Maternal & Child Community
Late Ovulation and Pregnant...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Late Ovulation and Pregnant...

Hello All!  I am new to this site and have been looking everywhere to get some answers.  I am 6 weeks pregnant however I am nervous b/c I ovulated VERY late this time.  I ovulated on day 33 and got a positive pregnancy test 11 days later.  My first doc's appt is later this week but I need some answers!!  Does anybody know anyone that has been through this?  All I have read is that late ovulation is highly linked with miscarriage and that scares me to tears...

Please help and thank you!!
Tags: Ovulation
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi dyannaberry.  My husband and I too are TTC and have noticed the past two months that I have ovulated late in my cycle. We have not yet conceived. Did you tell your doctor that you ovulated late when you scheduled an appointment?  I would call and see if there is a supplement you can take until your appointment or if they know your concerns they may work you in early.  Either way as long as your doctor supplements you with progesterones I am sure you will be fine.  The most important thing is to relax.  Good luck!
Blank
Hi dyannaberry.  I just found and read your question posted on Apr 26, and today is Aug 7, about 3 months after you posted your question regarding late ovulation and your fear/concern of miscarriage.  I just wonder if your pregnancy is going fine.  I too have a chronic late ovulation (ovulation on day 24-33) and very irregular cycles.   I'd like to know if I should try to get pregnant with the late-ovulated egg and if it could result in a healthy pregnancy or if it will more likely lead to a miscarriage or an abnormal pregnancy.    Thanks.
Blank
Hello-

Yes- Everything is going great and I am currently 26 weeks pregnant with a little girl!  My doc said that after they heard that heartbeat at 7 weeks that we had less then a 5 percent chance of miscarriage and not to worry at all.  So- I wouldn't pay any attention to ovulating late b/c obviously I am living proof! :)  Good luck :)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...