MATERNAL & CHILD
COMMUNITY
Lost Mucus Plug at 32 weeks, normal??
by bbekkajen, Nov 03, 2006
I found this website when trying to figure out a question I have. i hope that someone can help! I am 32 weeks pregnant and lost my mucus plug already! Does this mean I will go into labor early?? This is my 3rd child, but always lost the plug in the past one week before I delivered! So, normal? Or not?
Member Comments (12)
by have 2 kids, Nov 03, 2006
I would call your Dr.  I know some people who have lost their mucous plug and still didn't deliver for several weeks.  You may be dilating and could have PTL.
by mba3mom, Nov 03, 2006
I agree. Call your dr.  I know from past pregnancies that loss of mucous plug could signal labor. You are also susceptible to infection once it is gone. Blessings....
by deanne11, Nov 03, 2006
I only had one child but I lost mine 5-6 days before labor....call the dr.
by mum2beagain, Nov 03, 2006
I lost mine at 30 weeks and my son was born at 32 weeks, I would call your doc, they may want to put you on modified bed rest to prevent premature labour.
by Gili, Nov 03, 2006
It's perfectly normal and doesn't mean you'll deliver early.  Even the baby dropping early doesn't mean early labor.  Many websites quote 2-4 weeks, but a friend of walks around more than 2 months after the baby drops.  Some people lose their plug at 6 or 7 months.  But be careful not to get infection though.
by Gili, Nov 03, 2006
By the way, I lost my mucus plug and baby dropped 4 weeks ago and still haven't delivered yet.
by bbekkajen, Nov 03, 2006
Thank you all for your comments, I did call the doctor and they are not concerned at this point, just want me to watch for other symptoms.You would think this being my 3rd that I would know these things, but every pregnancy sure is different!
by stephd, Nov 03, 2006
My friend lost hers and didnt have her baby for another month.  But call the dr to be sure.
by misseltoe, Nov 03, 2006
Your mucus plug grows back.  Obviously, for those women that went into labor early it wasn't the case, but I would suspect something else was contributing to that.

But in general your mucus plug keeps growing back.