Aa
A
A
Close
Loss of feeling in hands
Has anyone else lost feeling in their hands after childbirth?  I'm nursing - I can't feel my fingers at all sometimes.
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
It's carpol tunnel syndrome.  Many times it is induced by the extra fluid we carry during and after childbirth.  I had it with both my pregancies and it lasted for about two-three months after birth.  Get some wrist braces.  They hold your wrist in a position that allows less constriction on the carpol tunnel and will give you some relief.  Not the nicest feeling, I know!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I have this now and I'm 35 weeks prego.  It SUCKS big time. I've been using a brace on each hand so I cant get some sleep. I sleep so deeply now because I'm so tired, that I cant feel them getting numb and so, they continue to loose circulation until I wake up in agony, almost crying.  But the braces have helped a lot. I still get the tingling feeling, even as I write this but, no more pain.  Just the numbness.  I think it will go back to normal once our bodies go back to normal.  I have a long way to go.  Good luck
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I had it too. Keep your wrists cool and straight, specially at night. I used to put them under cold water and that helped. Not much else you can do I am afraid. It took months for mine to get back to normal.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I had major problems with that after my 1st baby. I had to learn really creative ways to burp her to relieve the overuse of my wrists. I would have pain in my hands and wrists, loss of feeling, and sometimes my hand would jerk involuntarily during burping her. With baby #2 I knew not to overuse my wrist by patting her back any more than I absolutely had to. I would bounce her and then after a minute, straighten her spine by holding her up under her arms, or putting her over my shoulder and rubbing her lower back.
Also, make sure to put a pillow under your arm while feeding baby. This takes a lot of the strain off.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Loss of feeling in hands
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703