Late Ovulation and Pregnant...
Hello All!  I am new to this site and have been looking everywhere to get some answers.  I am 6 weeks pregnant however I am nervous b/c I ovulated VERY late this time.  I ovulated on day 33 and got a positive pregnancy test 11 days later.  My first doc's appt is later this week but I need some answers!!  Does anybody know anyone that has been through this?  All I have read is that late ovulation is highly linked with miscarriage and that scares me to tears...

Please help and thank you!!
Hi dyannaberry.  My husband and I too are TTC and have noticed the past two months that I have ovulated late in my cycle. We have not yet conceived. Did you tell your doctor that you ovulated late when you scheduled an appointment?  I would call and see if there is a supplement you can take until your appointment or if they know your concerns they may work you in early.  Either way as long as your doctor supplements you with progesterones I am sure you will be fine.  The most important thing is to relax.  Good luck!
Hi dyannaberry.  I just found and read your question posted on Apr 26, and today is Aug 7, about 3 months after you posted your question regarding late ovulation and your fear/concern of miscarriage.  I just wonder if your pregnancy is going fine.  I too have a chronic late ovulation (ovulation on day 24-33) and very irregular cycles.   I'd like to know if I should try to get pregnant with the late-ovulated egg and if it could result in a healthy pregnancy or if it will more likely lead to a miscarriage or an abnormal pregnancy.    Thanks.
Hello-

Yes- Everything is going great and I am currently 26 weeks pregnant with a little girl!  My doc said that after they heard that heartbeat at 7 weeks that we had less then a 5 percent chance of miscarriage and not to worry at all.  So- I wouldn't pay any attention to ovulating late b/c obviously I am living proof! :)  Good luck :)