Large Fibroid with Pregnancy
I am 5 weeks pregnant and recently found out that I have a fibroid taking up the entire size of my uterus.  My doctor has said there is nothing that can be done, but I am at an elevated risk of miscarriage and another preemie (my first was a 35 weeker with severe problems).  How likely is it that I will miscarry?  What is the normal gestational age of a preemie in this case?  Thank you!

Lisa
I'm sorry but I have no advice for you about this matter.  i'm not familiar with that.  Also, sorry noone else has responded, its been kinda slow around here.  Either there's no one that knows about fibroid problems or those who can help you w/ opinions and advise haven't chked the site yet.

Have you tried researching the web? (although, not sure you should do that, you can get alot of different answers, some in which may scare you and have you worry for no reason).

Anyways, hope all goes well.
I'm sorry I don't have any information about fibroids.  However, I would get a second opinion, for instance, is your doctor, a regular obgyn or is he a neonatologist.  I had different problems with keeping my babies after conception, but the doctors I went to that weren't specialists were not helpful at all, ie "there is nothing you can do," but continue to miscarry, until I got to a specialist, now i'm 20 w 3 d and everything seems to be going well, but I am with a high risk doc, who deals with problems.  Please, please please seek another opinion, I dont know if the info will be any better but it will let you know your doing all that you can. Take care, Kirsten...
HI!
I too am dealing with uterine fibroids, but have not experienced pregnancy with fibroids as of yet. I know fibroids can be a wild card, as they can grow rapidy, particulary with estrogen levels increasing.  Your doc should inform you as to what type of fibroids you have, where located specifically, how they are impacting pregnancy, and what treatment options, if any are avialable to you while pregnant.  From what I understand, it is unfortunately a 'wait and see how they grow' situation.  Here are a few web pages I had found which have good general information on uterine fibroids and treatments.          

http://www.wdxcyber.com/mfibroid.htm  
or try: http://www.fibroids.com/  

Hopefully, this information will give you a better understanding of fibroids, and may be helpful in dealing with your specific situation.  Good luck to you.
:~) 40+