Maternal & Child Community
Life after Miscarriage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Life after Miscarriage

Hi Everybody,

I went to the doctor on Friday and got some incredibly horrible news. I was supposed to be 12 weeks pregnant, but on the u/s was a 9 week fetus with no heartbeat. We'd seen the heartbeat at 7 weeks so when I hit 12 weeks I thought I was out of the woods. Dr. said I had a "missed miscarriage" meaning the baby died at 9 weeks but my body still thought it was pregnant. Friday morning I had started spotting and Saturday I started heavy cramping and bleeding and have miscarried. I am completely devistated. It took 3 years to achieve this pregnancy and I'm terrified I won't be able to get pregnant again. I'd really like to hear from people who have experienced this. How long before you can function again? I can't work, can't laugh, can't stand watching TV because there seem to be a baby or pregnant women in almost every commercial or TV show. can't go to the mall without weeping at the sign of strollers.Seems like I can't do anything that doesn't make me burst out in tears. Is this normal? I feel like such a failure. Also, how long is the bleeding supposed to last- anyone know?

Stacie
Hi, I just miscarried(2nd time)last thursday at 8 weeks pregnant, they had seen the heartbeat the prior sunday.  I too am very upset, I am only having slight bleeding(a few drops per day) at this point. No one responded to my posting so I had no idea what to expect, please let me know how you are doing. Hopefully no cramps or fever. Take it easy,get rest and lots of fluid they told me.
I has a missed m/c in 2000. I had just gotten married and the baby was our "honeymoon" baby. I had told anyone who would listen about the pg. Then 5 days after my b-day I found out the same thing. The baby stopped developing 2+ weeks before and it was over. After having the d&c I cried for weeks. I got so tired of people saying "it happened for a reason" because when you are in that position, it is hard to believe.
I may not be the best authority on this, less than 2 months after the m/c, I was the victim of a horrible crime so my focus was diverted from the loss of our baby. I never felt like I had completly healed from the loss. I did go on to get pg (4th time, 3 prior m/c) about 7 mos later and went on to deliver a healthy little boy.
I just lost a pg and as usual, I have had a full plate. I find myself going along just fine and then, BAM!, I start crying. I keep thinking about hearing the heartbeat and such. Time really does heal and talking about it when you are comfortable will too. I just avoid all those baby shows (baby story, birth day, maternity ward, etc) and have put away all those baby books for now. I have faith I will get pg again, I just have to be patient.
If either of you need to talk, email me. I will be more than happy to go into more detail as needed about what you may expect. And I will be there if you need someone to talk to about your loss.

Andrea
AndiJ.***@****
I miscarried at 6 1/2 weeks.  The bleeding lasted almost three weeks for me, two weeks it being pretty moderate.  I know it is different for everyone though. I also asked people I knew who had miscarried for advice/guidance but I am finding that everyone's bodies are different.  Following the end of my bleeding my doctor had me get my blood taken until my HCG levels were down to basically zero.  That took four weeks for me after the bleeding.  I think that is longer then it takes some people.  Anyway, it is a tough time and I understand the grief you are going through.  I can imagine it is ever harder when you have heard the baby's heart beat etc.  I am sorry for your loss.  Many of my friends have had miscarriages and then gone on to have healthy pregnancy's.  But for the time being I think it is important to greive and know you are not alone in how you feel.
I don't know how long the bleeding is 'supposed' to last, but I bled for 3 weeks, pretty heavy all the way along, and my HCG kept going up (still sort of a mystery why).  Then I had 2 weeks with no bleeding, then I bled for another week consistently.  Then FINALLY the HCG began to drop, and my doctor said that it was a completed miscarriage.  As far as being emotional, I think the worst for me was at the beginning of the miscarriage, as soon as the bleeding and pain began, I knew it was over.  I think my husband had a harder time than I did with it.  Remember, everyone is different, and feelings aren't 'right' or 'wrong' - they just are what they are, and don't let anyone tell you how long is appropriate to grieve.  It's different for everyone.
Hello...I understand your pain. I miscarried at 8weeks April 23rd of this year. It was my third pregnancy (we have two healthy boys)....Since then, my husband and I have been ttc but have been unsuccessful. Eventhough it has only been two cycles, I to am worried.....I didnt start to feel myself again and stop obsession and crying over our loss until alittle towards the end of June. Its hard and I know you can get through it. Will just take some time....

Machelle'
Thank You everyone. It helps to hear that other people are going through/have gone through this. I'm just not used to feeling this helpless. Last night I started some fairly severe cramping and bleeding. Hope this part doesn't last long.
I can understand your pain as well.  My baby died at 19 weeks and because I was as too far along for a D&C, I had to go into the hospital to be induced and deliver like a natural birth. He was born 40 hours after being induced and the devastation is so real. It's been two weeks now and I cannot stop crying or feeling like I did something wrong (although I did not). When something is wanted so much, and you do so much to make the pregnancy as healthy as possible, the loss is just too hard. The thought of having to wait as long as we do to try again is toomuch. We will be burying our sons ashes tomorrow. I don't think I will ever fully get over it. He was named Kai Douglas after my father and will forever be in our hearts. I wish you strength and peace to get through this difficult time.
stacie my heart goes out to you.i had a misscarriage last summer and it devestated me!i went 4 my routine scan and they couldnt even see a baby,just the pregnancy sac!i was told i was goin to miscarry and had the choice of waiting or having a d+c to remove it,which i chose.i bled 4 3 weeks and that was jus a constant memory of what id lost.i had all the feelings your having,everywhere i looked everyone seemed to be pregnant and the jelousy i felt was unreal!im actually 7weeks pregnant now and last night had sum mild spotting although no pain and its stopped now.im having an early scan tomorrow to see if everythings ok,im terrified.
my best advice 2 you is keep your head up,stay strong and you will get through this,youl never forget it but the way your feeling will definutly get better within time.
I had 2 m/c before this pregnancy..I am currently 8 wks tomorrow, and there isnt a minute that goes by that I dont feel like a complete basketcase!  I haven't even been able to tell my husband the good news yet, because he was such an emotional mess from the last one last year.  I have an appt next week to see the heartbeat (I HOPE!) although with some of your stories it sounds like seeing the heartbeat may not get you out of the woods 100%.  My heart goes out to everyone for their loss, and I wish you well!

Jenn
I had my first miscarriage at 11 1/2 weeks.  The doctor never did a sonogram.  I went in for a office visit and my hcg levels were dropping. He said that I probably was trying to lose the baby.  I had no symptoms.  He asked me to go back to the hospital to get my blood drawn again.  The levels went down even lower.  That is when he decided to do an ultrasound.  There was only a sack but no baby.  I think he called it a miss miscarriage.  A month later I got pregnant again.  And ninth months later I delivered a healthy little boy.  Who is 4 and starting school this year.  2 years later I found a better doctor (a ob/gyn this time).  And I got pregnant again.  At 7 weeks I went for an ultrasound.  The baby was right on track.  I spotted bright red blood around the 8th week.  And I remember the night I miscarried.  My husband was going to take me out to celebrate.  And I got and awful bad cramp.  And I told him that I was losing the baby..  And I went in to the bathroom and then went to the ER.  The doctor came in and let me know that is what was going on and that they would do a D&C.  That was 2 years ago and I have been trying again here recently.
Cyndee- I am so sorry for your loss. Especially now that I know what it is like. I can't imagine anything worse at this point. Since I posted my comment I have had severe cramping and bleeding- went to the Dr (who is great by the way- anyone in Dallas/Ft. Worth area should go see Dr. Gagnon) and he recommended a D&C. I went ahead and did it because the pain and emotional roller coaster were killing me and my hubby. I feel so much better now (of course I have really good drugs right now so that might wear off). My question to you is- does it get easier to deal with- more than 1 m/c. I so want to get pregnant again and have another baby- but I am terrified of going through this again. Any advice you have would be great.
hi stacie.definutly go ahead and try 4 another baby en u feel ready!it took me a long time 2 get ova my 1st miscariage and as i said im on my second pregnency,8weeks!i had sum spotting a few days ago and was ready 2 hear the absolute worst wen i went 4 an early scan,i thought all my fears of havin 2 go through it again were gona *** true..but,i saw the heart beating,arms,legs and a head!it was the best feelin iv evea had!so wen u feel ready 2 start tryin again id def recommend it.of course ul have the same fears as me but thats totally expected.
very best of luck 2 u!!!
emma
I agree with Emma.  I was saddened.  But I was meant to be.  And I had to realize that.  God works in mysterious ways.  I haven't had a period since May and I think I might be pg but I am scared to take another test.  Feeling it might come up negative.  So my advice is try.  God will not give you more than you can handle
I had a miscarriege on August 11-th, I was 7 weeks and no D&C.
My bleeding stoped this monday after a week and I don't know if I had a full miscarriege. What are de signs of the missed miscarriege if anyone knows?
Did anyone had a D&C with a local anestesic, not put to slep?
I had been bleeding for 4 weeks when I went into the Dr. for my yearly check.  He tough I was bleading becuase I'd changed bc types from the pill to the patch.  He wanted to wait a month and then, if I was still bleeding, he would change my bc type again.  That was two weeks ago.  On Saturday I started feeling very strong cramps and a much larger volume of bleeding.  On Sunday morning I didn't get out of bed first thing in the morning like I usually do because the cramps were so strong.  About 11AM I decided I would try to take a shower and see if I felt better.  I went to the bathroom and realized that I was having a m/c.  I expelled the entire sack and bled heavily for a while longer.  I told my boyfriend and he was completely shocked.  We had no idea we were pg and didn't know how to react to each other.  I don't understand why the Dr. didn't know I was pg.  He'd run a lot of labs for other things but not a pg test.  I have to go into the Dr.'s office tonight to be checked out and make sure everything is ok.  I don't know how to console my boyfriend and he sure isn't doing a good job consoling me.  What should I do??
Hi, I had a missed miscarriage on Nov 5.  I woke up around six in the morning as usual to go to the bathroom when I noticed a little blood.  I had never seen it before, so I went to the hospital.  After some bloodtest and a sonograhm, I was told that the levels in my blood was low and there was no sign of a heartbeat.  I found it hard to believe because at the time I felt physically fine, and the bleeding had stopped. The hospital did not perform the dnc, they released me and told me to go home and call my ob, the doctor said that my ob knew what happened and was expecting my call, I will never forget being sent home knowing that my baby was gone,I prayed that mabey the baby's heart would start beating again.  when I called the doctor they told me to come in the next morning, When I go I find out they might not be able to perform the dnc that day.  the night before I had started having heavy cramping,  by the time I got to the doctors in the morning it was pretty severe, but still no bleeding.  After another exam and sonogram, i was told the fetus was only 8 weeks and 4 days, i was supposed to be 12 weeks and five days.  He showed me the sonogram.  everything was still in tact, I wish I had never seen the sonogram, it made it hurt more seeing the baby was still in there lifeless.  the doctor called the specialty center to see if they could see me that day,  I think at first they said no, there was a problem with my insurance. I could hear him tell them it was an emergency.  they said they would see what they could do and call back. when they did, they said come right now and they would do the dnc. the cramping was getting more severe by the moment.  They could not give me anything though because it would have interfered with the anastesia.  I was put completly to sleep, and don't remember anything but the faint sound of the nurse calling my name when they were trying to wake me up, I did'nt for a while though.  When I did wake up, the pain was gone. I have had no cramping since.  I bled a little the first day but not much since.  Mabey one day since I saw a little blood, but nothing else.  I was wondering if that was normal.  I was also wondering how long it would take for me to have a normal menstral cycle. Physically I feel fine. Emotionally, I can't get pass this.  I don't want to be around any people that know what happened. All the sorry for your loss and everything happens for a reason make me want to scream.I am not able to sleep, I can't stop crying, or thinking about everything.  its been hard for me to talk about, a part of me still wants to believe this was a bad dream.My fiance wants to try again for another baby, but I am scared of the same thing happening again.  we tried for over a year to get pregnant and when we took a well needed vacation, we brought back a surprise.  this baby was so wanted and so loved, the families were so excited, my nieces were even trying to plan a secret baby shower for me. I cannot stop thinking about these things,I don't know if a person ever really gets over having a miscarriage but, reading the post on this site has helped my to know that I am not going through this alone.
So sorry about your lose. Your "story" touched me a lot and I just want to share this with you and other women going through the same ordeal.
On the 9th of March this year, I lost our baby girl Morgane at 22 weeks. It was the worst time of my life. I'm told it was not a miscarriage since the baby was moving untill the last minute and for that reason, she was still born. I simply gave birth at the wrong time and no one seems to know why. It's now four months, since we started tyring and it's taking longer than the previous times. I'm told this might be an emotional problem and I should seek professional help. I think I need to learn to live with the lose but there is no easy way of doing this. I seem to be looking for a reason why we lost her and this may be preventing me from looking forward, towards the future. Now, I've begun to think, Whatever the reason for this lose, I will have a baby one day and you too will have one. I have started thinking positive though am still not completely out of the gloom. It is hard but I will try harder.
I can completely understand how everyone is feeling. I gave birth to a healthy baby girl in sept 2001, 4 weeks after the birth i was told my sister-in-law was infertile i didn't know what to say as i was sitting there so happy. I was then told the only way she could have a child was through egg donation or adoption, Her partner had said he didn't want to adopt or an annyonomous egg donor. She was got no female family so she aked if i would do it. Although i was quite apprehensive about it my husband and i decided to help. In the uk there is also a 6 yr wait for annoymous donor which would have taken my sister-in-law to 40yrs old. Before i could start the treatment my daughter had to be 6 months old. The treament went well even though it makes you feel unwell i thought i was doing a good thing. Luckily the treatment worked first time. 6 months into her pg i found out i was pg again. I went for a scan at 10 wks and saw the heart beating fast on the monitor. At 15 wks i started spotting but did not have any pain, So i went to a&e just to be safe they kept me in hospital so the could do a scan the day after. My world fell apart that day my baby had died at 11 1/2 wks and it was still inside me. I felt cheated after doing such a good thing for some one else. 2 days after my miscarrage (miscarriage) my sister-in-law gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. my situation just gets worse just because i didn't go to the hospital to see him my whole in laws stopped speaking to me saying i was selfish. I am still very upset and haven't been able to greive for the baby i lost. My sister-in-law doesn't speak to me anymore I feel like she has used me to get what she wanted. I am hoping to try again in the near future for another baby but i am not ready phyiscally or emotionally. I am also frightend incase i miscarry again. My heart goes out to anyone who has been in this situation. I wish you all the best of luck for the future. I'd love to hear from anyone giving me advise how to get over my situation. thanks.
-
Hi everyone, it is so nice to be able to read your post and know that I'm not going this alone. I was just told yesterday that my baby stopped developing at 7 1/2 weeks when I was supposed to be 12 weeks. It was my first pregnancy and it was difficult to get pregnant. I go in for a D&C at 6:00 tommarow morning. I'm so scared, it just doesn't seem right. I feel that I am aborting my child even though it has already passed. Thank you so much for helping me wiht my questions. Good luck and God Bless to everyone.
Hey!  Don't think that you are aborting your baby! It is unfortunately not in your hands.  Its not your fault.  I know that it is really hard, I too had a m/c at 6 weeks recently and thought it was the end of everything.  

I have learned to find some kind of comfort, if that is possible, through keeping my faith and leaving everything in God's hands.  You need to remember that you must try and make yourself stronger in order to recooperate from this quickly and be stable enough to try again at a later time.

Hope this helps,
Norma
U ARE NOT A FAILURE..I KNOW HOW SICK OF HEARING THIS YOU MUST BE BUT IT WAS NOT MEANT TO BE AND WHEN IT IS IT WILL HAPPEN.........U JUST LOSS YOUR BABY AND IT WILL TAKE TIME TO HEAL....JUST REST AND TAKE IT EASY U ARE NOT A FAILURE...MAYBE YOU ARE MEANT TO HAVE TWINS NEXT TIME..I DONT KNOW THATS WHAT EVERYONE KEEPS TELLING ME

BYE
U DID SUCH AN AMAZING THING!!!!   NOBODY SHOULD BE UPSET WITH YOU...A SELFISH PERSON WOULD NOT HAVE DONATED AN EGG TO BEGIN WITH...MAYBE UR SISTER IN LAW JUST DOESNT KNOW WHAT TO SAY OR TO DO....THAT IS SO WRONG THAT YOUR FAMILY IN NOT TALKING TO YOU...........I AM SO PISSED OFF FOR YOU...HOWEVER DONT WASTE YOUR TIME BEING ANGRY U WILL HAVE  ANOTHER BABY.......I DONT KNOW IF IT WOULD BE GOOD TO SEE YOUR SISTER IN LAWS BABY OR NOT..MAYBE WRITE HER A LETTER...NOT TO HELP HER BUT FOR YOU --- IF YOU MAKE A  MENDS MAYBE YOU WILL FEEL BETTER......BUT THEN AGAIN I AGREE WITH YOU I WOULD FEEL A LITTLE USED TO....I AM PRAYING FOR YOU SWEETIE
Hi i just read your story and cant get over how unfair they are being to you.
People are so thoughtless it makes me really angry, i think i must be stubborn as i think i would sit and wait for them to come to me as they are the ones in the wrong. Having said that on a down moment i would also be just as inclined to ring in tears trying to explain myself and hoping it would all be sorted out.
I am just waiting for my 2nd miscarriage to complete. I had the first one and they said when i went in for spotting that it had stopped growing at six weeks and i just carried on bleeding and miscarried. At the time my mum kept saying it was me not eating well and i should look after myself better and with what i eat i wouldnt be able to keep a sparrow alive etc, which was incredibly insensitive but i let it go. Then we had a row about my little boy and when he had demanded a different dinner i had refused and she said he was hungry etc and basically wanted to know what i was feeding him as they believed he wasnt getting enough. I had just found out i was pregnant again but not yet told anyone and was a bit stressed and the argument got worse. I accused her of being obsessed with food and brought up what she said when i miscarried and said that she had implied that i had caused the miscarriage by not eating properly and she said well it is true.  So we fell out and my dad said she was devestated but she still wont even reassure me that she doesnt think it was my fault etc. Since then i told them i was pregnant but started spotting again and this time the u/s said i had 9 week gestational sac with no baby so i am waiting to miscarry. I have told my parents and they made all the right noises but things are still tense and my mother still hasnt seen my two children since the first row 6 weeks ago.
Family hey???
What you did was so kind i cant imagine how selfish they must be to act like this towards you, they really dont deserve to know you let alone anything else.
karen
two weeks ago i lost my baby that was 12 weeks, I remember telling my husband I didn't feel pregnant and my belly had gone down rather than get bigger. It seems my body was telling me something I didn't want to believe. I just started to feel better mentally and physically and started to get cramps today, the pain is so familiar that it's bringing back all the feelings I felt the night I lost the baby. I know all of this will pass and I will get pregnant again but I'm just trying to get through this hard time.
nicole
I am going through the same thing. I am sorry for your pain.

I had a little bit of bleeding at 11 weeks. I had every pregnancy symptom that I should have and felt good about the pregnancy until then. I went in for a sono to find out that the baby had died. My doctor wants me to miscarry naturally. I am now almost 14 weeks and still waiting. I still feel pregnant which makes it hard. I had my hcg done and it is still normal for a healthy pregnancy at my stage. I go through so many emotions and am so  tired of it. I am not sure how much longer they will have me wait.
Hi i had a D&C yesterday.
i had blood at nine weeks and u/s showed sac with no baby and diagnosed blighted ovum, i waited ten days nothing happened still had morning sickness and felt horrible.
Then ten days later had another u/s still no baby so opted for medical miscarriage and went in for the day, not too painfull but lots of large blood clots.
Went home that night and felt really faint and ill so went back next day, turns out i was aneamic and blood pressure low but did another u/s as still bleeding so much and told there is lots and lots left.
Therefore had D&C yesterday, and having now done all three options, had natural miscarriage last time and waited again, had medical ,and now surgical and i would definetely advise anyone to go with surgical. I actually feel great today totally back to normal and wish i had done this straight away.
waiting just made me hold on to hope that wasnt there and kept reminding me of what was happening. I now feel like i can wait the 6 weeks and try again.
Good luck with whatever you decided and i hope it works out better next time.
I had a d&c yesterday too. I went in for more hcgs and my numbers were still climbing. Did another us and found that I had a molar pregnancy. I am probably not going to try again since you have to wait a year after a molar. I had a molar 10 years ago with my first pregnancy also. It is really rare to have 2 but I am at even higher risk now. They told me 1 in 4 chance after a 2nd one. I am so glad to have it over with and not have to wait to miscarry anymore.

By the way, because of a molar being a form of cancer the surgery was a bit different than a normal d&c and they had to make sure they didn't miss a drop of anything. They had ultrasound going on my uterus through the surgery. I have not had a drop of blood come out of me since surgery yesterday morning so I think they got everything.
I am so sorry for your loss. I had a missed miscarriage last year under similar circumstances. I was at the 12 week point and thought I had made if free and clear. Then I spotted, went in for an u/s and the baby had stopped growing at 8.5 weeks. I went in to a D&C, but was still in shock and was just sobbing the whole time they were getting me ready. I felt like I was about to be forced to have an abortion I didn't want. They gave me all kinds of drugs to get me to relax, but I sobbed until I went under and started sobbing again when I woke up afterwards.

I bled for weeks after the mc and it made me furious and bitter. I couldn't do anything and stayed in bed for weeks (I was a stay at home mom at the time). I thought I was getting over it, but anytime anything hard happened, I would fall apart. I had no energy and I started having heart attack symptoms. The first thing they did was figure out all the blood loss made me anemic, so we took care of that. But I would still blow up or fall apart at the drop of a hat. I also was tested for heart disease. Full on echo-cardiogram, etc. This went on literally for 6 months.

They finally realized that I was completely sapped of seratonin and that I was suffering depression and anxiety disorder. I was on meds for a couple of weeks when i started feeling better. I stayed on them for a few months, started excecising again and FINALLY, a year after I got pregnant, my life was back on track. Now, I'm pregnant again, but bleeding, but I have a much better perspective after going through it once.

The best thing you can do is keep letting it out. Use this forum and type away. If you can't get back on your feet, don't hesitate to take meds. Sometimes you need that boost to get your chemistry back in line. Do you have a church where you can talk to someone? I know that talking to my hubby was too hard for me because we were both so hurt that we lashed out at eachother and couldn't comfort eachother. Talk to friends, talk to a pastor, stay involved with this group, and feel free to contact me directly.

Good luck. I am so sorry. The good news is that you GOT PREGNANT! It means you can do it again. They say that a woman is really fertile in the months directly following a miscarriage. The irony is that most of us don't feel like fooling around after such a loss, but just go for it. It's hard, but don't give up.

Last year after my D&C I told my husband that I would only try one more time because I just couldn't deal with this over and over. However, I may or may not have a viable pregnancy right now with all of this bleeding. I may find out tomorrow. Whatever happens, I'm not going to give up. These horrible experiences just show me what a gift children are and they are worth working for. I just know that if God doesn't bless me with another genentic child, then if I just open my mind and my heart, he'll give me a child from somewhere else. If this pregnancy doesn't last, it just means my little baby got to go directly to be with God rather than toil here on earth.

Okay, now I'm getting emotional and sappy, but even in the midst of losing a baby and hating to hear it, things work out when they are supposed to work out. I probably would have slapped myself for saying that a year ago, but I've learned its true. While typing this, my doc just called and he's worried from what I've told him. They're scheduling an emergency u/s for me to find out for sure. Sounds like we may be grieving together.

I'll be praying for you.
It's now 2 days since my D&C. I was 10 weeks and started to have cramping with slight brownish spotting. I went to the ER and they did an u/s. No heartbeat. The baby died at 7 weeks 6 days. The devastation washed over me like a heavy blanket of sorrow that I feel I will never shed. The loss is unbearable. I cry constantly. My friends offer to talk but I can't. I feel so alone. I feel like a failure. What did I do wrong? Why did my baby die? This was my last chance. I'm 40. My husband won't try again. I am glad I found this sight with all these similar stories and similar pain. I'm glad to see that many have moved on to have healthy pregnacies. God bless you all for sharing. I don't feel so alone anymore. I know it will take time to let go.
I just got over a miscarriage myself I was going on 7weeks.Being that this is my first pregnancy after trying for 4yrs I feel so heart broken n down I cried from the time I started having pains up till now in even though its been 3days I feel like this feeling will never go I had so much planned for my baby in now everything is just a memory I am more hurt than anything n feel that somewhere down the line I did something wrong I cry myself to sleep n get mad when I see a pregnant person in walking pass a baby store seeing strollers hurt the most I don't know if I will ever be the same:(
I had my baby at 23 weeks and 1 day I went into early labor they aren't sure why but he was perfectly healthy for being that early he lived for about 2 abd1/2 hours and passed I wanted him so bad it hurt tremendously but it has been 7 weeks sence then and my husband and I had sex he didn't pull out and didn't use a condom and I'm not on any birth control what are my chances of being pregnant again
Mee too got a miscarraige (miscarriage) at 7weeks. Doctor did a D&C.. i slept through the procedure and woke up slight cramps it was 6 years ago and till now i am still trying
HI
I just had a D&C done last Friday this is my second miscarriage. I went for my first ultra sound at 7 wks and saw a heart beat. My second ultra sound was at 12 wks last thurs and there was no heart beat baby stopped growing at about 8 wks. I had no bleeding or spotting and no signs that any thing was wrong. I was so disappointed and was so looking forward to this baby. My previous pregnancy I had just an ovum sac which my body disposed of naturally. I have experienced it both ways. It really is hard to experience this twice in a row. My last miscarriage was the 15th July last year. I had planned this last pregnancy. It seems that you can make plans but it does not always work the way you would like it to. I am lucky that I have a 2 year old daughter and a loving husband to support me. Hoping for a second child in my future. My heart goes out to all of you that have gone through a miscarriage it really is a loss that is hard to deal with and can really not be explained.
I just found out on monday I am 10 weeks and my baby has no heartbeat,it's the 2nd time,I honestly don't know how to deal with it as we were so excited about this baby,what makes it even worse is that we were 7 pregnancies in the family and now I've lost my baby,my neighbour is also pregnant now,I just want to die,I can't understand y God would punish me like this,I just lost my baby yet my whole world is surrounded by pregnancies:( I'm not even sure I want to try again,I wouldn't be able to handle a 3rd time:(
Stacie, I am very sorry to hear about your loss. Everyone is different in how they cope with thing and interpret things. Ive had two miscarriages, one in 09 and one in 2011 both very early on. Currently i am 26 weeks with a healthy boy but the thought of a miscarriage or something happening to him is constantly in the back of my mind. I m one who hasnt quite gotten over the fact that i had two miscarriages, after i donated eggs and helped with several surrogacies, i felt as if i was being punished for something i had no control over. Life does go on, sometimes it takes longer than you think but just keep faith and  belief that everything will work out in the future. best of luck stacie.