Maternal & Child Community
Leaking Amniotic Fluid?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Leaking Amniotic Fluid?

How would you know if you were slowly leaking amniotic fluid?  This seems to be a fear of mine this pregnancy since my first I was leaking around the 34th week.  I am 21 weeks now and at my appt. on Monday my fluid levels were normal.  But, I feel like I have more wetness and discharge than normal.  I am leaving for vacation for 4 days and I am just curious if I should worry at this point.
If you were checked & said you were fine then I would'nt worry.When I was  pg with d/s, I had so much discharge I had to wear thin maxi's.When I did go into labor my water did break & whew,it was alot.Strange things happen when your preg.You just have to roll with it.If your still concerned get cheacked out again.With my d/d I was told my water had broke.What I did'nt even feel it?Well,it turnes out she was way low & all my fluid was behind.So stop stressing & have fun!nanis
I thought they had a paper strip that you could wipe on liquid to test to see if it was amniotic fluid, or am I dreaming? I seem to remember it was kind of like a litmus test....
Hi wasnt sure to post this but here goes, i was 16 weeks pg when i started bleeding passing clots, any how bleeding slowed but ner=ver stopped, well at 19+3 i felt wetness like i was peeing myself, or bleeding, but no blood, 19+4 my nightmare was confirmed all amnoitic fluid had gone and was going to miscarry. My baby was born the next day im glad I didnt make the decision.  I have heard tho, if only some fluid is lost it can come back, drink lots of water, ask google "losing amniotic fluid"  BED REST CAN ALSO BE A CURE.  TAKE IT EASY AS YOUR BABY IS STILL VERY YOUNG AND LONGER INSIDE THE BETTER. :)  GOOD LUCK, LET ME KNOW HOW YOU GET ON  XX ***@****
When I was 16 weeks pregnant, I got out of the bath tub and I felt a gush of fluid. Then another gush. I knew that something was wrong so, I went to my Dr. and he confirmed that I was leaking amniotic fluid. I was so upset because the outlook was not good. I ended up going back to the doctor the next night because I the leaking continued and I was cramping. The doctors told me that I had below a 5% chance of carrying the baby to term. The doctors had done all that they could do for me at this early stage. So, all of a sudden faith like I had never known kicked in. I prayed to the Lord not to take my baby. I prayed night and day, and I believed. I had people all over my small town praying for me and the baby. My uncle who is a preacher came and said a prayer over me and the baby. They next day, I went back to the Dr. for a routine check-up and there was no more leakage. Where the doctors stopped, the Lord came into play. It is the most helpless feeling to feel like there is nothing that can be done. But me and my baby boy are proof that miracles do happen if you just believe. What the Lord did for me he can and wll do for you. I just hope that everyone who reads this gets a blessing like I did.