Maternal & Child Community
Looking for a successful pregnancy story after first miscarriage...??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I haven't been posting very long, but I as of last week, my baby was found with no heartbeat at 8 weeks. I am still yet to fully m/c and am waiting impatiently. I'm looking for some positive stories. Women who have m/c their first pregnancy and have gone one to have successful second pregnancies...just to give me some hope...and relieve some of this anxiety.
Thanks,
i actually had five m/c since i got married in 2004.the last m/c was  feb 1 at 6 weeks, and i got pregnant two weeks later. im currently 29.4 weeks and doing great. with this pregnancy i had ,better insurance which lead me to better doctors to find out the root of my problem. after some blood work i found out that i have a blood clotting disorder that would cause me to miscarry. now i take a blood thinner once a day (lovenox) a baby aspirin and i get progesterone shots once a week. because of the clotting disorder and the five prior m/c im considered high risk so i see an ob and a perinatal specialist. getting pregnant wasn't the problem for me , it was having a successful pregnancy. everything will be fine for you just keep trying and maybe request a few tests to rule out certain problems. if i knew about all the things docs could check for i would have saved myself alot for heartache. everything will be great,
you have alot of hope, and alot of supportive women here to help you. keep us updated!
It really stinks to go through a miscarriage, however....

Just about everyone on this forum it seems has had a miscarriage at one point or another.  I would say probably 99% have gone on to get preggers again and have had healthy pregnancies.  I am one of them.  I had an ectopic back in 2002.  I am due with a baby girl in 11 days.  There is plenty of hope.  My suggestion is don't be in a huge hurry to try again right away.  Give your body time to recooperate and relax, let yourself emotionally heal, and then try.  It will happen for you.

Good luck and sticky baby dust to you!!
congrats, i will be so glad when i get as close as you. this pregnancy is going by so slow, and my hormones are CRAZY!
I've also read on here that some women haven't seen hb's on their u/s but a few weeks later they were there.
if you go through the archives there are lots of possitive stories. good luck in your journey!
I remember posting almost exactly the same thing after I had miscarried back in Dec 2000. I fell pregnant again in Mar 2001 and was absolutely terrified! She is now turning 5 this December and I have gone on to have 2 other successful pregnancies as well as her and am currently 9 weeks with #4. I have not had a miscarriage since back then (touch wood). However, suffice to say that you will fear each and every pregnancy after you have experienced a m/c that all others will possibly end the same. The fear does not go away for me - I think you just get very good at being realistic about the vulnerability of a pregnancy until you feel that first kick! I have no doubt you will be much the same and I wish you all the best for your next pregnancy.

It's hard because with m/c you have no control over whether or not the baby was going to live or die. That is a hard thing to come to terms with in every pregnancy you have - you have no control over what happens. But you can have faith that your body and the baby will do the right thing. Take a look around at the babies and children you see and the success stories like mine and others on this board and you will see that it DOES WORK and when it does - it really works well! Sticky baby dust to you!!!
How do you know your cycle to getpreg two week after m/c? when you m/c and bleed is that counted as a period?
here is my story, I had a m/s in 2000 at 8 weeks, saw heartbeat and then still went on to m/s, got pregnant first try. I waited two cycles and then we tryed again got pregnant first try again and had a nother m/s at 6 weeks, my ob told me to wait 6 months and try again we tryed a month early and were not sussessful, then we try at 6 months and sure enough I got pregnant again and it was a keeper I had a little boy in july of 02 and then I had another boy in Nov 04 and I'm curently pregnant with a girl due around halloween. I didn't have trouble getting pregnant just staying pregnant. Looking back now I didn't think I would be able to have children but look a me now it will happen for you to it just takes time and lots of patience.. Good luck to you..baby dust
I had my first miscarriage in March and fell pregnant again in May. I am 20 weeks pregnant and baby is doing great. So there is hope and it happens. I am so sorry for your loss I know how terrible it is. Good luck and lots of baby dust to you!
I can't thank you enough for your stories. They have made me smile, and have given me more hope this past week than I ever have. It truly helps to know that although there is immense pain with a m/c that women such as you out there survive this, and continue to build your family. I have strong faith and have prayed everyday for the strength to get through this, and the wisdom to understand....I beleive that the lord led me to this site, to meet angels, hear there sad stories, but truly take in their happy ones. You truly are angels, with open hearts, ears, (eyes:), and arms. Taking the time out of all of our busy lives...to come to this board, and give an answer to someone in need shows how genuine you are. I will keep you in my prayers. Thank you for your wonderful stories...I can't wait to continue to see more.
We do plan on trying again in a few months. I will do as the doctor reccomends and wait until I am healed physically, and emotionally. However, although with every new pregnancy...you have all mentioned there is fear, but fear is good sometimes. It prepares you for the worse, and in a situation like this..I was so not prepared. I was caught blindsided, and I should have been more prepared. I am more educated for the next time around.
Thank you to all of you!!
Any similiar success stories for woman over 35 that have had m/c and then able to concieve (conceive)???  I'm 38 and have had two m/c within 6 months.  Did a test on the last one and it was Trisomy 16.  We are seeing a Genetic Counselor today.
Im 35 (36 in December) miscarried at 8 weeks in February of this year with first pregnancy.  Started tracking bbt, ferning, and cm in June- began trying in August and just got a bfp (3 actually) this morning.  Hopefully, all will work out.  I go for blood test tomorrow and the doctor called in  prometrium this afternoon for me to start on for the 1st trimester.  I noticed with my tracking that I had a sort of short phase in June (9 days) so I started taking b6 and in July my lp was 11 days so maby the b6 helped.  I hope so!  Good luck to you.  Im excited, and scared, and nervous.
Hello I am 36 had a miscarriage and became pregnant again with a healthy baby at the age of 36. The doc said more than likely the m/c was due to a genetic problem as most m/c are. I think you will be fine and it is very possible to have a healthy baby past 35. Most women do. I wish you a lot of luck! Baby dust to you!
I just had a miscarriage on 9/15 and all of the comments have really made my day!! Thanky ou to all of you for I beleive that God is going to bless me with another child!! Thanks for the inspiration of sharing your stories.  i was so devastated after the m/c, but I feel like going on now.  Thanks and I look forward to trying again with my husband, I will keep you all posted and God you all!
Thank you friends for all those inspirational stories. It helped me feel a lot better. After going through 2 m/c I can understand everyone else's  pain. I suffered first miscarriage in Oct 2011 during  12th week of my pregnancy. My babies heartbeat had stopped. That was so devastating news for me. I had a second m/c in Mar 2012 during 11th week. I consulted another dr. to know the cause and he told me I was suffering from Rubella virus which was attacking my baby in the 1st trimester itself. My dr. has asked me to start taking Rovamycin tablets as soon as I conceive to neutralize the antibodies which destroy the foetus.I am trying to conceive now. By the grace of almighty I hope I have healthy babies soon. My best wishes to all you going through the same loss. Have faith in God.