Maternal & Child Community
Loss of Nausea During Pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Loss of Nausea During Pregnancy

I'm 8 weeks along and am already experiencing a decrease in nausea. Has anyone else had similar experiences and if so, what were the results? I'm just worried that this may signify a problem with the pregnancy. Thank you.
Hi. I think that every PG is different but I would definitely go to your doctor and have things checked out. I know that for a lot of women their m/s doesn't even kick in until about weeks. Is your m/s totally gone? And for how long have you stopped feeling nauseated? Do you still have any other pg symptoms?  

I know that I had no m/s at all with my first PG and then a little quezziness every day starting at 6 weeks right until I had a d&c at 10.5 weeks (even after I had a missed m/c). Every woman is different as is every PG. Try to relax is I'm sure it's nothing.

Good luck.
Oh, I'm glad u wrote. I'm 91/2 weeks along and I also have not had the nausea/vomiting at all that i had at 5-8 weeks. I'm so worried b/c I remember reading before about this when women had m/c'd. My breasts are still slightly tender, but I'm eating just about 3 meals a day when just a few weeks ago I couldn't keep a cracker down!
I wouldnt worry to much about it and it is not a sign that a m/c is going to happen.  Most of the people I know had worse morning sickness after they were micarrying.  Progestrone levels is what causes morning sickness and when the levels off or drops before the placenta takes over most people symptoms change.  My doctor said it can ease up quite a bit as quick as 8 to 10 weeks.  Mine has gotten a lot better in the past week and I am only 11 weeks.
A friend of mine had morning sickness around 5-8 wks and once she was a little over 8 wks it was like its just disappered.  She went to the dr because she was so worried but the dr said it was fine.  that some females go through that while others have it throughout their pregnancy, or end it around 12 wks.
Aaaah...good to know! Mine came back today after lunch, so maybe it's just 'changed' from all day, everyday to just once in a while.