck..I know that is my problem.
I think we are all guilty of that.
oh yeah, a couple months ago they came across permanent black marker. I think my 4 yo was snooping. Needless to say, after many drinks by mommy and daddy and cussing under our breath it did come out...thanks to magic eraser and clorox cleanup. This is on my white plaster walls too.

the washable markers aren't too bad, but still need to do a couple shots of vodka for :-)
haha!  my son was very good about not marking on things, lets see if this one wants to be an artist.  
I just noticed we both spelled 'permenant' differently in our posts. I don't know.... Wait, let me go get my dictionary and see who's right. BTW, how do you correctly spell "pregante"? I need to know so I can ask that million dollar question and have you ladies over the internet answer it for me.......I haven't had AF for 3 months, I got a zit the other day, my gums were bleeding this a.m., and I feel something moving in my lower belly. Oh wait, I got my tubes tied, that's right. And I must have gas, lol along with some pms.
lol  a 4 yr, 2yr and 7 month old and you work outside the home. you rock!  girl i cant spell anything these days.  i was checking prices on daycare to work a few days a week and holy moly it has gone up since my 9 yr old was a baby. normally i like to use the word recockulous but i figured it wouldnt go over well here lol. gotta love adam carolla or however his name is spelled!
Well, my 1st DC just turned 4 yo 2 weeks ago, my 2nd DC just turned 2 yo last week, and my 3rd DC will be 4 months next week. I consider work my break away from the home. Plus, it keeps us ahead on bills. I couldn't be a stay at home mom. I don't think I'd have the patience. I "tried" it for 6 weeks with the 3rd one and failed.  Daycare is unbelievably expensive. We did it for our 1st DC for 3 days a week. For the amount I spent I could've had a brand new car payment. Plus, she was ALWAYS sick. Many sleepless screaming nights. My dh works 6 days and I work 4 nights as a server. I do have a BA in economics, but I put off my career till the kids are older.

I'm looking forward to going to work tonight.  I *love* my 20 minute drive to work with no screaming fighting kids, and I get to sing really loudly off key to my music. Plus I won't get pooped on there, literally.

When are you due, btw?
Chalk? Markers? HAHAHAHAHA, you don't know living until your child does this to you:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/AndiJ1978/The%20Boys/T002.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/AndiJ1978/The%20Boys/T003.jpg

Mr Clean magic Eraser ran and hid from this! Breastfeeding so I couldn't drink to help matters and I had to do all the cleanup by myself with all three kids under foot! This was a day that makes ANY mother question their decision ; ) Just kidding, I obviously wasn't that frazzled, I did grab the camera afterall!

I am done with this. Almost every comments has been rude and hurt my feelings pretty bad but like my husband said " All I got to do is not read it and let them run their mouths about you, who cares?Cause I know I don't."
Thank you to those people with nice comments and sorry that I couldn't have stayed on here and had a good time like all the rude people picking on me.
Thanks  rude people yall helped me see how some people really are.
mamc you do what you feel is right for you.  regardless of what we have said.  honestly maybe you are the only one here who has held their head up and not paticipated in the back and forth bs that has gone on nonstop.  i have posted too on here and had people tell me a thing or two, they dont know me and only the few sentances i have typed.  only consider this, just make sure you arent trying to fill a lonely void by having a baby.  im not ;saying you are, im just saying weigh all the pros and cons to having one now or waiting a few months till school is over.  good luck to you.
(sigh) another dramatic "I'm leaving" speech. Change your username and come on back. They always do.
it wasn't just a few post it is almost 200 people have posted about it... That was too many. But, thank you for the advise, but I think it is too late to reconsider. I took another blood test this morning and my HCG was at 68 and I got another app. next Wednesday. I finally stop bleeding on Sunday night and now my dream came true.
No I don't think that I will.Why would I want to everybody try telling me that I probably wasn't pg and guess what it turns out that I am. So, no I don't need the stress LOLLOLLOLLOL
Holy S@*%!! It that what I think it is??!! I only have 1 experience with the poop so far. When my 1st DC was prolly 9 months old or so and she went to eat her poop. I guess she got curious at what was coming out the other end! And, we do have a picture to remember that day.
When I saw those photos, I just kept thinking, "Oh please let that be chocolate pudding!!" AHAHAHA

I think that would've been one of those times that I called for my dh and asked him to check on my son... then ran and hid myself under the bed!!

Thanks for the laugh... it was the highlite of this whole silly thread/post!!

(And I'll be sure to thank my stars if my son colors on the walls with chalk and markers-- and NOT the stuff your walls were decorated with!!)
It ain't chocolate!!! He was supposed to be napping, apparently he wanted to partake in some "art" before he drifted off to sleep. I ended up having to re-paint part of his room because of all the scrubbing. We had DutchBoy Kids Room Paint and it was no match for that! We have a newer house and the walls are heavily textured, making cleanup a nightmare!

Ahhh, the joys of kiddos. I wouldn't trade it for the world. But I know I have much more developed coping skills and greater patience at 29, well 28 when that happened.

Good luck to you on your pregnancy. Again, hopefully you have no regrets a year, 5 years, or 10 years.
Wow gone a day and lookie what I missed.

All I have to say is that your posting to the world. No matter what, you will ALWAYS find someone that doesnt agree with you. IN MY OPINION, just because you have money doesnt mean your fit to raise a child. Just because you dont have money doesnt mean your not fit to raise a child. My DH has a very posh job, but the money doesnt mean diddly squat. It takes time, patience, lots of patience, and a good strong support system. And the last time I checked you cant buy patience.

Anyways its Wednesday. My BBs hurt like heck, I have heartburn, my bra doesnt fit like its supposed too anymore, and I am banned from buying HPTs because ive already spent too much money on them, and AF is still 3-4 days out. My almost 4 year old DD wants everything she sees on tv, my almost 2 year old DD has to scream at everyone who talks to her, and my almost 8 year old DS thinks its un-cool to hug me goodbye when he goes to school.
Hope everyone else has a lovely day including the girls that I dont agree with.
i am laughing over being banned i understand. i was lucky this time dh had left so i could buy as many as i wanted, and wouldnt you know i held out and only bought like 3! lol.  good luck hopefully the big sore boobs mean bfp.  
Sorry for the rudeness.
Good luck to you. I hope it works out for you and your family.
You still should post if you have questions..your can get some good advice... even if  your original post was attacked.
Thats also part of being an adult...getting over disagreements ..not holding a grudge...and yes sometimes we cant take criticism...but that something we all can work on
lol
John was at work, trust me I was wishing he was home! Of course knowing him, he would have seen it and walked out without saying a word. Or rather than cleaning the poop, he would have simply cut out those areas and re-drywalled them ; )

I literally went through half a bottle of baby wash getting that off of him, it was nasty! I had just got done telling peek how being an NAC and nurse before having kids helped me cope with poop better than most and then BAM, poop-city! Teaches me to open my big mouth!

Thankfully he has never done it again. He hates showers (prefering baths) and the only way to get him clean was to hose him down with the showerhead. Better than any form of discipline I could have come up with. Somehow a timeout doesn't seem like it would have made sense!

Glad it brought some laughs. I enough of a sense of humor I can look back at it and giggle. My motto in life has always been "Laugh or Cry" not many tears shed here unless they are from laughter!
I'm sorry......I know all young mothers are not alike but some of you know my situation and I get really upset when I hear about 17 and 18 year olds trying to have babies.  I married my husband last year who came with a 4 year old at the time.  He has full custody because the mother was 17 when she had him and wanted nothing to do with the responsibility.  Okay, fine, they weren't trying, it happens.  Instead of getting her life together she went on to have 2 more kids and is about to have the fourth in October.  I am raising HER son with my money and no help from her.  She is living off of welfare and help from her local church to pay her bills.  She calls everyone for money including my mother in law.  Not to mention everytime she does talk to her son, which calls me mommy, she bad mouths me and he hates me for weeks.  This is the only reason why I say if you are young, wait to have kids.  Cheyanne is right, some are very mature and can make it.  She is a great example.  But it kills me when there are people out there that want to have babies because they are cute and cuddley and us 30 year old woman who are very ready keep loosing them.  I just had my first son after 2 m/c and a complicated pregnancy to find out during my csection that I am missing a left ovary and tube.  I don't know if I'll be able to have anymore kids.  
I'm done complaining now.......
You guys are a riot! One of the many reasons I've became addicted to this forum, plus the adult conversation is nice once in a while!
Little does he know I just found a 20 in my wallet. But am going to buy the dollar store brand. He cant be that mad over a HPT thats a dollar!!!
Yeah hopefully thats a sign of the BFP to come :) My BBs never get sore around AF, much less get bigger. DH cant keep his hands off, and I cant keep from yelling at him that they are out of commission cause you just look at them and they hurt!!!!!
Sure sounds like a positive test coming your way huh? Best wishes!
i used the dollar tree thing on dh too.  my dh will come home and be as happy as can be when he sees them, they were huge to begin with!! they still hurt though so soft or to touchy!!
amberd5191- I really hope so. The other day, my dads best friends wife looked at me and out of the blue said "Christye your pregnant. I can feel it in my bones" She knew each time her daughters were pregnant, and she didnt know that DH and I were TTC.  Plus the BBs are a sign. But I wont know till either a test comes up positive, or AF rears her ugly head.

pertykitty- DH just called and I asked him if I could buy some from the dollar store. He said im allowed 5 and that will last me till either I get a positive, or AF shows up.

Wish me luck, and STICKY STICKY BABY DUST TO EVERYONE!!!!!
sending dumptrucks full ! 5, that would last a few days lol.  goodluck!!!
Wow this is really funny, I'm at work and it took me all day to read this (between work). I had my son at 19 and I am a full time college student and I was also married but I would not wish that upon anyone. Life is too hard as it is, and you dont even know who you are at 30 sometimes let alone at 18. I know alot of successful young mothers but I know for sure that they would not wish that hardship upon anyone. Anywayz, AndiJ78 that is hillarious..... I almost started choking on my drink at work lol
That's funny. When I got pg with my oldest (I had 3 losses before him) I had a close male friend who knew before I did. I took my test at 12 DPO and Robert commented 2 days earlier that he thought i was pg. Unbeknownst to me, he had been paying a little too close attention to my chest ; ) He popped up that day and said "Andi, why didn't you tell me you were pregnant?"  I responded that I didn't know if i was, I had a few days left to test. He replied he knew i was because my boobs had grown, just like his wife's had when she was pg with their kids. Sure enough, 2 days later i got my BFP!!! I swear I need to find his number again, maybe he can answer all the AM I Pg posts on here ; )
missed everything once again...*sigh*...oh well...
Don't worry, it happens again and again here, over the years.  It will happen again, probably tomorrow.  

OMG-that is poo right? OMG, that made my day! I love it. What a blackmail picture you will have for when he gets older! I just love it.
I aim to please!! I am glad that despite all the drama that T's poo-fest made some people smile. I have tried (unsuccessfully) two or three times to change the subject on three posts regarding this garbage and it never worked!!

T is in for a world of hurt when he gets older. I am thinking I will use this for his 21st Birthday or something crazy like that, blow it up and bring it to the bar or maybe I will wait for his wedding.
Next time I'll be sure to get in on the action! lol!

I havn't seen one this heated in a while! It has been a relatively quiet in the 9 months I've been here...I can only imagine the crazy things you gals that have been here for years have seen! It comes in waves I guess....Now I think I'll check out the poo picture...
To - Van73 & asmit49 - Well said, well said!!!! I totally totally agree with everything you's just said, well done. And with the spelling issue, its like these women on here just find every little thing to pick on. Pathetic.
To the nasty judgemental people on here -  
If you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all.
Molley21 you just called some women pathetic, but at the end of your post you stated "If you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all"
Not trying to start a fight but isnt that a bit off?
i agree lets be nice