Maternal & Child Community
Levels doubling every 5 days

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Levels doubling every 5 days

I should be 8 weeks tomorrow. My hcg levels on 6/11 were 1680 and on 6/20 4800. The doc doesn't sound hopeful. U/s on Tuesday but I was wondering if this sounds ectopic? I did have bleeding for 6 days and my lower back has been dull and achy... Coming and going. I'm sick of waiting. Either way, I would just like an answer
4800 is what it should be around 5-6 weeks but I don't know if your level would of gotten that high if its ectopic. If it possible that you just aren't as far along as you think? I had a lot of lower back pain in the very beginning of my last pregnancy and everything was just fine.  Are you having any other symptoms of an ectopic pregnancy? Bleeding? Sharp abdominal pain?
Yes, I did have bleeding (thick, mucus like with some clotting) which prompted the trip to the ER on 6/11 but they did not see anything on the trans v u/s, at that time I would have been 6 weeks 3 days. No heartbeat was found either. I had cramping for a couple of weeks but it was not painful, more just a tight uncomfortable feeling in the lower abdominal area which I guess has moved to my back. My mom suggested they are contractions. With my first son, 13 yrs ago, I didn't have a single contraction so I have no reference. I have had cramping in my groin area, which is weird. My breasts were sore, i was moody, sleepy hungry before the er trip. After a few days i just didnt feel preggers anymore. My breasts are tender again now but not painfully sore like they were. i have also been told I have a high tolerance for pain... I don't know what to think. I'm just ready to either be or not be! Even if I am not as far a long, for the levels to only double every 5 days does not seem normal.
Yeah it probably isn't promising with the additional symptoms. I wish you the best of luck and if it is ectopic that you go on to get pregnant again and have a healthy pregnancy.