Maternal & Child Community
Leaking Fluid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Leaking Fluid

I am 24 weeks and I am nervous that I am leaking amniotic fluid.  There is not a lot of fluid, but it is clear.  What are the signs and circumstances of leaking amniotic fluid.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you are concerned with leaking amniotic fluid, or any fluid leaking during pregnancy, you should contact your dr. immediately, especially you when say there is "alot".  It may be nothing serious, but, your dr. should be the only one to determine this when there is a concern on your part.  (this is the advise my dr. gave me two days ago at my 21 week check-up.)  

Please let us know how you are doing.
one thing many girls here have said is smell it. aometimes it can be urine which smells like amonia (ammonia) or sweat. usually(not always) amniotic fluid smells sweet.

i would call the doctor to be certain, after all, that's why they meake the big bucks right?!
My doctor is a total jerk and I hate to call him for anything at all.......but this was one thing he was very very insistant on! He told me to always call if I had a hunch that I was leaking fluid because there is such a huge risk of infection. I thought I was a couple weeks ago and it turned out to be nothing, but even he said better safe than sorry! :) (And he's a real @ss...usually makes you feel totally stupid)
I agree with everyone else, call your dr ASAP!!
Hello Everyone! I feel too embarassed to ask anyone else. Sooo, here it goes. I am 28 weeks and 1 day pregnant. Me and my fiance barely ever have sex, and we decided to for the first time in weeks lastnight. I had no bleeding or anything afterward, so I went right to bed. This morning I woke up and as soon as I stood up clear liquid ran down my leg. It wasn't a whole lot, but it's enough to worry me. I went to go pee, and there was some spotting. I was going to call my DR but the more I thought about it..I figured logically she would tell me it was probably my fiance's semen..and the spotting was from having sex. It could be, im not doubting that..I'm just extremely nervous that it might be amnotic fluid or something?! I would of called ASAP if I wouldn't of had sex..but I just figured that they would tell me it was from him and having sex. AHHH. it drives me insane. It's night now, and I haven't had any problems since then. But still...I'm still nervous about it all. Just please let me know what you think!