Maternal & Child Community
Late Period, and 2 neg Pregnancy tests. Why?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

My normal cycle is 25 days. My last normal period was May 28th. I was due for my period on June 22. And I'm 5 days late. But I'm concerned because my period normally runs like clockwork. I know the day, and sometimes the exact time I will get it. I have been haveing back pain, dizzyness, and ocaional nausea. I took two pregnancy tests. Both were negative. What should I do if I still don't get my period? Could I be pregnant, and its just not showing in my urine yet?
Generally, a home pregnancy test will detect HCG if you have missed your period. Maybe stress is the culprit. Can you get into your doctor and ask for a blood test?

Depending on the brand, sometimes they take longer to detect the HCG. Answer brand detects early and if you are pregnant, it will detect the levels now.

Good luck!

Andrea
Thats what I took. The answer brand. I don't know what to make of it. I don't think I have been stressed out. Not more than usual anyways.
Diane,
The standard advice if you miss a period and get a negative test, is to wait one week and test again.  If it is still negative, see your doctor.  As Andrea said, if you are late, most pregnancy tests will pick it up.

Most people don't want to wait.  So if you can't wait the week, go now to your doctor and get a blood test.

Even if your periods run like clockwork, your body is not a clock and sometimes periods are just late.  Hormones, stress, or just whatever...there is not a woman alive who did not have at least one irregular cycle in her life.  

You don't say what kind of BC you are on--sometimes this can have a bearing.  If you have been on the pill for a long time, your periods can become very scanty, and you might even miss a period.
i would also say go to your doctor if u can't wait. maybe u should take another one in a few days try First Response that is what i use and if u r in deed pregnant it should pick it up. if it comes out negative again i would say see the doctor indefinetly.
I am going for a blood test tomorrow myself. I am 2 weeks late, had almost all the signs that I was preggo, but had 3 neg hpt's. I have never been late either, but now I am thinking maybe I am not preggo. All my positive signs have gone away, except nauseousness off and on during the day. Still no sign of AF!  Anyone have any ideas?? I am also going to gyn for internal exam, but couldn't get in till July 11! I hope this blood test is a +!
It took more then a week after I was late to get a + pg test. I knew I was pg before I was late. When I did test + it was very very faint line.
Hey, I got my period. Its very light but I still got it. Thanks for all you comments.
I'm in a similar situation.  This is my first month TTC with my husband (who is an OB/GYN!!)  My AF was due on the 24th, now it's 4 days later and still no sign of it.  I've taken 3 home pregnancy tests and all were negative.  I've been having other symptoms, including increased appetite, swollen breasts, acne, and darker areolas.  My husband did an internal exam yesterday and said my cervix is softer than usual.  So -- here's the thing -- even after 3 negative HPT's (including one today, 4 days late) he is certain I'm pregnant!!  We're going to have a blood test done on Friday.  My husband is not really concerned about the hpt.  He says the BEST indicator of pregnancy is a missed period, especially if you have very regular cycles like I do.
Good luck to everyone out there!!
Thanks for the pos feedback! Wish I had someone to do an internal on the spot. I will be waiting hopeful till tomorrow. Congrats to you both!
Ok, so the blood results were negative too. I still don't have my period---prob. just stress, but I don't feel stressed. Anyone have any other ideas what could be going on???
Stress is a big factor in missed periods. A person can be stressed without even knowing it. I am 3 days late for my period and had a negative result yesterday, I am going to try to wait a week before I do another test but its difficult to wait over something like this!  If you want to rate your stress levels to see if your late period might be because of that, you can find sweb sites that have questions like have you changed your living arrangements and your answer will have a score and you tally it up at the end.  Good luck everyone!
my period was two days late.  I took 2 first responses prior to that and they were negative.  Today something similar to my period has come.  It is a light brownish color, i am lightly cramping and very nauseated.  What is going on and when should i take another pregnancy test.  or is this my period?
Hey Ladies,

I am 5 days late and have taken many preg tests, but they were all neg. I have all of the symptoms and can barely stay awake throughout the day. I am never late any thoughts??
My period comes EVERY 32-34 days. My husband and I just started trying for our #2 this past month. I went off the pill in February and I got my period March, April, May, June like clockwork. I was supposed to get my period on Friday (July 8) which would have been day 33. As of today, July 13th negative pregnancy tests (blood and urine) and no period. My best friend who is a gyno told me that I most likely ovulated late and 1) I am pregnant and it's too early to show up 2)my period will be late b.c. I ovulated late 3) I didn't ovulate. I am so bloated, my breasts are huge and veiny (sorry to be so detailed) and I am exhausted. Anyone have thoughts on this?
Yes, all of this sounds so familiar. I feel like I'm going out of my mind waiting to see what's going to happen. I've been feeling like I am pregnant(sore boobs, increased appetite, frequent urination, back pain, etc), and my period is three days late already, but all the tests I've taken are negative. I just got off the pill right before my last cycle began, so I really don't even know whether I ovulated this month. On top of everything else, I have hypothyroidism, so now I'm kind of afraid that that is why my period hasn't come. I'm worried and frustrated. I wish something would happen soon.
hey people could someone tell me could i still be pregent even if i took the prego test and it came out negative and my periods are 3 days late is possible that i still can be preganet iam so worried that iam i cant handle waiting a week i want to know now
Im late 3days and have swollen boobs.  I have never been late all my life.  Could I be prenant?
Is it likely that I woman can be 4 months pregnant before she realizes it?  My cycle was 25 days late for the month of April and I really do not recall having one in May, but if I did, it was 30 days from April's cycle. I went without intercourse from March 18 - the end of May with two guys. About 2 weeks ago I took an EPT a couple of times and the results were negative last week, the results were positive.  I just would like to know if it is possible that I could be 4 months based on your knowledge.
I have done half a dozen preg tests, all neg, period 3 wks late, all the usual preggy signs (I have 2 kids already).  I took the morning after pill 5 wks ago - are my hormones screwed up or has the pill failed?? Anyone know??
My last period was back in 13 April. I have done numerous pregnancy test and last week went to the doctor to have a blood test done to see if I was pregnant but the result came back negative.
For all you out there who keep getting neg home tests - hang in there - I've done loads of negs, 3 weeks late and just got a positive with a 'First Response'.
Same here.  I was supposed to have my period on 7/27, have taken 3 tests, though my husband I made love when I was sure I was ovulating, have sore breasts, aversions to carrots, perfume and other weird things, tired ALL the time, achy back, abdomen, think I'm pregnant, but the 3 negs on the HPTs really have me confused.  I even looked up on the internet to see which tests will show 20-25 HCG as some only show a pos if it is 100+.  I don't know.  Of course it is Sat and the doc office is closed.  Guess I'll call Monday.  In the meantime, I will probably take another test, even though I hate the expense.  I have to admit that I was SURE that it was positive when I used this morning's urine and it was negative (again)---BOY was I disappointed and confused.  I really want to be pregnant; we've been "trying" off and on for just over a year but my husband's work calls him out of town often.  My stress level is lower now than it has been in 3 years, so that adds to my confusion.  No thyroid issues or weight problems to speak of...the waiting game is a killer!
I missed a period, so I took three preg test, they were all negative, I waited, and waited, my next period arrived, but very very light, and brownish colour. I am extremely concerned that I am pregnant as this is something that I am not ready for at the moment. Is there any other reason why I have missed one period and had another very light one, but still had negative results. I spaced the pregnancy tests out, so I could not have tested to early. My appetite has increased and I have been experiencing lower stomach pains- which I first believed were perid pains. I dont think that I am stressed and my eating and exercise patterns are normal. I have dizzy spells but no vomiting or nausea. I am really really worried and need some advice other than visit a GP, as at this point I dont think it is something I can do. Please give me something! Thankyou...
I am a bit unsure how reliable home pregnancy tests are - I am now 4 weeks late - now missed 2 periods, had one faint positive test followed by 3 negatives - I haven't a clue if I am pregnant or not.  Looking at what other people have written on other sites, apparently this is not uncommon.  It is possible that the light period you have had is just a sign that your hormones are a muddle which happens but I do think you may be best to brave a visit to the GP - I am going on tuesday!
Thankyou, I find it so weird how I have had a missed period, followed by a really really light, short brownish colour period and yet three negative results. I did two Clear Blue tests and one other. Wish there was a home blood test! Looks like Im off for a visit to GP!
Good luck at GP. x
I am almost 2 weeks late for my period now. Pregnancy tests came back negative. I have two kids and i really believe that i am but i'm still not sure. i have a doctors appointment but that doesn't ease my mind. I have all the simptoms and never miss a period. do you think i am? I'm scared i'm not really sure i'm ready for another baby, but i'll be happy anyway.
My name is Holly. I am 20 years old. I am planning on going off the pill (i have been on it for 3 years now) in November. I hope to get pregnant right away so I can give the news to my in-laws and my parents as an xmas gift. Do people usually have problems conceiving the first few months they go off the pill? How does it work? I also want to lose weight before I have a baby. As it is I am not comfortable in my skin. If anyone has suggestions or would like to chat, please email me at butterfly_baybee2005***@**** I will respond to everyone!
Also, will you only conceive on certain days of the month? I can use as much information as I can
Hi all,

So I have the same issue, missed period and 2 neg pregnancy tests.  My periods are never regular but this feels different.  I have a lot of white discharge like stuff and am about 8 to 10 days late.  I took the 2 tests one right after the other (I passed the no pass zone so I did another to be sure).  My mother never got a positive unless she was more then 2 months pregnant or not at all.  I have sore breasts, my appetite has changed, and I'm moody as all hell.  I seriously started to cry because my husband took too long of a shower and felt he didn't want to spend time with me.  Hello crazy.  I have a little pooch stomach which seemed to come out of no where.  I have to say I'm lucky and have a naturally flat tummy so this is strange.  What's up?  I don't have health care down here so I'm hesitant to call a doctor and get a blood test (it's a pain and i have try to communicate these this in portuguese la la la).  What do you think?  Should I do another test next week?  I have been stressed but I'm always stressed and my period has adapted.  Seriously.  I do work out but nothing that should stop it (3 times a week and only like 20 min of weights).  Any tips.  I heard about wishful thinking creating syptoms (symptoms).  I believe that could be but I wasn't all that excited at first.  It wasn't wishfull.  But now, I must admit, the idea has grown on me.  Anyway, I'll be checking the forum.  Looks like we all have more questions then answers. hehehe
PS.  I'm also VERY tired.  I spent most of this week sleeping whenever i could
Last period was July 6, after taking 3 hpt all being negative, I finally got a positive result yesturday and I am so thrilled but my question is this.  Do I still go off the first day of my last period for the due date?  It took so long to get the positive test that I'm wondering if I might have ovulated later than I was supposed to. Should I even worry about being that exact?  I'm only puzzled because I have three other children and with them I always got a positive results right away
Holly,

Chances of you getting pregnant immediately and getting a positive result before Christmas are slim if you stop the pill in November.  You should be off for at least 2 months before you start trying.  I'd stop now and try in October.  

I am also having probs of my own.  My period is 3 days late and the tests have been neg.  However, I am SOOOO tired, have an odorless white discharge, my back and gluts ache and I'm having strange cramps.  What's the longest its taken anyone to get a positive test?
I am also 10 days late, and 2 neg HPT.  Is it possible that you can get pregnant the day before you are suppose to start your period, then wait another month to find out if your are pregnant?
It is possible but not likely.

See the egg gets fertilized and then it spends a few days traveling down the tube and into the uterus.  Then it has to implant itself into the uterus, which starts the release/increase of hcg hormone.  This presence of hcg hormone is what indicates to your body NOT to have a period.  So even though you may have a fertilized egg you will still have a period and flush out the egg because it did not have time to successfully implant itelf and start hcg.

Now, if you did ovulate extremely late in your cycle and the egg only made it to your tube, then I guess you might be able to have a period and then by the time your period is finished the egg would enter your uterus and implant.  Anything is possible.  In this case, I guess you could take a hpt about 1 week after your period has ended, and it would probably show up positive.
I am having the same problem as everyone else and now I don't feel so bad.  I am 5 days late and trying to get pregnant with number 3.  I wanted to know if anyone knows if hpt works for everyone?  Are there some women who test better (or worse) than everyone else?  About four or five days before my period, I spotted a brown discharge for a morning.  I wonder if that was my period?  I, like everyone else keeps getting negitive hpt results.  I just don't know what's going on.
Hey, I am 23 years old and have NEVER missed a period! I am 2 weeks late and have taken 3 HPT all neg. I went to the doctor and he took one, neg. Then I had the blood test done also neg. I am still really worried. My husband and I were not trying so I don't think I am pregnant but why haven't I started?
I am now 14 days late and took a HPT this morning which came out negative.  I have all the signs of a period but no period so that is why I believe I might be pregnant....can I be pregnant but it not show on a HPT?  Unfortunately I don't know enough about ovulation etc.  Can anyone offer some advice?  I came off the pill in June and have had one period since then.  My husband and I are trying for our first baby after 10 years together.....I am very excited but very apprehensive but certainly not stressed.
My negative test was right.  Period 5 days late.  Oh well, next month try again.  Does anyone know if this will also delay the next time I ovulate?
Hi everyone. I am 9 days late. I should have started on August 13, 2005. I have been TTC for 5 months now. I have one 2 year old and desperately wanting a second. I have taken numerous pregnancy tests, all negative. I recently developed a yeast infection, which I have never had in my life. I was told that sometimes a yeast infection can delay your period. So, I need to get that cleared up and then if I don't start within 3 days aferward, I should go to the doctor and have them do a blood test. I will be going in on Thursday this week to get that done. I have also read that yeast infections are common in pregnant women. So here I am all confused as to whether having a yeast infection is what is causing me not to start or whether it's because I am indeed pregnant and that's what caused me to get a yeast infection. My periods are like clockwork and never this late. Plus, I didn't start having a yeast infection until I was like already 5 days late and I am never that late. Who knows. I am so confused. I will let everybody know my outcome on Thursday. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
i have some questions. i have not missed my period. but when i  had it it was so light. thats not normal. not 2 weeks after my last period i feel really tired, and i have nausea. i have taken two test and they have both been negative i think. there was maybe a light second line. i done know. should i go to the dr. and get a blood test? does anyone have any ideas?
I am having a similar problem as well.I had the IUD birthcontrol in for about 3 months,i got it took out on june 20th and started my period on the 21st had a full period .I was supposed to start july 21st and now i am 9 days late.spotted very lite(not enough to even say i did)took about 7 prenancy test all negitive and a blood test it also negitive. i have a little gurl thats 11 months old and i didn't do this .could i be pregnant?? i get the feeling that i am going to start but it comes and goes and still don't get a period.. can someone help me !!!!
hi everyone
can you tell me, those of you who have been 5/6 days late, have you had a mettallic taste in your mouth also?
my last period was 8-3-09. I ran a half marathon for the first time the day before it but it still came so this whole its stress excuse i think is bs.
i am 13 days late today. i got the normal acne of a cycle but then no bleeding. at first i wasnt worried though 4 days before it was due i had a dream i was pregnant. i am almost certain i am preggo but so incredibly busy with work and school that im terrified. 3 neg preg tests. the last one being monday the first one being before it was due (so over three weeks). i have a bladder the size of a pea and have been so incredibly exhusted- which could be due to working a lot and school. i also get nausated easily but not like in the morning or anything.
the cake topper is my boyfriend and i had sex yesterday for the first time since i thought i might be preggo. and after we both finished-- i felt like someone was stabbing me in the uterus, so painful. i was about to throw up and had to lay down and go to sleep. today i have pain on the left side like stabbing and its tender. i wonder if its a cyst or a tubal that just hasnt shown up in the urine test yet. ideas?
ok I am two weeks late today. After week one I took a dollar general test and it was negative but didn't use the first morning urine.I plan on taking another one, My period was suppose to start the 4th last period was NOV 6th. Me and my husband are trying for our first child together. I have had two other babies and that was the only time I had ever been late before. I don't feel sick but my appetite has increased deff. I wake up in the middle of the night hungry. My breast are kinda sore, but they never got sore with my second pregnancy. I had horrible morning sickness with the other pregnancys so IDK. If anyone has any ideas or is going through the same thing please email me ***@**** Thanks to everyone
kitnight i am in the same boat as u my period was due nov5th and i still got no period and i got a negative on at home test .

anyone that can help with ur input plz do

here is my email ***@****
hi ! I missed my period it was 2 days late i took first response 5 day sooner test but its negative nd sometimes theres a light pain in lower abdominal just help me out i dnt knw wat 2 do
I want to provide HOPE because I've been there!! My periods are always on time 28 days. Last year I had my period Oct 1 and it was light. Nov 1 no period. Nov 2 neg hpt. Nov 12 neg hpt. Nov 13 went to obgyn for annual exam/pap. Neg urine test in office. We had miscarried 3 times earlier in the year so my obgyn sent us for Kyrotype-sp? tests which came back good for both of us-since they could not figure out what was wrong. Nov 19th I felt sick with horrible indigestion. It would not go away! I still had no period so I tested AT NIGHT. It was positive! I couldn't believe it!  So, I woke up the next morning and tested again...yep! Positive!!!  I still didn't believe it so I called the obgyn and they saw me that day.  The office urine test was positive.  Then they drew blood.  Yep!!!  It came back positive and they had me come back the next week for another draw and an ultrasound.  The other blood test was to be sure my hcg was elevating and not going down-as happened when I would early misscarry.  So...I went back and the sonogram tech said, "let's just see if we have a heartbeat yet".  Well...we had a heartbeat! July 2009 we gave birth to a HEALTHY little fella who is eating and growing beautifully!  So don't give up!  Don't take negative as a "sure result".  I did some research and many of these pregnancy tests are false advertising!  In perfect conditions, ie non diluted urine, non hormonal day, not ovulating, hanging upside down while holding your mouth just right (j/k), they work...only if you don't test when they say to test which is way too early for most.  My midwife said to test only 2 weeks after you miss your period and even then do NOT take it as a sure thing if it's neg.  It's because the HCG levels are different in each person...every pregnancy is different.  Plus some levels on these tests are set too high.  They are set to read levels of 30-50 instead of 10 to 20 like the packet reads.  This information I got from a panel of ob's who are working on improving hpt's.  I hope I am not giving false hope...just sharing my story because I've been through the "let down" and "what's wrong with me" phase...I know it all too well!  Whatever you do...unless you are in pain...do not rush into having a doctor try to help you start your period or let them put you on the pill when you get a false negative after only 1 or 2 weeks or you could end up aborting a perfectly healthy child.  My doctors and midwife say to only try and induce your period (if not ovulating) after 2 months and another blood test is neg. Then it's safe to say you are not preg.  Best wishes and TONS OF BABY DUST TO YOU ALL!!!
could i be pregnant. i have a yeast infection and Im in antibiotic but i haven't get my period. its 6 days late and my bf and i are freaking out. whats going on?
I am almost in the same boat I was suppose to tart the 19th and mine are like clock work....I took on the 19,20,and today and still all neg. But I have the feel of its coming....I got the AF acne, really sore breast, and they are swollen. I normally wear a D cup but they are not fitting right!!. I feel nausea in the morning and its driving me nuts.....I will test in a few a days and see....if still no AF to the doc I go. Let me know what happens with you
hey ladies im new to this. ok i am 2 wks late i took 3 hpt n they all was negative. i stopped the pill in feb can anyone tell me if i could b pregnant
Hi very confused last month my period was a week early and lasted four days and wasn't heavy, usualy I bleed longer and heavier. This month period came early again was light and lasted just a day and a half then spotting when I wiped I have done three test all negative. I have had realy sore boobs and my nipples keep going purple then go pink with wee White dots on them I feel preg but I don't know if this is because I want to be. My husband and I have been trying for over a year. I have two boys and wasn't like this with them. Any advice would be great. I have the docs on Monday
i have 3days missed period,. and i have a regular menstruation am 28dys cycle.. i got my three preg test all of them is negative,. i think am pregnant,we do had safe sex we use condom,. but i think am.. feel sore in my nipples,. but now my soreness in my nipples gone?? pls help me..
Is it just me or are you ladies fed up with home pregnancy tests in general? If the box says it will detect pregnancies a month after conception, then it should - otherwise it's false advertising.  These companies make loads of cash off this and they can't come up with home pregnancy tests that actually work.  I say this: If the home pregnancy test shows up negative and you end up actually being pregnant (or if it shows up positive and you are not pregnant), they should give you a refund and an apology for either crushing your hopes or scaring the life out of you.  In the future, I will call and make complaints for a refund whenever any home pregnancy test gives me false results and I'll send them their defective product back in the mail if they like (haha).  Enough is enough already - make a product that actually works!
Hi, I'm 25
Oups! pushed post by accident. I'm 6 days late (was due fri sept 3rd)..I did 2 HPT tests..came back neg..for the last 3 days I've been having head spins, I have extremely increased appetite, everyday for the past 5 days I've been having these twinges in my lower abdomen, like a big pinch feeling in my uterus, about once per day, somedays twice a day..I don't feel like my period is coming at all..usualy I get acne before my period..nothing at all this month..had a bad case of PMS..but went away a couple of days ago..(irritation, short fuse, pissy mood, no patience) but i now feel very emotional, feel lilke crying for no real reason i have mood swings..and I ususally have a flat stomach, no belly what so ever..I though I was bloated before my period, but no period, and still have that pooch of a tummy and it's hard..my last 5 periods were very lite and short compared to what it was before..I'm mostly spotting now..it used to be like waterfalls before..I really don't know what to think..could I be preg and it's just not showing on an HPT yet..the doctors allways told me it would show by now..but i've been pregnant before and the results were neg and I misscarried at 1 1/2 months..could someone help me out? any advice?  please email me at: Papryka_23***@**** with any advice, info, anything would be appreciated..thanks!
Ok girls, HELP! here's the story. I've been on bc for about 2 years no problem. Past 3 months have been very busy for me and I've been very forgetful when it comes to taking the pill. About 2 months ago I started a new pack, about 1-2 weeks into it, I missed 2 days and tried to make it up but it was too late, my period had already come. Threw that one way and started a new pack, same thing missed 2 days after about 2 weeks into the pack and my period came early. Started a new pack this last time and lost the entire pack about a week in. No period....my husband and I have a very regular sex life so it's hard to pinpoint the exact time I might have gotten pregnant, especially with my bc being off and on. I should have started my period 2 days after my missed pill but it's been at least 4 weeks and nothing...is it possible my body was put under too much stress from so many periods in one month and now it's just...idk resetting itself? I've taken 3 tests, all negative. The first one taken 2 weeks after my missed period, the second a week later, and the third taken yesterday (About 2 weeks later). I don't have good insurance so if I go to the doc i'm gonna be payin big money which I'd really like to avoid if at all possible. I have been battling a mild yeast infection, could that be delaying it?

Any help or comments would be much appreciated. PS we're NOT trying for a baby, I just turned 21 and hadn't planned on kids for another 5 years or so...so we're a little worried to say the least.

Oh yeah and my boobs have been sore and I've had increased appetite, and extremely tired all the time...but no nausea or any other pregnancy symptoms....
I had a tubal ligation 11 years ago today. The doctor only took out a 1cm section on each tube and then let them fall back.  No matter what or how stressed I am I always have my period. A 28 day cycle. I have missed my period 3 times in my life and have three children to show for it. In July I was placed on Yaz for other problems, I was never good at taking a pill and missed alot of them. I had my period July, August and September. I skipped October completely. I am bloated, gassy, white discharge, tingly breasts, headaches, dizziness, nausea to the point of gagging and so tired I can barely get out of bed some days. I have taken pregnancy test but it came back negative. May have been too early. Has anyone else gotten pregnant years after a tubal? Did it show positive on a hpt and if so how long did it take?
I am a few days late, but all of the pregnancy tests i have taken are negative. But i think i am and so does my boyfriend. Wish i knew NOW. Me, along with everyone else, hate waiting. But we all can hang in there. =) Hope you girls get the answers you're looking for. Wish me luck too!!
Watching everyone on here say that a urine test will 100% detect pregnancy is VERY frustrating for me.... Here is why....

I have a 5 yr. old little boi - So I KNOW when I'm pregnant.... A few years ago I got pregnant again, or so I thought.... I took TWO pregnancy tests at home, one at night, one in the morning, BOTH negative.... When I get pregnant, my kidneys act up, BAD, they hurt SO bad.... I called my Doctor.... I got the "Wait a week, take another" - I did.... NEGATIVE.... He had me come into his office to take a blood test.... He called me three days later and told me the BLOOD TEST was negative.... I started CRYING on the phone.... I KNEW I was pregnant, how could this happen?  He heard my hysteria, and offered me an ultrasound to confirm the blood test.... A couple days later I went into the hospital for my scheduled ultra-sound.... Negative for pregnancy also.... Now what?!

I was a Marketing Director for a large National Co. at the time, a company where you don't miss work, or meetings, period.  I was FIGHTING to get through the day, spending A LOT of time in the restroom in INORDINATE amounts of pain.... My colleague came in to check on me, I collapsed.... She went to call 911, I stopped her, crying, I told her I would make it through the day.... I fought through my last meeting, from 4-5pm.... My boss asked multiple times if I was okay, I kept replying yeah, I was fine.... SOON as I got out, I raced down the elevator to my car, calling my Mother simultaneously, told her I was headed to E.R.  -  She met me there, along with my s.o.  I told the Doctor I WAS pregnant and they had done EVERY test and they all came back negative.... Instead of him looking at my like I was insane, he BELIEVED me for whatever reason.... He sent me to ultrasound, ironically the SAME tech I had before.... When she wheeled me out, she said "I wish I could take all your pain away, I'll be thinking of you" - I KNEW something was wrong.... The Doc came RIGHT into my room, said "You are pregnant, 2 months, the baby has ruptured your fallopian tube, you're bleeding internally, we have to go to emergency surgery, right now, I'm sorry"  

Ultimately, they had NEVER seen a BLOOD TEST come back negative, but it DID, and URINE and ULTRASOUND.... IT CAN HAPPEN!  If it weren't for my persistence, he told me I would have bled out within the next 10-14 hours....

If you would like to know why this all happened.... Its because my little one was in a VERY abnormal place in my tube, he was caught behind the little fingers that are on the end of the tube under the ovary, nothing could pick it up.... It almost killed me.... Now, I have been trying to have another child ever since, with no such luck, I am also down an ovary and tube because of this, and obviously too, the loss of my 2 mo. old fetus....

PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR BODY!  DON'T ALWAYS BELIEVE TESTS!
I have been off bc for 2 months.  The first month off the pills my period was normal, it came on day 28.  This month I only had one day of light spotting on day 35.  I took a pregnanct test on day 32 which was 10 dpo and one on day 35 both neg.  Is this normal after comming off the pill or could I be pregnant and testing too early?
hello. I recently had my mirena iud removed. I have had one reg period since I was supposed to start the 11 or the 16 of this month but still nothing. I also jave a yeast infection and a stabbing pain in mt left breast. Took a preg test 3 days ago negative. I have been using condoms cause I do not want anymote kids. Does anyone know what this could be??, thanks.,:)
i done a pergency test its negative , but my falliopian tubes are swollen and i have dizzy and hot spells please help i feel really weak, anyone know why
Maybe someone can give me some advice ,about a month ago I had a d&c due to a miscarriage. Haven't had period and this week I started to  feel nauseas and have bladder infection on monday the 12th I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. Is it possible I can get pregnant before my first period after a d&c?
My last  period was sep 22nd.. the last 3 or 4 days I have been having lower abdominal pain .It hurts when I walk, move, or sit down. I am also a little late in my period, but the pregnancy test was negative..I went to  doctor today.he took a urine test and didn't find any infection....what could I possibly have?
I am having very similar symptoms. Tired, back ache, peeing more, sore breasts, mood swings. I have had two periods where I have spotted and all tests are negative after 2 months. They have checked my bloods for every problem/infection under the sun and still I'm perfectly healthy. I hoping that next month the test comes back positive and that mother nature just has a cruel way of telling me I'm pregnant.
hello I'm in the same boat I am 2 wks late on my period and have had two negitive pregnancy tests I called the doctor they can't get me in for 2 weeks but the doctor seems to think maybe I have an infection and that's why I havnt had my period. Does anyone know if that's possible? I've never heard of that before. My husband and I are trying to get pregnant though please help
Hey Girlss !! Well we are all on the Same Boat , i had a natural miscariage at 10 weeks due to the fact that my blood is o'negative , i had a rhogam shot. its been about Six months past my misc and Hubby n i are still trying to concieve (conceive) again , my period has been very irregular lately , and at this point i am 3 days late . Ive been having lower back pains and period like cramps , took hpt and had a negative result , How Long Should i Wait to test again ?? Have any of u guys had any Positives??

Best of luck , xoxo!
I lost my virginity in October to my fiance I was late and my period only lasted three days, I was light in November, and the same until December. I am back to the normal flow but my cycle has changed. is that normal?
I find myself feeling very ackward to be writing this but I have a bladder infection and even though I know that a bladder infection can not cause a late period, I sm hopeful that I just might be pregnant. My fiancé sbd I have been trying to conceive for over a year now. I am at a very late age in the game do I know time is not on my side.
I sm getting very bad cramps and I some times hear a lot of noises in my stomach. I am not stressed about anything in my life so that can't be the reason for a late period.
I am normally on time every month but if I am late, the latest has always been a week. I am going on 8 days late. I did an EPT test on the day that I was suppose to get my period and it came back neg. I do question however the result since I don't think I peed enough since I have an infection and it made me think that I needed to go. So when I went to test there just wasn't enough pee to test with. I have not tested again. I figured I will wait a few more days. I just don't want to be disappointed if it comes out negative. I've gotten those too many times.
Anyway, I hope for all you ladies out there trying like me to have that bundle of joy that will complete your family a good luck! Hopefully, we all get what we are seeking because everyone woman should have the right to being a mother. :)
Hi I'm having the same problem I am 4 days late in never Ben this way before I don't know what to do I took 2 hpt in they both came back negative I don't know what to do
hi my period was stop 13apirl .....i am test home pregnacy but test -ve now also test blood bt then also test -ve .now what i do..i feel that i m pregnent but not show in result..plz tell me about it
They make a load of money because us ladies keep going back to buy more when we get negatives but know we are pregnant, but want confirmation way earlier than nature intends. Our bodies are far more reliable indicators than little pink lines on strange foriegn sticks that assume we are all the same. BTW it is not Hcg that stops the period, its levels of progesterone and estrogen that determine this. Hcg is produced by the placenta, which can form later for some women than others, and these stupid tests do not account for this. Progesterone and estrogen levels create the symptoms like nausea, fewer bowel movements, sore breasts, nipple changes, and thick white discharge: not Hcg. Womens bodies react much more quickly with these primary hormones to pregnancy than the production of Hcg. HPT's are a scam for the most part huns. Trust your gut and take care of yourselves, pay attention to your individual body, schedule a docs appt, and know that theres no need to know three days after you ovulate! Time will inevitably tell you if youre preggers, so stop wasting your money
Hi I just wanted to know if someone could help me with this answer, I'm in a similar situation as some of you ladies. I'm 5 days late for my period I have never been this late, I have very tender swollen breast, they have never felt this way, I have been experiencing fatigue, food cravings & some cramping for like a week on & off again, but I took 2 pregnancy test and they were negative, don't know what to really say @ this point can anybody please help me out. Thank u.
I just have a question if someone can help....
I'm 17 dpo and that means my period is three days late. Naturally I always get my period every month my cycle is 28 days and I have my period tracker updated and my body always matches what day my period should come. I had unprotected sex a few weeks ago with my fiancé and I took a hpt but I think I got a very faint negative. I just came from the doctor and same thing but she requested that I do a blood test to just be sure because I've been having most of the symptoms. For the past week in a half I been throwing up every night from 11pm- 3am, my boobs have gotten huge no soreness though and I've been having minor cramp; not like af cramps though a pulling kinda feeling. Also, ive been extremely emotional, crying for no reason, just really moody and ive been having some really bad insomnia and running to the bathroom way more often. My fiancé is convinced that I am pregnant but I don't know. Any advice
My bf and I used spermicide and it was during my period. He ejaculated inside me with the spermicide and it's been 3 weeks now and my period hasn't came. I'm worried if I am pregnant. I took two tests and they both came out negative and I'm gonna go see my doctor. I felt some nauseau but I don't feel fatigue or back pain and intercourse doesn't hurt. I've been eating normal though and going to the bathroom normal. I mean my period has been unbalanced lately so maybe it's just going to come late? I don't know I need answers. I'm stressing out over this.
hi, my periods is delayed by 19  days and I did the pregnancy tests thrice. 1 was urine test at home which was negative and 2 times I did beta hcg and 1 UPT from lab. still it was negative. and I feel very weak, tiring, sometimes nauseatic .and feel very very weak while walking. my periods has been very normal since one year . can pregnancy be still delayed. I had work stress. but now I don't feel much stress...can anyone answer?