Maternal & Child Community
Late Period Pregnancy Test Negative

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Late Period Pregnancy Test Negative

Hi.  I have been off b/c since April  and started to calculate my cycle.  After a few months, it looks as if I was on a 35-day cycle.  So, 35 days would have been July 12th, as of today, July 15th, I still do not have it.  I am 4 days late.  I did take a pregnancy test and it was negative.  Should I be concerned or do I need to relax?  I understand that my body need to regulate due to being on the pill for a long time.  

I am trying so hard to calculate so that my husband and I could start to try to have a baby.  I am soo confused...

I understand exactly what you are going thru....I have been trying to concieve (conceive) for 4 mos after being on depo for 7yrs. I have been off of it since Dec 2003....still no luck. It is very common to be very irregular after b/c for an extended time, and there is also the chance that you are pg but it isn't detectable on a hpt. I would take another test in 3 days and if that one is still neg and no sign of your period I would go have a bllod test done to be sure......they can give you something if you are not pg to induce your period so you can start trying again....I hope this was helpful.....kimmie
Hi and thank you soo much.  It helps, but you know, when you expect it to have your period exact for so many years, and now, it happens when it happens.  I appreciate your help.
Keep trying...it will happen.  :)
I hear ya....when your cycle is always right on the money for so long and then it does something different it can be nerve wracking. Especially when you are trying to become pregnant and monitoring things that you would never even dream of keeping track of in your life....ie..cervical mucus....LOL, only us women. I hope all turns out as you want it to...keep me posted....good luck
kimmie
Hello Everyone:
I am new to this site....but finding it comforting.  I had a m/c & d/c in Feb.  Now first month TTC.  Usually have ~30 day cycle.  (sometimes less, sometimes maybe 1-2 days longer).  I am now 6 days late & HPT keeps saying neg.  I used First Response Early.  Have taken test for last 6 days thinking since it was "early" detection (4 days b/4 missed AF).  All have been --.  Probably going to MD tomorrow for blood test.  This sucks!  The last pg I tested 2 days after I missed my period & had a dark pink line indicating pg....now not even a faint line & 6 days late.  Getting nervous.....
If you are 6 days late and have taken a test, you are probably not pregnant.  If you don't start your period in the new few days, I would test again or have your doctor jump start it for you.

Unfortuately, periods are not an exact science.  When you don't have medication telling your body when to ovulate, it takes awhile for your body to get the hang of it on its own, and even then, it is hardly ever the same every month.  Some cycles will be 26 days, some will be 35.  Some months, you'll bleed like crazy, some hardly at all.  Then, you throw stress in there and everything is up in the air.  

Thanks again, girls.  I really appreciate the help with all of this.  Good luck to you all....
I'm groing through the same thing right now.  I am offically two weeks late today and I took a HPT 3 days ago and it came back negative.  I have never been late before and just had my yearly exam and everything was fine.  When my aunt found out she was pregnant her first HPT came back negative after being two weeks late and she didn't get a positive one until she was over 3 weeks late.  We just have to play the waiting game, if I don't start my period after being three weeks late then I will take another test and call my dr.  For some people a positive HPT can take a little longer to show up.
hey, i'm new to this thing, but i need opinions.  i'm now three weeks late, i've had 3 negative hpt ( 2- first response, 1- clear blue easy)over the last 3 weeks. i'm feeling symtoms (symptoms), nausia, bloated, some weight gain, tired, headaches, clear vaginal discharge. All of these, i had when i was pg w/my daughter 6 yrs ago. the thing is, i'm scheduled to have x-rays in 2 weeks for a follow-up from back surgery 7 months ago. i'm not sure if i should cancel that or go ahead with it. i would sure appreciate any suggestions, or opinions on this subject.  thanks.
I think you should definitely get a doctor to take a pregnancy test before you do the xrays.  They will ask you anyway if there is any chance you are pregnant, and you can't lie.

Ok, I am in a similar boat as some of you guys.  I am 9 days late and 3 preg tests have come up negative.  This is getting very frustrating.  I am trying to decide when it is appropriate to go to the doctor, after being 2 or 3 weeks late or should I wait until my next period is due.  I can't stand the idea of not knowing for that long.  Any ideas?  What was the result for you other posts???
My name is Holly. I am 20 years old. I am planning on going off the pill (i have been on it for 3 years now) in November. I hope to get pregnant right away so I can give the news to my in-laws and my parents as an xmas gift. Do people usually have problems conceiving the first few months they go off the pill? How does it work? I also want to lose weight before I have a baby. As it is I am not comfortable in my skin. If anyone has suggestions or would like to chat, please email me at butterfly_baybee2005***@**** I will respond to everyone!
Also, will you only conceive on certain days of the month? I can use as much information as I can
seems like there are quite a few of us out there in the same boat!! I have spent the last couple of weeks looking on the web for advice but am not really sure what i should take in!

I have just missed my 2nd period this weekend. I am never late and have never missed a single period before let alone 2...I am 25, reasonably active/healthy, etc and things over the last 4 months have been the most stress-free and comfortable that they have been in years. I have done one HPT and one at the docs, they were both negative. I feel nauseous in the morning when i get up and also when i go to bed and i am lethargic. My last test was a week ago and my Dr told just me to wait and see over the next 2 weeks as my hCG levels may not be high enough to detect yet...can anyone advise when i should take the next test or what i should do next?...its heartbreaking when that cross doesn't appear isn't it! Thanks x
I am two weeks late and I have not been on any bc since my baby was born 4 months ago...
I took a test last week and it was neg. I remember it took a while for my test to come out positive with both my boys.  Any help?
Hi everyone.  I am 9 days late.  I should have started on August 13, 2005.  I have been TTC for 5 months now.  I have one 2 year old and desperately wanting a second.  I have taken numerous pregnancy tests, all negative.  I recently developed a yeast infection, which I have never had in my life.  I was told that sometimes a yeast infection can delay your period.  So, I need to get that cleared up and then if I don't start within 3 days aferward, I should go to the doctor and have them do a blood test.  I will be going in on Thursday this week to get that done.  I have also read that yeast infections are common in pregnant women.  So here I am all confused as to whether having a yeast infection is what is causing me not to start or whether it's because I am indeed pregnant and that's what caused me to get a yeast infection.  My periods are like clockwork and never this late.  Plus, I didn't start having a yeast infection until I was like already 5 days late and I am never that late.  Who knows. I am so confused.  I will let everybody know my outcome on Thursday.  Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Hey, my period came on July 21 & ended the 24th of July..I would say it was a regular period.  About two weeks later I started spotting.  It was a light brown blood.  I would say that lasted for about 6 days.  I was supposed to get my period again August 18th..but I`m 9 days late.  What should I do? Does anyone know what`s wrong?
Hi well i am 17 years old, I was suppose to get my period on august 4 well today is the 28th and still noting my back has hurt me and thats about it > My boyfriend got me a test and i took it and it came up neg what should I do, and my parents have no idea....i would be forced to get a abortion and I personally am completely against that and I would feel terrrible...PLease gimme advice...
Hi! I am also new to this site and looking for some help.I am 6 days late.I tooked 2 test and both came back negative.I don't want to stress about it.I haven't thought about my period at all till my boyfriend ask if I was pregnant.He told me I am looking fatter in the belly.Then he asked if I had my period and I haven't since the 27 of July.I get my peroid ever 28-30 days.So why is it late?!?!
Danielle17, I just want to say that NO ONE can FORCE you to have an abortion.
hi, i guess theres alot of us having the same problem. my last period was august 1st. My period has been coming earlier and earlier each month.ex.i got it may 11, june 8th, july 5th, august 1st. I was expecting it a few days b4 sept 1st. i still havent got it so it has been about 30 days since my last period. I took 4 tests - all negative. i was pregnant when i was 17 i am now 23. i got an abortion-which i regret but im hoping im preg. I have no signs of pregnancy besides getting tired from even laying around doing nothig. Ive been wanting to become pregnant for some time now and this is driving me nuts! i am never late snd i dont no whats going on. i was on birt control for 4 days in the beging of aug but stopped due to how bad it was. could that stop my period? help!! im getting so anxious

I have been off b/c since May and my husband and I have been trying to have a baby. In August I checked when my last period was and it was on August 8th so then I tracked when I should be ovulatting and it came to 26 or 27 of August so my husband and I try to make sure we tried alot during those days.
Then on September 4 I should have started and it is now September 10th and I have not started. I have taken 2 pregnancy test and they have both came out negetive. Should I be worried that I have not started and could I be pregnant even if the last two test came out negative?
Am I doing something wrong? Is it normal to skip a period after coming off the pill?

Confussed and worried
PonyExgirl.

List of birth-control medicine.

Hi everyone,
I am 4 days late and took 2 hpt and both neg. I am cramping like I am going to start any min. but still nothing. If I am pg I would only be 11 day at the most do you think I am testing to early?
I've been reading thru these and feel like some situations are like mine. My period is never late, every 33 days like a clock. Its currently three days late and while the chances of me being pregnant are super low, I can't stop freaking out about it. I took 2 HPT's and they both came out negative. But the nurse I talked to this morning at my gyn's said its probably because its too early to tell. My boyfriend and I were fooling around and got carried away. He inserted his penis in me one time and took it out. No ejaculation. I was a virgin before this and so I had a tiny amt of blood later when I used the bathroom. I am so nervous because we are not in the position to have a child and didnt ever intend on going this far until we get married. My nurse said if I still don't get my period by Friday to come in for a test. But I can't stop worrying and I'm afraid its making it worse.
With my 2nd child I was 2 weeks late.  I took 5 HPT and they all were negative.  I knew that I was pregnant and kept on persisting with Dr. that I was.  They ordered a blood test and it came back at a 2 which is not pregnant.  I told the nurse, I am late, boobs sore and I KNOW.  She said for me to wait another week and come back in that it could be to early to tell since my periods run an average of 35-40 day cycle.  I waited over a week and took a HPT and it was as positive as could be and then had more blood drawn and it was in the 900's.  I KNEW I was pregnant all along.  SO I ended up finding out 3 weeks past when my period was due.
If you periods run longer then 28 days you may not show a + test resuts for a few weeks since you ovulate later.
Good luck!!!
Hi, I'm new to this site and would appreciate any comments. Here's my story: My cycles are usually 28-29 days like clockwork. I have been undergoing fertility treatment off and on for the past year but even then my cycles are still pretty normal. My last period started on August 18th and I began another cycle of fertility.  Everything was going very smoothly, my egg production was great, my post coital was great. I was due to go back to the doctor on August 29th to take the HCG shot to induce ovulation but I am from the New Orleans area and hurricane Katrina came thru. I wasn't able to take the HCG. Today is now day 40 of my cycle and I have not gotten my period. I have felt crampy for the past two weeks. I have taken 4 HPT tests and all negative. I called the doctor's office and they said that I probably got screwed up from the stress and not completing my cycle but every day that goes by without my period, there is a small glimmer of hope. Am I just wishful thinking?
yes i trully understand.  I have also been trying to conceive.. have taken 3 pregnancy tests within a  day period and still no sign of my cycle.. i noticed pinkish discharge this morning and i am still wondering if i could be preg..... i dont know what my next step should be... i dont want  to be tooo anxious and not be pre once again
correction to my last email ...3 pregnancy test in a 7 day period
I hope you have a better outcome than me...I just found out that am not prego...got a very unwelcome visitor (AF). Back to the fertility. Oh well, maybe next time. Good luck!!

I want to say that I'm in the same boat as you.  However, I'm not exactly.  The hurricane is so upsetting even for those of us nowhere near it.  But it sounds like you have something else to think about at least.  I'd just recommend not thinking too hard about it (being/getting pregnant that is).  And forget about those HPTs.  I was 11 weeks along before I passed one with my first child.  I too am on day 40 and no sign of a period, trying to have my 2nd.  No cramps, no aches nothing.  But I think it's best to act pregnant...eat well, take vitamins.  

After reading what everyone is going through, I think we're all just thinking too hard about it and our bodies are playing tricks on us.  My advice to everyone would be to have lots of sex and enjoy it.  Wouldn't you hate to think that your baby was conceived while you thought about:
"ovulation", "charting", "temping", "sperm", etc.

I can't believe that while I was having sex with my husband I was totally imagining the sperm speeding ahead.  So I've decided to forget all about getting pregnant and "make love" to my husband instead of "make a baby" with my husband.  

A family friend tried to get pregnant for 8years and they told her it was impossible. After 8 years, she just accepted it and they just made love. Three children is what she has to prove the doctors wrong. I think if you just relax, it's more likely to happen. God knows when the right time is for us better than we do. Miracles and surprises happen.
Hi My name is Maria And I am six days late on my period. My Period comes on a 28 day cycle and i have never been late before. I haven't taken a hpt yet. Me and my fiance have been trying to get pregnant but the past six months nothing has happened so i just stopped trying and now i'm late! What should i do!
I am the internet junkie in the family so I read all the threads. Thank you all for your comments. My wife is 6 days late and 6 negative pregnancy tests. We all seem to be in the same boat but no one ever comes back and says what the Dr. says. When you ladies have your visits would you please update us. It would be helpful to know if the blood test showed that you were pregnant. Thanks
hi evry1...new to the site and have been reading all ur comments for the last 3weeks now..its all very weird for me asking sum1 for help but im guna give it a go -- i have 2 beautiful children and have also m/c twice so due to this had the mirena coil fitted! well it was ok for awhile but felt like i could try for another baby now so had coil removed 1st sept `o5.. well now to this date still had no period, 2 hpt come up neg am i being nieve thinking i cld fall straight away ? or does it take a while for periods to come back....can any1 advise me plz :)
I too am a little late; four days exactly.  I started testing at 12 days post ovuation because that's when I got a positive with my last pregancy.  Well five days later I still dont have anything.  There was a faint line on my pregnancy test this morning but I'm afraid that might just be an evaporation line since it didnt show up until twenty minutes after I tested.

I have been keeping track of my basal body temperatures for two years.  My temperatures are still way above my coverline and I take that as a good sign.  I have an appointment on Thursday with a new fertility doctor so hopefully he can give me some answers.

Good luck to everyone; it's comforting to know that I"m not the only one living in limbo.

pru
CD34
17DPO
I need help and fast...I am only sixteen and I have been with my boyfriend for a few years. a few weeks ago, when I was on my period, we had sex and without a condom...because i thought you couldn't get pregnant when on your period...but now i am six days late and i am always regular (every 28 days, to the hour.) I havent taken a test yet because i am not sure it has been long enough...is this normal, for a girl to be a few days late or should i try an EPT? please help me, i cannot confide this information in anyone........
alright! i understand wot ur goin thru...i was 17 when i fell pregnant with my first
but as to ur question u can get pregnant on a period as i did! if u are always regular..  there cld b a chance u have fallen pregnant but,, then again u might not have but i would take the test then u can try and sort urself out! as for not knowin when to take the test u can get tests that tell u the first day of ur missed period (if u are - try not to panic as im sure after the shock ur family and b/f will be fine ) like i said i was 17 and after i told the family they got used to it and my boy is 12 now and i wouldnt change a thing and my family love him to bits
hope thats an answer that might b good enuf 4 u  gd luck
Take a hpt.  They are accurate to take on the first day of your missed period so you could have taken one any day for the past 6 days.  They are very accurate and you can trust the results.  You can buy a 2-pack of "Answer" brand for $8-$9.

It is possible to get pg while having your period.  This is because sperm live inside your body for a few days after you have sex.  They are up there waiting by the time you ovulate after having your period.  It is not likely but definitely possible.

The stress of this whole ordeal is probably making you late, but take a test and go from there.
oh my goodness thank you all so very much for helping me and for the advice..I'll try to calm down and I am taking a test tomorrow morning.
Thanks soo much, once more!
Keep us posted!
hi can anyone tell me that what should i do ? usually i've problem of irregular periods, so on my FNP's advice i started
taking Birth Control Pills on 9th of SEP, but, stopped them
after taking them for 5 days ie. on 13th of SEP and that day
my periods stopped too, but, then again my periods heavily
started on 16th til 19th of SEP. but, lately since last 10 days
i started having severe menstrual pains and then symptoms like
nausea,sleeplessness during nights, extreme tiredness during
the day, frequent urination, hair loss, breast tenderness and the strange thing is - my PG test came Negative which i took at the clinic on 11th of OCT. another thing that bothers me is that i feel pretty much heaviness & stiffness in my lower abdomin (abdomen) with a thin brown coloured line starting from my naval piont
further going downwards. i also feel that there's something in
my stomach, well can anyone tell me that after how much time i
should take the PG test again ?

to jennie

i think you are pregnant because when i was pregnant with my first child i also had a brown line starting from my naval point going to my belly button.  it got darker as the months passed. i also felt the heaviness and stiffness in my lower abdomin (abdomen) mostly when i was sitting down or when i was driving.
okay last month i tried to take birth control, however, i was way too hormonal and always on edge. i began taking it the first day of my period (7/06) , and stopped 3 days into it. my period also stopped. then on 7/16 it started again only lasting a few days. well, i normaly get my period the second week of the month.  it is now the fourth week of the 8th month, and no period. i have been very bloated, tired, cranky, with tender breasts, and sharp pains in my abdomen (felt these pains the last time i was pregnant) SO..needles to say i took a pregnancy test but it came back negative. i took the prego test on 8/18 and still no period! what is going on?  
Ok....my hubby and I were actually trying to have a baby. I am late by 6 days...never been late. I took urine test and blood test...and both have been negative. I know this might sound gross...but I have clear vaginal discharge. It doesn't smell or make me itch. What should I do....please help im desperate thanks so much bee. My dr is no help..they want to jump start me...but that could hurt the baby if its in there....
is it possible to be pregnant but have a negative test result even after being 3 weeks late?
I just had a baby March 24th, my period came may 13, june 18, july 19, and now nothing... it's September 3rd.... I've been having unprotected intercourse with my hubby, I've never taken birth control.. I have 2 kids and both pregnancy tests that I took showed positive right away.. but now I've taken 2 and both came out negative... the brand was called "Answer".. got 2 tests in 1 box... I've never had irregular periods I've NEVER missed one for a whole month, I'm only 22 yrs old... been havin stress and did gain weight wit the last baby.... maybe thats it? I dunno... I get nausea and the discharge and I sleep in for no reason and am tired all day every day..... I dunno when to go to a doc ... any advice??
wow.  There are so many ppl in the same boat.  I am there too.  I have no advice for anyone, other than to wait it out and see.  That's what I'm doing.  I have one child already and are trying for my second and also had one m/c.  With both of my pregnancies, I noticed a pulse in my belly while laying on my stomach (that's how I sleep at night) and that was my "sure-fire" sign of pregnancy before ANY test could detect it for me.  I'm six days late right now, and also I've been checking my cervix which has been high and soft for....18 days on and off now.  It's only suppose to be high and soft when you're ovulating or pregnant...from what I've read so far anyway.  I have a dr. appointment on Oct. 3rd so I figure that if I'm STILL getting negative test by then, I can ask my dr. what's going on.   I understand why everyone's here and you all have posted to this site.  The waiting game is HORRIBLE.  Heck, I'm here too.  But really, if you are REALLY sure that you're pregnant and the test are telling you otherwise, go and see your dr.  If he's done a blood test, have him check your cervix...it should look different when you're pregnant...SHOULD.  And PLEASE don't stress about it as I know we all are because that can seriously affect our periods and our chances for achieving pregnancy.  And to all those that have had unprotected sex thinking they could "fool" the sperm by having sex during your period or pulling out or whatever, you won't be fooling anything but yourself.  LET US ALL KNOW YOUR OUTCOMES! I will try to remember to post mine here!
srry it continues to post my last posting.....
Still nothing yet.  I took a HPT yesterday (although probably very diluted) it came up BFN so I'm still waiting.  Thirteen days late...no period yet....cramping on and off, some light spotting two weeks ago (only showed some pink on toilet paper)...sore breasts on and off...very confused and hopeful! I will keep you all posted!!
I said I'd keep you all updated, whether you want it or not so here's my newest update.  I took another HPT last night, new brand for me called Accu-Clear by Walgreens.  I'm currently 20 days overdue for my AF with some cramping again in my abdomen and my lower back for the last couple days was very bothersome.  The HPT I took, showed a VERY EXTREMELY faint line during the time limit.  I was unsure if I was really seeing a line, so I tucked the test away.  This morning when I woke up, the line was definitely there.  And I KNOW you shouldn't read a test after ten minutes, BUT, I DID see a VERY faint line within the time limit...I swear I did.  So, I'm praying and hoping the test is a BFP.  I am still awaiting my doctor's appointment next Wednesday to be sure, but I'm so excited because I have a good feeling I really DID see that line last night as the test was working! I will again continue to let everyone know if I indeed am pregnant!! And please, let me know your outcomes...
Well, I have another update.  I got my AF last night. :( Maybe it's just a little bleeding, as it's not been that heavy, but I also took another HPT this morning, first thing, and it is negative.  So, I'll just wait and talk with my doctor and follow the advice he gives me.  Hope you all are getting your prayers answered!
hey!! im 17 and i'm 7days late.i've taken 3 pregnancy test(on the 3rd and 4th day of my missed period and today) it all came back negative. i've always had a regular period..my bf and i did not use a condom during intercouse but he redrawn before ejaculation..is there a chance by anyhow i'm pregnant? i haven't had any symptoms so far.should i wait a little longer to take another pregnancy test?
Withdrawing before ejac. doesn't constitute as birth control.  Men usually have a pre-*** (sorry to be so blunt) so before they actually finish, they've already implanted their sperm into you.  So, in my opinion, yes you very well could be pregnant.  You should ALWAYS use a condom if you aren't planning to get pregnant or use SOME sort of BC.  I think that's a given these days and should be considered commen sense.  If you're not using it, you are being irresponsible and immature.
COMMON sense not commen...sorry for the misspell...
Hello! Ah to start, to comment on the teenagers that have posted on here ahead of me. You really REALLY need to know the exact date of your period if you are going to have sex which means birth control pills. If your parents are against it talk privately to your doctor about it and chalk it up to having really bad periods. If you are later than normal as a teenager it is kinda normal to not have a regular period. If you are real late and the tests are coming up negative go to a doctor, and talk to your mother. She may be more understanding than you think. OKAY! On to my problem. I was suppose to start my period last wednesday and I am 5 days late. I am never never late, even when I stopped birthcontrol once before I was not this late. I took a test on friday and it came back negative. Would a yeast infection have an effect on that outcome? It developed thursday and was in full  mode friday. I plan on taking another test wednesday or thursday if my period does not come. But I do need some advice.  Thanks
Update: The yeast infection is gone and I took two more pregnancy tests. Still negative. I still have not had my period and still getting acid reflux or stomach issues everyday. I called my ob-gyn and the nurse set up an appointment for me. She wasn't able to really tell me what she thought was wrong. So November 2nd I go in. Well that is if my period doesn't start by then.
Another update: Bumpped up my doctors appt to monday and went in. Still negative on the pregnancy test front. They believe that stressed caused me to miss ovulation all together. So I am on pills for 10 days to get my period going once they are at an end. If it doesn't start then I have to take another pregnancy test. >.< I'm just wondering right now why is it my breasts hurt, and why have I been getting such bad acid reflux to where it feels like I am going to vomit.
7 YRS SEEMS LIKE A LONG TIME TO HAVE THE DEPO. I HAD MY DEPO INSERTED IN 2001 AFTER MY SON WAS 5 MONTHS OLD AND DECIDED TO GET  STOP GETTING THE SHOT IN 2003.IT SEEMED LIKE FOREVER, WHEN IN DEC. OF 2005 I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT WITH MY NOW 14 MONTH OLD SON. I GUESS IT JUST DEPENDS ON THE INDIVIDUAL. BUT MY ADVISE TO U IS, DON'T TRY TO GET PREGNANT,WHEN U DON'T THINK ABOUT IT, IT HAPPENS.WHAT U END UP DOING IS STRESSING ABOUT GETTING PREGNANT.
HELP!  I'm just 18 and 11 days late on my period, i havent been on the pill, i took a clear response HPT and it was negative, when do you think i should go to my doctors?

Also, the guy i'm seeing, (who if i was pregnant would be the dad) says if i am he would either hang himself or move to another, how do i handle him? he's a grown man of 35 with 4 children already so i was hoping he could reassure me, it's not as if either of us planned it,

would be very grateful for the advice xxx
k...im 21 and a mother of 1, af b 4 last was HEAVY, so heavy that i had to go to the er...the next period was 4 days late and brite red and only lasted for 3 days...now i am late for my current period, i keep on getting negative tests! ive had very little signs of pg like i cant smell certain foods, i get nausea if i do. i gag when i gargle or brush my teeth. i dont know!! the nurse at my clinic always laughs at me when i go in to do tests, so i really dont want to go back, but i kinda do cuzz if i am, then i can laugh at her, lol. if someone can help, please do!!!!pleaaase this is driving me nuts!! i am going to retest on the 23rd...
many thanxx, best wishes, and baby dust,
-alili-
Hi, I am 27 and ttc! I am on metformin 3 times a day and clomid days 5-9 of cycle. My af has been coming regularly for the past 4-5 months since i started using the metformin w/ clomid. It is currently 6 days late. My lmp was october 12th. im on a 30 day cycle. I took a test a few days before missing my cycle and it was neg. I took another on wed morning and bfn! i took one tonight and again bfn!!!!!

My hubby thinks i am pregnant! i am having a hard time believing its possible. Although i have found lots of sights where people have the same problem. I was looking to see what else might be wrong and it all comes up with pregnancy stuff.

there have been more days than not when i seriously thought i had my cycle and went to check and it wasnt there. I WANT TO BE PREGNANT! however id rather get my period than keep wondering of something is wrong! can i truly be pregnant? anything will help!!! thank you
k...its me again, just wanted to update, this tiome i got my period on time, but it only lasted like 3 days...now its gone, and i d k what to think...
ok my period is iregular. last month oct. i got it the 18th lasted for 5-7days. Iv been having unprotected sex. He has gone inside me everytime.Last time we had sex was nov.14th. I got what i thought was my period the 18th of nov. lasted less than 2days. three days later i got a drop of some pinkiesh stuff. i took a preg. test and it came out neg. idk wat to think. could i still be pregnant and its juss to early to tell because we had sex 4days before my so called period??? help.. should i worry. im having preg. symptoms still....
It may be possible that you are pregnant!  Take an early pregnancy test, just to make sure, and I hope that you are:)  It may be that your cycle will just keep coming a few days later than before though, until your body is adjusted from being off the pill.  Remember that a light cycle can still be a pregnancy, as long as it's not normal for you & you have something to go by with comparing your previous months.  Good luck to you and take care...
Hi I am late also! I am 23-26 days like clockwork. (I kept track all year.) I am at 34 days now (Tues 12/4) & no signs of period. Just breast tenderness off & on. Took HPT last night & it was negative. My doctor's nurse says it's normal to get a late period or even skip a cycle. While this may be true for some, it's not normal for me. I have never had a cycle past 29 days. Ever. I'm 32. It's just very unusual for me. I'm not under any stress (until now) Although I would be happy if I was pregnant:) Can it still be possible? The nurse says not likely. I made an appointment for later in the month since I'm overdue for my yearly anyway.
Thanks:)
I did it again...answering an old post that is 2 years old, but at least I gave a general answer that would apply to the rest of you:)  I would say to test when you expect your normal cycle, if you happen to be regular.  Whether you get it now or later on, it should still show up to test positive when it should...if you are in fact preggo.  Take care and good luck to all of you!
i am extremely frustrated. i had just and only ONE depo shot in Sept.2006. then decided we wanted to try get pregnant... It mucked me up a bit but recently my periods settled into a 39 day cycle, which is still long, but it was exactly 39 days for 3 consecutive cycles. Anyway, this cycle, I am on day 51 and no period and no SIGN of period coming in the next few days (always get breast tenderness and cramps one week before)... Also no other signs of being pregnant. i havent taken a test because i have spend SOO much money on wasted tests and i dont want to waste another $10 if i have absolutely NO other symptoms at all. Such a joke.  Also, last time i was in with the GP, he said he wouldnt suggest any medical assistance in trying for a baby because I am 22 (but responsible, married with a mortgage etc) and NOT 35! I dont think it was right for him at all to imply that 35 was a better age to be getting assistance than 22 as I have a strong desire to have all my children BEFORE i am 30 and it is MY and My Husbands decision, not his. I am so confused as to where to go from here.  We havent been stressing about getting pregnant either as i have resolved myself to the fact that it probably wont happen.
I'm 6 days late, pregnancy test negative. I have to go to the clinic and a blood test today. I'm never late usually early. started trying in sept. I'm just waiting. I have tender breasts, tired, I had a nurse tell me she thinks I will start period soon. I just don't fell it will. Ineed a postive test or start my period. It's frustrating. Thanks For Reading
I went in on friday for the blood test it was negative. Today is Sunday and I took a home pregnancy test and it was positive. I was shocked I had my husband look at it, I tought I was seeing thinks but he said their is a very faint pink line. I'm so excited I'll go see my doctor on Monday. Good Luck to Everyone, BABY DUST!!!
Okay, So I need any responses or past experience from anyone out there in a similar situation as me...

For the past 6 months or so, I've been fudging on the Pill and not being 100% good with it, but that is okay, as me and my hubby have decided to go off the pill as of this last cycle.  I tried during the most fertile times, twice daily. ;o)  

My LMP was on Xmas 2007, as of the 22nd of Jan., I am late.  I've taken 2 HPT's and 1 at the Dr., all negative.  The Dr. wrote the whole thing off and told me that it was neg. and that I should try again, it hurt to hear that the test was neg., but I still FEEL the same, so this did not ease my mind.  

My body feels different than it ever has, I am so nauseas, cramping & pains without bleeding, tired, loss of appetite, cranky and breast soreness... and my lower abdomen feels firm, almost constricting like I'd been doing stomach crunches, but not.  As mentioned, I feel like I never have before, almost like I'm about to start, and then nothing.

I'd love to be pregnant, though I guess I should almost wait it out until Tues. or Wed. of next week and do a blood test?  Any help or advice from people who have been in this position would be greatly appreciated.
Most books will tell you that it after you go off the pill you may begin ovulating right away (I did when I conceived my son) or it may take even up to a few years to return to normal.  I had a friend whose first cycle off the pill was about 50-60 days long, and then she conceived the next cycle.

First, for anyone coming off the pill and TTC, I would make sure you are ovulating.  All women TTC should buy Toni Weschler's book Taking Charge of Your Fertility and read it cover to cover.  Even if you're not TTC, it's extremely important education about your cycles and when you're fertile.  You can chart your temperature (described in the book), check your cervical fluid, or buy ovulation predictor kits.  Last month I found one that has 20 tests in it, which is perfect for women with irregular or unknown cycles.  

To your situation specifically, you say that you "tried during the most fertile times" but I'm not sure what that means.  Were you just trying around day 14, or did you know from cervical fluid and/or OPKs that you were fertile?  If you know you did ovulate and you have all those symptoms, I would take heart from some of the posts on here from people who were pregnant and didn't test positive until many weeks in (I'm also testing negative but feel pregnant).  If you're not sure that you ovulated, well, wait and see.  Which leads to my next thought...

When I first went off the pill, I did start ovulating right away but I wasn't TTC.  I actually was feeling so lousy that I had a complete allergy workup done.  I was totally not myself, exhausted, and could barely lift myself off the couch whenever I was home, for about a month.  And then it passed.  All the allergy results were negative, and the only thing I conclude after the fact was that after 10 years on the pill my body just needed to go through a huge adjustment.

Hope this helps.  I am a mere one day late at 14 DPO, but more importantly my luteal phase is a day longer than usual, and that's quite rare for me.  With my son I tested positive at 11 DPO, but so far nothing for me this time.  We conceived in November the first month we tried, but I miscarried on day 14, the day after I tested positive.  The last two cycles now my body has just been getting back to normal.  My temperature was still high this morning.  If my temp stays high for 2 more days I'll be certain I'm pregnant, regardless of the HPTs.
My period is late by 5 days.  I am getting extremly nervous because I had unprotected sex.  I took a HPT today and it came out negative but Im still extremly nervous.  How long should I wait to take another HPT or go to the DR?
I am 25 years old and no children yet, have been off of the pill since july august of 08.  I am now 4 days late on period and my husband and i are trying for a baby.  I am usually on a 32 day cycle.  I took 3 test one today and 2 in the last 4 days, all negative. My husband says i feel open inside and wetter than usual.  I really don't have any symptoms of period or pregnancy, except my lower left side of back ached off and on for 4 or 5 days now. I wonder if it's possible that i am preg. but testing too soon. Has anyone out there been pregnant after testing 4-5 days after late period?
im new to this but i need some answers! i am now almost a month and a half late. I have had irregular periods before but only after coming off BC. I have had a few cravings for this i usually dont eat and im gaining wait. Ive taken several Hpts and they've came back negative. Im also having breast tenderness and fatigue! Can anyone help!?
I appreciate knowing that there are so many people in my same situation.  My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for five months.  I've always started my period on day 28.  So, I was so excited when I didn't get my period by day 29...but it was a negative pregnancy test.  Meanwhile, I had so much pressure, bloating and cramping, I just wanted to start already.  We went to the dr. on day 31 (and he pretty much made us feel stupid that we were there already to get tested) and it was another negative pregnancy test.  He suggested that sometimes it takes two missed periods before the test is positive?! Is that true?! I have never in my life missed a period...Never.  Anyway, I will keep everyone posted.  I've been reading this thread and wondering how it turned out for all of you...hope you are enjoying your babies and all these negative tests were WRONG (that is if you wanted to be pregnant). Hoping for a miracle....  
so ive been on bc for about 4 years now, no problems until i had to get off because my clinic wasnt open that day. so i was on my period for the normal time. (5 days) well when i was going to get back on it waiting for my period to come around again as it normaly does, it didnt, i wasnt to worried, because i know you can have irregular periods and when you stop taking somthing to tell your body when to start, it can mess you up quit a bit. well this waiting has turned into about 4 months. ive taken testes and they all say negitive, and this last week i thought i got my period, but it only lasted a day, ive read about poeple mistaking peroids for only spotting. i want to take a blood test but if i do that i might lose where im living with no job and no way to turn to anyone if i would to be pregnant . i dont know what to do. help
Hey all! I posted on here back in 2007 quite a few times.  I had very late periods, cramping, all that.  The faint lines I saw, were in fact a pregnancy, which I unfortunately lost.  i became pregnant again the following month and lost that one too.  I then saw a fertility specialist who confirmed I had hypothyroidism.  I took meds which ended up in a wonderful pregnancy and birth of my second child a year ago.  HOWEVER, I've since learned, hypothyroidism can be corrected without meds.  If anyone is interested, please PLEASE read a book called "What your doctor may not tell you about menopause" by John R. Lee, MD.  Whether you are in premenopause or menopause itself, READ THIS BOOK. It is a MUST READ for every woman out there.  I have nothing to gain by you reading this book.  I've slowly been correcting my hypothyroidism simply by adding things to, and changing areas of my diet.  Very cool.  Wish I'd have known about this back in 2007 when I was having troubles getting pregnant.  I wish for you all to receive the blessings you have been given,do your research!!!
Btw, this sounds very much like things in the book in my previous posting.  My periods were ALWAYS late.  I now take a wonderful, whole food supplement that corrected my periods along with a better diet.  And hypothyroidism causes your periods to be messed up.  I used to only get mine once every five months.  But like I said, I corrected it with my supplement and diet change.  A LOT for me has changed since reading that book and taking my supplements.   I KNOW it will do you good.  Good luck!
i have not started my period for a month and i dont take any kind of birth control or any thing i dont know what is wrong if anyone has gone throgh this please send me a message to trish.***@**** please i need to know something im so confused and down..please if anyone know anything contact me soon..thanks
Hey ladies.. Looks like we're all stuck in similar situations lol. So like u guys I'm a week late for my period, my breasts are noticably larger & tender to the touch, I'm having some nausea, cramps, headaches, abdominal pains tightness & bloating, extreme hunger, fatigue but also some sleeplesness through the night, I've been very moody, extremely happy one minute angry the next & crying over little things, I have constipation sometimes diarrhea others & constant need to pee.. Soo I really do think I am & pray I am.. Me & hubby have been trying for months now.. Anyone has any advice please let me know(: & I will definitely let all u ladies know what happens with me(: good luck to all of u(:
Hi all,

I had laporoscopy and D&C on 4th June 2010 for paraovarian cyst..after that got my first menses on 3rd JUly'10..we ttc in July-august..normally my cycle is 30-32 days and its been one week late..however 2HPT's and one blood test has been negative..today is 40th day and still no periods..doc askd me to wait for my cycle..looking at above ppl case i feel i should still be positive since many of u tested positv as late as 3 weeks late!!! wish me luck...
I know these posts are old and I'd love to hear what happened.  I'm 4 weeks late, period has been relatively normal, at least once a month. Fertility issues run in my family with my aunts and cousins, however my mom never had issues. I'm 28 and have been unprotected sex for the last 5 years(with my hubby).  We got married almost 2 years ago and have been trying.  Now I'm 4 weeks late with at least 6 negatives test. Very emotional but no symptoms.  Any hope I'm prego?!? Please advise,I owe my Doctor $ for ex-rays, can't go until I pay them, help!
Hi, I am 9 days late..I still have negative hpt..My hubby and I are ttc for the last 9 months...Could it be possible for me to be pregnant after a negative hpt with 9 days missed periods?actually after my last period until today I have not  my pms, which i think is good, cause before i knew that i'll be having my period because 7 to 10 days before having it i constantly have my pms very badly..Please help!!!
hi ladies!!! first time here :)

i am 20, my last period started Dec.17,2010 and was over by the 22.
my period are regular they may be off by up to 4days and i have cycles of 30days
have not yet gotten my period i took 3home test and they came out negative...
i have had some spotting from brownish to pinkish, my breast are tender like never before not even before i get my period. i mean tender by not being firm their a little soar and around my nipples the color has not gotten any darker...

i dont know whats going on!! this has never happend before...ive heard a lot about the story of a girl who had negative blood and pee test till after 15weeks pregnant she found out by an ultra sound.

HELP!!!
i appreciate it!
hello. same thing over here. I always get my period on the same date or a day after, but its normal for me. it has always been like that. now am 5 days late, have taken 2 tests and they're negative. i have been tryinq to get preg 7 months and nothing. I am a diabetic and got a tst done couple weeks ago and im perfecrly fine. I can have kids. the dr gold me the only thing was that wen I ovulate instead of releasing the necessary amount of eggs I was keeping more than I should. he said the only problm w.that is that weneer I get preg. its deff gonna be w.more than one bby at a time. I seriously dont mind. any suggestions tipz or comments??
Hai.. Iam 2 months late period i took 10 urine test all r negative .. Still is there any chance of getting pregnant? If not y i didnt get my periods ? My periods r usually regular..