Maternal & Child Community
Light Bleeding with lower back pain and rising hcgs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

As some of you are aware I have been worried about lower back pain as I had a miscarriage 26 Sept and am pregnant again without having a period.  My hcgs have been 700, 1691 and about 3132 therefore have been more or less doubling. I had a scan on tue which showed at 5 weeks a yolk sac.  The only thing that is troubling me is that last night when I went to the toilet I had bright red blood in my underwear and was there when I wiped a couple of times but then this turned to a brown and it has now more or less stopped.  I still have lower back pain but on and off and getting worse in the evening.  I know that there were ladies who had gone on to have healthy pregnancies which lower back pain but can anyone tell me if they had light bleeding etc and went on ok?  Im trying my best to relax and be positive but when you see blood you panic.
I can tell you that lower back pain is very normal.  I have had lower back pain since 6 weeks pregnant, and like you say, it is worse in the evening.  I am now 19 weeks pregnant with no problems.

It also sounds good that you HCG levels have been so good.  

I never had bleeding, though.  Have you called your doctor?  If not, I think you should.
I posted just as you did, apparently.  While I do not have words of wisdom, because I'm looking for some myself being so new to this experience, apparently we are not alone.  I'm so thankful to have this site and will hope and wish wonderful things for you.
I am thankful for this site also, I have called the doctors and they have told me not to worry too much, which is easier said than done.  They have scheduled a scan for the 21st but it just sames likes ages away, just wondering if everything is ok.  They said that they didn't want to do it too early as they didnt want to see no baby again as that would only make me panic.  so Then I will be 7 weeks and they will have more chance of seeing the heartbeat.  I just don't know what to do with myself my head is all over the place.  I so hope that everything is ok for both of us Hulahut ill be praying 4 us xx
All I know is my 'healthy pregnancy'...I never had cramping..lower back pain or bleeding.

I had 2 natural m/c with both lower back pain and light bleeding for about 12 hours but then it turned heavy...really heavy quick.

My lower back pain though was not pain...it was cramping...there was a big difference and no mistaken it.
Mine is like period pains really but sometimes not a bad then others just like but no worse. I really dont know what to think?  I just pray that this time its ok.  I want this to be ok more than anything in the world at the moment.  I suppose though what will be will be.
I M/C at almost 6 weeks in Sept.  Woke up one morning to bright red blood no lower back pain.  One good thing you have is your numbers are doubling.  Mine went down.  I pray that you and the baby will be okay.  Try to take it easy.

Blessings!
Thankyou so much myfantasy29 this site is a god send as it just helps to get support and help from people like you :)
Thankyou LoveFamily that is very kind of you :)
Thankyou also Thendricks this is something positive for us to focus on xx
I am 8 weeks and have had lower back pain and twinges in my abdomen. The dr. did a U/s and said everything is fine. She gave me a book toread this states that the back pain is normal. My dr. also said that my body is shifting and i will notice changes. She also informed me that i might have pinnk spotting after intercourse and maybe even during the time that my cycle is suppose to come.
I'll say a prayer for you.

[url=http://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/][img]http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev170bb___.png[/img][/url]

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/15b1c3
I spotted with lower back pain (I have scolyosis (sp?) at 12 weeks, docs did ultrasound and urine test along with pelvic, said I was fine and now I still have back pain and i'm 21 weeks, keep your chin and hopes up :-)
Having had 2 healthy pregnancies and one m/c, going by rising hcg can't determine the outcome of a pregnancy. With all 3 of my PGs, my hcg was more than doubling and I had lots of cramping in all 2 too. However, for me, the spotting that I had during my 2nd PG was a sign that things weren't going great. Nonetheless, what I learned the most is that an u/s is going to be the most accurate tool to inform us on how our PG is progressing. I would say that although it's going to be an agonizing 11 days until you have your next u/s, once you do, you'll have a much clearer picture as to what's going on with your little bean. Wishing you lots of xtra sticky baby dust. Please keep us informed.
Thankyou so much Cutiemama I will certainly keep you all informed.  xx
i'm 3weeks pg and my hcg level is 6000ul/ml.....my stomach has slightly increased and i am very anxious if i possess twins/multiples.....plz respond.