Maternal & Child Community
Lost pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Lost pregnancy

I lost my pregnancy about 2 weeks ago, I was 24 weeks along so basically I gave birth prematurly. My little girl didn't make it. It was the hardest thing to go through and I really felt hopeless. She was my first child.
I don't know if it is normal, but Iam still bleeding. Its very spuratic and sometimes can be quite heavy. I am just curious as to if this is normal. I am scared that I could be bleeding internally, but I dont have any cramping or discomfort.
Is it normal for me to be bleeding this long after giving birth?
Sorry for your loss, Many of us here have had miscarriages, and have gone on to have healthy children.
It is such a tramatic event in a women's life.
Did you have a d&c?
I would say bleeding 2-4 weeks is normal, every one is different, If you have pain or cramping I would call the doctor though.
Very sorry for your loss~

I am sure everyone is different after giving birth...I am familiar with your situation but I know that my bleeding ended quite rapidly after I had my son.  After a week is was basically like the end of a regular period.  Maybe others on this forum have different experiences.  If I were you, I would call my dr just to follow up.  Good luck!

Gina
that is terrible!! I honestly don't know that I could make it through losing a baby that late in pregnancy. do they have any idea what caused it?

as for the bleediing- 2 to 4 weeks would be totally normal. if you pass clots larger than quarter size you should call your doctor just to be on the safe side.

i'm very sorry for your loss.
I'm very very sorry to hear about your loss.  I really couldn't imagine what you are going through!  
I had my daughter at 27 weeks and I bled for almost 6 weeks.  I remember thinking that I would be going to my six week checkup still bleeding, but it stop a fews days before.  My friend was the same way.  As long as you aren't cramping really bad or have any odor, you should be alright.
Again, I'm really sorry that you have to go through this!
Carolyn
Not sure if you are browsing back and will see this, but if you do, I am so sorry for your loss. I had an early miscarriage, and I don't think you can even compare the pain you must be feeling. Does your hospital offer a support group? As for the bleeding, I would think it is normal, but it's a good idea to check in with your Dr re how you are feeling mentally and physically.
Again, so sorry, and sending hugs and prayers.
Thank you so much for the support. Its really hard to say how Im feeling to the people around me. I feel its my fault...I know I did everything right through out the pregnancy but I still feel there was something that I didn't do that I should have done. I am so scared to even think about having another child. Its put alot of strain on the relationship between my husband and myself.
I just keep thinking...why? Why me? Why did this have to happen?
Thank you ladies so much for the comments they do mean alot. And just knowing that there are other who have gone through similar things that I have....it gives me hope, knowing that some of you have gone on to having children again....that is music to my ears.
thank you again
I'm so very sorry for the loss of your little one.  I lost our little girl @14 weeks last April and it still hurts.  I found that remembering her is what helps the most.  I keep her alive in my heart everyday.  I bleed for 7 weeks after I lost her.  I would not be too concerned with your bleeding unless you are having terrible cramps.  Please take care of yourself and don't let anyone rush you.  Your peace will come with time.  Prayers.
sorry for your lost i no how u feel i lost my baby 8-24-07 i was 30 week
all i can tell keep your head up i trying to but it's so hard
but it's best to talk to some that no were you are coming from. my prayer are with you