Maternal & Child Community
Loss of a loved one and baby on the way

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Loss of a loved one and baby on the way

I don't know how to deal with the news I have received tonight. My aunt is dying and they give her less than a couple of hours to live yet I"m getting ready to have a baby. How do I deal with my sadness so it wont put my baby in any harm? I don't know wether to be sad and let my emotions come running out or try to keep my composure and hold tight. I'm getting induced on Friday the 29th and my doctors appointment is tomorrow. Would it be wrong of me to see if he would do it maybe a day sooner so it would be possible for me to be at a funeral? Am I out of my mind for even asking if he will move up my date? Someone please tell me it is okay to feel the way I feel or if I'm being selfish.

Thanks in advance
I think you are feeling normal!!! It would be very hard to deak with what you are feeling, you are in my prayers, God Bless
You are not selfish at all but how would you ever attend the funeral right AFTER giving birth? Any chance you can come to a one-on-one fare-well with your beloved Aunt before Friday? Just in case?