Maternal & Child Community
Ladies who have had a c-section...(sorry tmi)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I went to the bathroom earlier and noticed my incision scar was bleeding. It has been almost 13 months since my c-section. After I wiped away the blood I noticed a tiny hole in my skin. I usually keep the area hair-free, and am thinking it may have been an ingrown hair that caused this as a black 1/2 inch something came out...I don't think it was a stitch coming out so long after. I have had my incision open up before, but last time was 4 months after my c-section, so 9 months ago. But I was just wondering if any of you ladies had stitches coming out this long after, or if it was an ingrown hair, I put neosporin and a bandaid over it, like they told me to do last time I went to the dr about it. And I don't want to go tonight, it's not a large opening, and I don't want to wait forever with a grumpy baby to be told to do the same thing. By the way I had internal stitches, and the glue/whatever it's called stuff put over the skin's incision to close it, so I had no staples or stitches on the outside.
Wow, that's crazy! I had a section 14 mo's ago and can't even imagine, hmm. I'd have to go with in-grown hair. Sounds like you're doing the right things. Keep and eye on it for sure.
It could be either a hair or a piece of suture, even after this long.  I'd certainly keep a watchful eye on it.  If it begins draining at all, go to the doctor.