Level of HCG went down, but today we saw heartbeat
Hi! At 4w3d I had an HCG level of 914, which my doctor considered low. At 5w5d I had 1980 and two days later, at 6w it LOWERED to 1950.  Today with 6w5d I had and ultrasound and we where able to see the heartbeat of the baby, however the fetal heart rate is low at 115 beats per minute. They also noted a moderate sized subchorionic hemorrhage, but my doctor is not worried about that.   I
i would think it would be possible for your hcg to go down if maybe there was a twin you didn't know about that maybe didn't make it.  seeing a heartbeat is a good thing.  i'm sure they'll measure the subchorionic hemmorhage during the next u/s and see how the little one's doing.  good luck and don't give up hope.
I am not sure 115 is all that low a heartrate.  You can find various embryo heartrate charts online, some of which would indicate that is slightly low and others of which say it's in the normal range.  Good luck!
Could be you had twins!! Hope everything works out for you!!! Good luck!!!!!!
I agree tha "vanishing twin syndrome" is a good explanation. There are also a small number of women whose hcg stays low the whole pg, and they deliver normal babies. The heartbeat is a good sign, but not a guarantee sorry to say. Good luck and keep us posted.
don't worry try to stay positive i monitored my own own hcg and they went down from 5/23 100,151 to 95,434 on 6/5 had an u/s on 6/7 and saw the baby with a hb of 172, just be prayerful and GOD will do whats best,  i'll keep you in my prayers i'm currently 10w1d. much sticky baby dust to you.
Thanks a lot for all your comments!!  I still have to wait 2 weeks for my u/s, but I'll keep you posted :)
Oh hun got my fingers tightly crossed for you and baby! :D Hope all goes well. get lots of rest and look after yourselves. :)
Loved that sticky baby dust gift!! Good luck to you too...and tons of sticky baby dust!!! Thanks a lot to everybody!
I am very concerned. On Sunday there was a heart beat and some bleeding from the pregnancy. That was all the OB said. He put me on progesterone suppositories for brown discharge. My Hcg was 1870 then 1940 and today 1740. Is there any hope for a viable full term pregnancy? I go back in 2 days for more blood work and ultrasound. I can't stop crying. Liz
Had a m/c this week. Hcg went down and 2nd ultrasound showed no heartbeat anymore. I knew it was a possibility but boy I cried. If Dr wants to wait to 2weeks to do an U/S be sure to get regular Hcg levels (2x per week). Are you on progesterone supps and have you been tested for a possible UTI. I had both.
Good Luck.