Lh surge and HCG injections
Ok ladies, I need some help! I finally got a surge on Friday night, so I took my HCG injection. I know that these shots can cause a false positive, so my question is do any of you know when I should be able to take a test.

Background is

LMP 12/27/05
26 day cycle
LH surge on 01/06/06, and HCG injection that night'

Any help, I would greatly appreciate! Have a blessed day!
i am in an ivf program. I took the hcg shot the night before I had my eggg retrieval. i had my egg retrieved on 12/14 and it was tranferred back to me on 12/17.   my dr. said that it should be about 2 weeks to determine if the pregnancy was successful.  so, i waited 2 weeks exactly from 12/17... thank God that it was a positive pregancy. the day after my retrieval, I started  on my progesterone shots (1ml/ daily) + estradiol medication +aspirin + prenatal vit. on 12/28, i had my blood test taken, my hormone level was at 436 and 2 days later it jumped to 1316. since then, I have not taken any more blood tests.  I am a little bit paranoid bc sometimes, I wonder if I am still pregnant.  maybe, it is too soon, but I've noticed that my belly is becoming "rounder" and I always feel that there is something going on down there.... a feeling of something "fluttering".... who knows.  I have wait all this week for my first ultrasound.  by then, it has been exactly 30 days since my retrieval. i am very excited... I cant wait for next monday... I am sure that all is well... by then, my baby will be 2 months old.

ps. sorry, i kinda went off track from your question to my situation.  I wish you well.
I have read that depending on how much hcg you injected, it can take 5-12 dpo before you can get an accurate pg test.  I would wait at least 14 dpo and then test.  If it is positive, your doctor will probably do blood test 48 hours apart to see if your hcg level is going up (+ test due to pg) or down (+ test due to hcg shot).  Hope this helps!
hi there:  it really depends on you, meaning your age, med hx, etc and it also depends on what your dr. says.  for me, my first ivf was in 1999 and I was 28 when I started the process and by the time, I had Emily, I turned 29 (nov 99).  dr. only implanted 2 embryos and only one survived (obviously). sometimes 2 is enough, but sometimes you just never know.

This is my 2nd time around.  now that I am 35, my dr. decided to transfer 3 embryos. i am excited to find out how much made it.... i will keep you posted.  

best of luck to you and bf.....
How many embryos were implanted?  I know you say you'll be going to have an ultrasound soon...my bf and I have been talking and he says when we start IVF he only wants 2 embryos implanted.  What are the odds?  I'm worried that maybe 2 is not enough.
Hi, I am in Sydney and here clinics are limited to only 2 being transfered (I know because I tried to convince my dr to put in more!).  If you are young they will try first with only 1.  I am 38 so they have been putting in two (I have had 4 goes with no luck so far).  Will be trying again in about a month. Last month had a m/c.  Great to be part of the postings - hope you don't mind that I am from over the ocean but there aren't many support groups in Australia that I have found.