Ladies who have had a c-section...(sorry tmi)
I went to the bathroom earlier and noticed my incision scar was bleeding. It has been almost 13 months since my c-section. After I wiped away the blood I noticed a tiny hole in my skin. I usually keep the area hair-free, and am thinking it may have been an ingrown hair that caused this as a black 1/2 inch something came out...I don't think it was a stitch coming out so long after. I have had my incision open up before, but last time was 4 months after my c-section, so 9 months ago. But I was just wondering if any of you ladies had stitches coming out this long after, or if it was an ingrown hair, I put neosporin and a bandaid over it, like they told me to do last time I went to the dr about it. And I don't want to go tonight, it's not a large opening, and I don't want to wait forever with a grumpy baby to be told to do the same thing. By the way I had internal stitches, and the glue/whatever it's called stuff put over the skin's incision to close it, so I had no staples or stitches on the outside.
Wow, that's crazy! I had a section 14 mo's ago and can't even imagine, hmm. I'd have to go with in-grown hair. Sounds like you're doing the right things. Keep and eye on it for sure.
It could be either a hair or a piece of suture, even after this long.  I'd certainly keep a watchful eye on it.  If it begins draining at all, go to the doctor.