Maternal & Child Community
Late period, two tests negative
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Late period, two tests negative

Hey guys,

My period is currently 25 days late. I usually have a cycle of about 38 days, and I'm pretty irregular, so at first I thought I was just late. I havent skipped a period since I was 12, and I turn 19 in one week. I've NEVER had unprotected sex, my boyfriend and I always used a condom, and he would always pull out. Also, he would run water in the condoms to make sure that there weren't any holes. we were kinda obsessive about it, which is why I don't think I'm pregnant. I took two tests two weeks ago, and I'm probably going to take more next weekend. I'm in college, so I don't have a car, so I can't get to a doctor's to have a blood test. I can't really turn to my parents about it because they don't know I have sex and would not approve.
Basically, I'm wondering if this has ever happened to someone else. Have any of you had your period be so late before without being pregnant? Also, what should I do if these next tests come up negative? If I'm not pregnant, something else is wrong with me, right? I won't be home for another month, and even then I would be afraid to go to my family doctor because I would be afraid he would tell my parents.

Please help,

Anna