Maternal & Child Community
Light Period...Could I be pregnant?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Light Period...Could I be pregnant?

I am a 27 year old mother of a almost two year old. When I got pregnant with my daughter, I had two regular periods into my pregnancy. My daughter was not affected by this and she was born normal and healthy. My husband and I have somewhat actively been TTC for about a year now....My periods are come about every 23 to 24 days and usually last 3 to 4 days in length. For the last few months, I have been spotting around the 23rd day, then nothing, then my period would come 2 days later. This month my period came exactly on the 23rd day (June 17th), with no spotting beforehand. It lasted for 31/2 days but was very light.  Usually my periods are very light on the first day, then get very heavy for the 2nd and 3rd(on my heavy days, I usually go through about 6 tampons a day) This one was red, but with no clotting and even at it's heaviest, I went through only 2 tampons a day. It ended on the 20th, yet I did notice that my nipples are still sensitive (usually they are not by this time). I took a home preg. test on the first day that I was bleeding, and it was negative, but then again, I'm thinking if I was pregnant, i would only be about three weeks at this point since my cycles are so short.. What are your thoughts on this? Should I just wait and test again in a few days, or does this sound like just an odd period?