Maternal & Child Community
Late/Missed Period by 9 days & Negative Pregnancy Test
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Late/Missed Period by 9 days & Negative Pregnancy Test

Before I discuss the missed period I would like to outline the facts about myself.
I am a 25 year old female
seemingly healthy
No Children
a history of heavy periods that are often painful
my bf and I have unprotected sex, and
I have researched all the possibilities of late periods and have ruled out all except one: pregnancy.

My last period came on November 23 and lasted about 5 days, then spotted out for two, which was very normal. However there was no pain, it didn't seem too heavy, and the blood looked fresh like I had been cut. In addition my bf did ejaculate inside of me earlier that month so it had me worrying. But since it lasted the length of any normal period, I simply ignored it.

However the worry is back on because this past month on December 23 not only has my period not shown up, but it still is not here. On the 3rd day of my missed period I started to experience unusual stomach cramping, gas and bloating. I find that I'm a little tired lately but not anything too extreme. I don't have any other pregnancy symptoms like tender breasts or frequent urination. My symptoms include: watery, thin like mucus that feels like urination, stomach cramps after meals and discomfort even when I don't eat, sugar cravings, minor back pain, a little weight gain, a little discomfort during intercourse.

I took 3 hpt last month, one was suspicious but when I bought a digital pregnancy test this month, I've taken 2 so far and they both have said negative. I have no children and have never been pregnant so I wouldn't know what being pregnant would "feel" like, I'm simply dumbfounded by this entire situation.

I have no history of ovarian cancer in the family, no irritable bowel syndrome, none of my symptoms suggest I have a thyroid problem, I haven't been sick, I'm not on medications, not on any hormone treatment or contraceptives, no extreme weight loss or gain, no stress that I haven't always had and I can't think of any other reason for a missed period. I just don't understand what is happening to my body, I have never missed a period before.

I refuse to accept that this just happens and I should relax. If I could be pregnant I would rather know now than to not know what could be wrong. Could someone with a similar situation please tell me what happened to them???

Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
If urine pregnancy test is negative then go for a blood pregnancy test. A blood HCG estimation test would be most reliable. If the test is negative then you are not pregnant. If it is borderline, repeat after a week to see if the levels are rising. Rising levels indicate pregnancy. If this too is negative then other causes of delayed or missed periods will have to be looked at such as ectopics, hypothyroidism—you need to test to confirm, polycystic disease of the ovary, pituitary tumors secreting prolactin, anemia and poor diet, hormonal imbalance. You will need to consult a gynecologist for this.
Take care!