Light Period...Could I be pregnant?
I am a 27 year old mother of a almost two year old. When I got pregnant with my daughter, I had two regular periods into my pregnancy. My daughter was not affected by this and she was born normal and healthy. My husband and I have somewhat actively been TTC for about a year now....My periods are come about every 23 to 24 days and usually last 3 to 4 days in length. For the last few months, I have been spotting around the 23rd day, then nothing, then my period would come 2 days later. This month my period came exactly on the 23rd day (June 17th), with no spotting beforehand. It lasted for 31/2 days but was very light.  Usually my periods are very light on the first day, then get very heavy for the 2nd and 3rd(on my heavy days, I usually go through about 6 tampons a day) This one was red, but with no clotting and even at it's heaviest, I went through only 2 tampons a day. It ended on the 20th, yet I did notice that my nipples are still sensitive (usually they are not by this time). I took a home preg. test on the first day that I was bleeding, and it was negative, but then again, I'm thinking if I was pregnant, i would only be about three weeks at this point since my cycles are so short.. What are your thoughts on this? Should I just wait and test again in a few days, or does this sound like just an odd period?
I would wait and test again in a few days. If you really want to know what is going on, call your doctor and see if you can get an appointment. I hope you get whatever answer you want. :-)
Thanks....I'm going to call my dr today to see if I can get a test. I just am trying not to get my hopes up. :-)
Keep us posted on how things turn out!