Losing my Mucus Plug at 35 Weeks
Just completed my 35th week today (working on week 36 now!) and I am convinced I am gradually losing the mucus plug.  Getting bits of jelly-like discharge pretty much every time I use the potty.  So far no blood.  Anyway, anyone else start losing their plug this way?  How long from the time you noticed it did you go into labor or lose the whole thing / get blood?
Losing bits or pieces of your mucus plug is not necessarily indicative that labor will ensue shortly.  However, since you are still preterm and sometimes preterm labor can be heralded by unusual discharge such as this, it would be wise to let your doctors office know that you have concerns.  Let them give you advice...after all, they are the ones who know you and your pregnancy the best.  

With one of my children, I lost parts of mucus plug 2and 1/2 weeks before I went into labor.
So it can take a while for labor to come, even when you see the mucus plug.
BUT I also know that sometimes it signals labor about to begin SOON.
So you definitely need to be checked.
I lost mine two weeks before going into labor, probably it doesn't prompt labor but is sometimes associated with the cervix getting ready.  Cervixes can begin dilating early before labor.
I lost mine around that time with my son and have already started with this one too.  I went in for my Dr. appt. Wed. at 34 weeks 6 days, and you know how you have to pee in the cup at each visit, well I looked down and there was a chunk in the cup.  Totally embarrassing, but I dumped it out and peed some more (sorry, tmi).  It's normal, you can lose your plug and still be weeks away.  Just be sure to let your Dr. know, I did.  It's nice to know that all of those early contractions are doing something.  I was at a 2 with my son for over a month till I delivered him!  Just means that you are progressing and to keep an eye out for any signs of labor and be sure to tell your Dr.  How exciting!
I think I am losing my plug as well.  My nurse seems to think that is what is happening.  I am 34 weeks 5 day.  Isn't that too soon?  HELP!
i lost my plug at 20 weeks this last pregnancy  yes i was starting to open early so i was put in the hospital it took 6 more weeks for me to open to 7 cm with a cerclage in place the one thing it did was educate me on losing the plug just because you lose the plug doesnt mean you are opening it could be the pressure of the fetus on the cervix but if you think it is the plug call your dr as he will probably want you to come in so they can see if you are opening and to make sure everything is ok.