Maternal & Child Community
Leaking Amniotic Fluid - how does one know

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I am 32 weeks and often wear a pantyliner because I feel like i am leaking something. I have had many u/s and they never said I had too little amniotic fluid and if anything, I had a lot. lately, I feel like I am wet alot of the time down there (sorry about TMI). I live in California and it is ove 100 degrees here so I wonder if I am just sweating between my legs etc. How would I know if it was not just sweat or urine? I feel like a pain calling my doctor as I call alot and worry alot. I also feel alittle wet when I wake up in the morning. Again, I do sweat at night too.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
It's normal to have an increase in discharge too, it's so hard at the end because you feel wet all the time.  When my water broke it was a gush, but if you are noticing a continuus trickle then you should call your Dr. ASAP.
Best way to tell if your water is leaking is.... put a pad/ pantyliner on, lay down for a hr. If when you get up after the hour you feel fluid trickling out then it sounds like your water is pooling in which case you would need to go to L&D. I'm 35wks now and I'm wet all the time.... its either discharge, pee, or sweat. I get them all down below. But I've had more u/s than I can count and my fluid is always wonderful. So what you are experiencing is not uncommon.
Wow, I am so glad you asked this, because I was just about to.   I am 24 1/2 wks and the past week or so, I feel like I am leaking after I go pee.  I wipe it is completely dry then get up, start walking around and my underwear get completely wet.  Do you guys think it is just left over urine?!?  I tried to smell it...gross I know...and it didnt smell like urine, but it really concerns me.
Sounds like urine. Depending on the concentration of your urine it can have little to know smell.
i leaked my amniotic fluid over three days with me dd, the drs assured me it was pee (they were wrong) but whenever i would sit down for 10-20 mins or longer and i would stand up it would trickle out, it didnt feel or smell like pee, it really had no smell at all, and each of those three days when i woke up in the morning i would feel a bit of a gush, but not nearly like i thought it would be when my water broke, if your concerned run by your drs office and have them check if its amnio again,

i did go into the drs a few times thinking that my water had broken before it actually did ......and i did in fact pee myself a few times (im 31 weeks now, and unfortunatly ive already started to leak pee, oh its fun to be pregnant isnt it?)

so more then likely its pee, whether it feels like your going or not, they say contractions begin within 12 hours after your water breaks, but unfortunatly if yours is leaking out then they may not (mine didnt)
My amniotic fluid sprung a leak w/my last two children.  I walked around like that for a couple of days, and just went to my normal scheduled appt.  when it came around since the appt's were weekly at that point.  I told the dr. my water was leaking, and he ran a sample under a slide.  Both times, I was immediately sent to L&D, induced, and gave birth vaginally.  

It was obviously water.  I had to change clothes sometimes.  It wasn't a ton, just a steady stream.  Very clear, very thin.  
Thank you guys. I ended up calling my OB and she said to lay down in a cool place for a while. I did that and was fine. Last night I also changed what I wore to bed. I guess it is just so fricken hot in CA and I am sweating and leaking urine. I am glad to know that you all are out there and have similar issues from time to time.
Lately I have been having a discharge of whitish fluid.  It is mostly noticible when i clean myself after I use the bathroom.  It doesnt have any horrible smell, but i do feel wet at times. Should i be worried or is this just usual vaginal discharge because of the pregnancy

20 weeks pregnant