Long period with cramps after miscarriage
I miscarried the first week in September (my 2nd), and had a fairly normal period 6 weeks later.
I am now having my 2nd period (after another 6 weeks), and it's been going for 16 days now.
It started out very light, then on the 7th day I had the worst cramps I've ever had - was horizontal on the bed all day.  Then the blood became much heavier.  The blood has been fairly steady for the last 9 days, and yesterday the cramps returned (not quite as bad but still very uncomfortable).
Is this normal? Should I go and visit a doctor?
I am so sorry to hear about your loss.  I have had 3 losses myself.  Did you have a D&C in Sept or did you do it on your own?  I had a D&C in Jan of 07 and had bleeding off and on and bad cramping until April.  We think that my OB just was almost too careful when he did the D&C and didn't get everything out.  Once I  had a period in April things went back to normal. I would go back to the dr. and have them check your HCG levels and make sure you have zeroed out.  Mine went down to 5 after my D&C but then shot back up and then finally went down to 0.  Best of luck to you. Praying for a fast recovery and a successful pregnancy in the near future for you.