Maternal & Child Community
Low HCG levels early pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Low HCG levels early pregnancy

Want to know if there is any chance of a normal preg? Im on IVF treatment. 17 days post ovul HCG reading was 33. 19 dpo went up to 66. Had a blood this morn. (21 dpo) I get results this arvo (Sydney time). Nurses say that it is highly unlikely this will result in normal preg and its most probably ectopic.  Is there any chance at all?  If the HCG doubles again this arvo?  I am booked in for another blood and scan next week. I did have one light period day and a few days of spotting. I have morning sickness and sore breasts. This is my 5th IVF attempt. Any advice appreciated.
Cheers.
Update on the above posting.  Just received my bloods back and they are now 190 which is almost triple what they were.  My progesterone has gone from 14 (very low) to 27 which is almost normal.  The nurse still cautioned that this is still most likely an ectopic as the levels are too low for 21 dpo. Should I hold out even a little hope?
Your HCG levels are normal for your time in pregnancy.  I'm going to post a chart of ranges in a moment.  

To determine ectopic pregnancies, HCG levels are looked at.  Generally, in an ectopic though, your HCG levels would not be doubling.  Have they done an ultrasound?  They will probably wait until around 6 weeks to do that though because it is not really easy to see if the fetus is where it should be.  They should be looking at a multitude of things to determine pregnancy viability.  

I don't want to give you false hope because you are very early in the pregnancy.  I would try not to stress though on the ectopic.  Based on the charts and the fact you are doubling, you do sound ok.

Good luck and please let us know how things come out.

Below is the chart for you to look at.

At 14 DPO, the average HCG level is 48 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 17-119 mIU/ml.
At 15 DPO, the average HCG level is 59 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 17-147 mIU/ml.
At 16 DPO, the average HCG level is 95 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 33-223 mIU/ml.
At 17 DPO, the average HCG level is 132 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 17-429 mIU/ml.
At 18 DPO, the average HCG level is 292 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 70-758 mIU/ml.
At 19 DPO, the average HCG level is 303 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 111-514 mIU/ml.
At 20 DPO, the average HCG level is 522 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 135-1690 mIU/ml.
At 21 DPO, the average HCG level is 1061 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 324-4130 mIU/ml.
At 22 DPO, the average HCG level is 1287 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 185-3279 mIU/ml.
At 23 DPO, the average HCG level is 2034 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 506-4660 mIU/ml.
At 24 DPO, the average HCG level is 2637 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 540-10,000 mIU/ml.
i wanted to see how your doing!
I wanted to add that your progesterone was not THAT low. Dr's like to see a level of 15+ in early pregnancy. 14 is a little low, but very low. I don't understand why the nurse is so pessimistic at this point, but I don't know very much about IVF, either. Stay positive and good luck!
Thanks for your comments.  I went away with hubby for a few days to try and take my mind off things.
Went to nurses this morning who continued to be very negative.  Started telling me what to expect with an ectopic.  I get the results from blood back this afternoon (remember that i am in Sydney so all the hours are wack).  They seem to be convinced that it is ectopic.  So even though I have spent the past 4 days being quietly hopeful I have spent this morning crying.  I will try and cheer up at least until the blood results.  In my head I am thinking that if the results come back under 800 then it isn't viable but if they come back 800 or above (which indicates it has doubled every 24 hours) then I can retain some hope.  I am booked in for a scan tomorrow.  Nurses say that depending on its size it might be difficult to see - if doctor doesn't see anything in the uterus then it is probably in the tube.  I guess I am hoping for a miracle and that it is where it is supposed to be.

Thank all you brave ladies for being there to listen and give adivce.  This is indeed the most difficult process I have gone through in my life.  

Will keep you posted.  Love and light.  (Tina-Marie)
Just to update again (life is anything but dull at the moment!).  My HCG came in at 1000 but I started spotting again today and had some pain in my tummy so the nurse told me to come in straight away for my scan (which was scheduled for tomorrow).  Doctor said that he is pretty sure there is something in the uterus and that it's not ectopic but it was too small to get a good look at.  He said that he felt this pregnancy wouldn't be viable given my low HCG levels and that it would most probably miscarry in the next week.
He did say there is always a slight chance it could pick up but didn't want me to get my hopes up.
I have another blood on Friday (to see if the levels are still doubling which I am hoping they will be) and I am booked in for another scan next Tuesday (today is Wed 30/11 here).  He said that by then we should be able to tell if it is viable or not - I guess he meant that it should have a heartbeat etc?
I know that the odds are against me but I have to be hopeful - it is the only way that I will be able to cope with the next 5 days of waiting and tests.
Any feedback most welcome.
I cannot believe it!! Here you are all the way in Sydney going through THE EXACT SAME THING AS MYSELF!!!!! Although mine was an insemination, and I am not too sure how to tell what my dpo is?? I can tell you that I was inseminated on 11-11-05.  I found out last week, that I was pregnant on Wednesday...My HCG was at a 20..Then 2 days later I went back it had only increased to 25.  Then 3 days later it was at 38...This morning I went in (2days later) and I am just at 66.  A little bit lower then doubling.  by the looks, of it your numbers seem much better than mine..But, as far as this anticipation to find out if this is an ectopic pregnancy, I am right there with you!! My fertility dr doest get back until tomorrow, so I have to wait for someone to sit down and explain to me what's going on.  I am in no pain and I haven
Dear Clendof

I hear you sister! (from all the way on the other side of the globe!)

You can take the day after your insemmination as your ovulation day (as they probably would have inseminated you the day before you were to ovulate).  This would make you 18 dpo as of the 30th.

Yes your HCG levels do look low and I know exactly how you feel.  I have chosen to hang onto hope until it is certain there is none left.  It is really the only way I can cope.  

All of us are united by the fear, excitement and joy of pregnancy regardless of race, religion or location.  We are all sharing a bond and it is great to be able to support each other (you gotta love modern technology).

Let me know how you are doing.  Keep strong.  Oh yes, I have a six year old daughter by my first partner.  My hubby and I are on IVF (5th attempt) trying to have a child together and I am 38 years old (but keep it to yourself  ha ha!)

Love and light

Hi, I can relate to you both and want to share my hugs.  I previously had a miscarriage in June 2005 and have been ttc by IUI since March 2005.  We were insemenated on 11/13/05 and have seen VERY low HcG results.  

15dpo hcg=20
17dpo hcg=26
23dpo hcg=70
26dpo hcg=195

Been bleeding and spotting throughout.  Waiting for more bloodwork tomorrow.  Really thought this pregnancy was over last week when bled heavily (like AF).

Why are numbers going up so rapidly? Doctor said ectopic was only 1% chance if bleeding heavily????  Could I possibly be so lucky?  haha
Back again, and thanks for the hugs... NEVER TOO MANYY HUGS AFTER AN ECTOPIC PREGNANCY!! this is crazy...Finally my story ended the way I really thought it would.  It was early enough that they could give me meds to take care of the pregnancy.  Did you have surgery?  I have to tell to you  I am so nervous!! Because tehy say that their is a 8-10% that this can happen again.  Do you know any one that has had an ectopic pregnancy and then later, achieved a normal pregnancy?
Hello Ladies!!
Okay...so my husband and I have been trying to conceive for several months now.  On Thursday, I took a preg. test at home(actually I took 8).  We found good news!!!  BUT...early on Saturday morning I began bleeding heavily.  I went to the dr. they did an exam and took blood to test my HCG level and progestrone.  Then, I went in on Monday for a second test.  My first level was 11 at 17dpo.  My Progestrone was .9. I haven't gotten my second results back yet.  But, do you think this means I have lost my baby?  Please, please let me know your thoughts.
Hi ladies,
I am here in limbo, did 5 test all negative. Today is day 13 and still no peroid. I am afraid to do blood test for hcg because i have been disapointed alot. I can't stop with the urination, by breast are sore from time to time my fingers are cross...waiting waiting waiting!
I am going through all of this right now too. I had a positive home preg test on 12/4. 12/5, and 12/6. i decided to go into the dr for a blood test on 12/7. The hcg level came back at 11. they wanted a retest on friday. i got the second results on Sat 12/10 which were at 3. my progesterone on the second test was 1.5. I was worried about ectopic pregnancy possibility, because I had one before. They didn't catch it till the tube ruptured, and if that happens again, i wont be able to have any more children. It is scarey. As it turns out, i miscarried this time, like almost every other time. In all, I have had the one ectopic, and 6 miscarriages. i do have two children, but would desperately love to add to the family. My husband wants more kids too, but isn't very understanding about the emotional roller coaster I'm on with the test is positive, then, a week later, it's not. He's like well, lets just try again. sometimes i wonder if its meant to be?
Well ladies I am very interested to see how you are all doing? My only thoughts tonight are how, the hell could this all be happening as much as I'm reading.  One thing is for certain. Throwing out the idea that in some way we are not getting pregnant is "our fault" is quite obvious.  I am sure all of you have been given percentages, and odds of this happening to women.  The odds of me having an ectopic pregnancy, I was told were 1-2%.  After I found out I did had the tubal pregnancy, I thought Im going to be buy a lottery ticket, because it seems I might have the same type of odds of winning...I have to say when I hear women going through this, that already have children I think, man they cant imagine what it feels like to not know if you are ever going to have just one.  It doesn
I am a mother of 3 and suspect of being pregnant again.  I have taken three pregnancy tests and all neg but I feel maybe that my hcg levels are to low to detect yet.  I have all the symptoms of being preg, I have been cramping but it all of a sudden stopped, so now I feel good but preg.  My period is five days late and nothing.  One problem though is that I have a tubal ligation so my hopes are very low for it being a healthy pregnancy, but I am in God's hand and what ever he decides I will have to cope with it.  If anyone out there could help I would gladly appreciate it.

Lucy
Hello Everyone,

My husband and I are really trying to have a baby and my cycle is now a week late. I am having all the symptoms of being pregnant but when I went in to have a test done they performed a urine test on me after I had gone to the restroom several times prior to taking the test and the technican assured me that if I was pregnant they would still be able to tell. However my results were negative!! What do I do now?? I have an appointment with the doctor in the morning and I hope then that she will order a blood test and do a complete exam. I am extremely terrifed because I have an eptopic pregancy 4 years ago and the doctor said that everything was fine and that I would definitely be able to have children again. It's all in the Lord's hands now..please keep me in your prayers!!

Recently Married & Ready 4 Children
My last period was June 21.  After several negative tests I went to the dr. On August 2nd to see where my period was...as I was hoping to start trying in August.  She said I probably just skipped a cycle and would have a period again at the end of August.  I asked for blood work to make sure I wasn't pregnant on August 2 and it came back negative.  On August 7 I took a test and got a very faint line and didn't think much of it.  The following day I took a test and got a light line, and took several more and all the same, so I took a Clearblue Digital test and it was positive.  I called the dr. and they said they said to come in next week.  Stressed out I asked for blood work to test Hcg and progesterone.  They tested on August 9th and called today to say very early pregnancy and to test again on Monday.  My Hcg was 35, which didnt mean much to be prior to searching the web, now it seems LOW.....I guess it should be if it was negative a week ago.  I have had no spotting or cramping, just aches, tired and a headache, so now I wait, this is so stressful!!!
All of your stories are very helpful in dealing and learning. Me and my husband started trying for a baby recently and after a strange period the month before and then month...out of the blue...I took a test at 6 days prior to missing my period and all three tests in 3 days were positive. As a newby at this, me and my husband started to tell everyone about me being pregnant and how the nurses told me that tests do not read false positives. Now the week of my period...something changed...no more tender breasts, no more bloated belly and not as hungry or sleepy...as of Wednesday morning...spotting & cramping off and on all day....had blood work done that very afternoon and then started to have clotting/period! I was devistated to say the least...still have hard time not crying about it. More and more bleeding and clotting like a normal period next day so I called the Dr. she feels it was a CHEMICAL PREGNANCY...she wanted me to go back for more blood work Friday(Today), but I asked if it was really needed since my first results were so lows as hcg level of 7? She said not really, but it was up to me. I decided not to go, since all my pregnancy symptoms are gone, I got a period and I can not imagine my level getting better. I made a promise to my husband that after this period ends,we will try again and this time we will NOT be telling people we are pregnant until 2-3 months along and after all Dr's appointments show good results...this was my first and very heartbreaking. God Bles you all and I pray you all have wonderful, baby filled lives!
hi every one......i'm not sure if i'm in the same category but the doctor's keep tryin to put me there...got me stressing everyday.....i've been getting my hgc levels tested evry 3-4 days....the 1st time was 2 weeks ago tomorrow and it started with only being 245.....i at that point was only 3 weeks and 6 days based on my lmp....3days later it was at 540.... 4days later 1500, 4 days after that it was only 1793, so they wanted to immediately do a d n c....i refused and told them i wanted to wait....just 2 days later my hcg( beta ) was only at 2196....i am now 5w4d and i feel fine.....no pian, no bleedin, spottin, crampin and we saw a sack inside the uterus but they want to see the yolk sack....i know they're lookin out for my health but i dont feel like anythin could possibly be wrong....i'm only stressed cause they're stressin me......tell me what you think please.....
I am not sure why they said they wanted ot do a DNC right away if your numbers are going up?? Your intuition should help you...if you feel there is nothing wrong and want ot keep going forward with this pregnancy...then do it. I have read so many other people's experiences that tells me that Drs sometimes get things wrong or they may jump too soon on their diagnosis. If you are not in any pain, no spotting, cramping etc. and there is visible signs of pregnancy...all you can do is wait. If the Dr advises again to get the DNC...maybe you could get a second opinion from another Dr. or ask what would happen if you waited a little longer to see if things progressed faster. Maybe they need to help with some chemicals that your body is lacking...I would pray and keep your fingers crossed...at this point I would still be thinking positive. I have never had a baby and am currently trying, so if I was in your situation...I would wait a little longer and get more tests done before I would do anything. Take care!
Hi my name is Elizabeth and I find myself in the same situation. I'm not really sure of my numbers but all I know is that the nurse said that they were very low. I took a home preg. test 4 different times and I'm still waiting for results from my second round of blood work. Waiting is the worst. The crazy thing is I feel great, no spotting or cramping, just very tired. I already have two children and have been trying for the third for a year now, I did have a miscarriage back in 2000. Before I even got pregnant this time I was scheduled to have a sellpingo sonogram to see if my tubes were blocked because my Dr. said that my periods were so irregulair and she didn't think that i was even ovulating. Four days before the sonogram is when I found out I was pregnant. My very first worry was an ectopic pregnancy. The waiting game is so hard and for the nurse to say that my pregnancy is up in the air really scares me. I know what all you feel and my prayers are with all of you. I hope all goes well for all of us and that we all eventually have a healthy baby wether it be in 9 months or the near future. GOOD LUCK!!!!!
hi ladies iam a 39 nine year old mom of 4 first 2 .1st married got my tubes tied and burned divorce and remarried . The doctor said 80 % chance of putting my tubes back together so we went for it the operation was a sucess went on to have two boys but not till i had 3 misscarriges my youngest is 4 now and we have been trying for 1 more . as the months went by i got preg aug 07   but started to bleed and i knew it was gone since then nothing so jan 08 went on colmid  now this month iam 15 dpo and my blood hcg is 38 iam thinking that is low . geeting blood done tommrrow keep you posted  
from iowa mom  ==    hi all . i have a question. im pregnant and my dr. wants to do an endometric biopsy. now as i look on the web, its says they are not to be done if your pregnant.???? my hcg levels are low and they say it might be an eptopic or tubal pregnancy. my levels are 82 at 4-6 weeks pregnant..is that low? and what about this procedure. im lost and scared.i go for another blood test in 2 days. i am currently bleeding again but there is no pain. almost a week this time..anybody have any advise?
My husband and I just started trying this month. We have a very healthy wonderful four year old...I have all signs of being pregnant and no period bout three or four days late. I had blood work done yesterday and found out this morning it was at 4. something ?? After reading some other comments that seems so crazy low even to the women saying theirs were low. I am suppose to go back monday. But on other websites I have seem levels of as low as 3 at 3-4 weeks pregnant. Am I getting bad information or what !!
Hi yall, im slightly scared and confused im currently 6 weeks well i thought i was and went back to my doc today she is worride as my 4th week tests have come back wtih low hcg levels shes booked me in for an scan on tues my levels were 365 at 4 weeks and 5 days this seems quite low ,should i worry she didnt mention etopic thank god but she did mention other scarey things ive no spotting but a fair bit of cramping....:\
I would love to know what has happened with you since?!?!  I miscarried in March and just recently found out I was pregnant again.  My hcg levels are "creeping" up at three weeks they were 380 the following week (5 days later)  760 five days after that 1185.....no spotting no cramping...my doctor does not seem concerned but I am a nervous wreck.  I go for more blood work tomorrow and I am sick to my stomach about getting my results back...help me anyone   :o)
Hi All I am looking for a happy story or out come from someone who's had a simular story like mine .

I am 30 years old been trying for a baby since my wedding night 6 years ago with no joy i started the IVf program 2 years ago .I have been through two lots of injections with 5 faild out comes and just had a misscairage on my 6th go .I want to remain positive as at least i found out i can get pregnant and so their is hope for me yet on my last set of inections.
It seems that both my partner and i are young ,fit ,healthy, and fertile but fail to make the miricle happen .

The doctors have put me on asprin and a drug called enoxaparin sodium 40mg which thins the blood .It seems to have worked if only for a little while i lost my baby at just 5 weeks .
My HCG level was only 21 .Fingers crossed for my 7th go which is my lucky number ,so heres hoping that it works .

P.S i really do feel the pain from all your storys but also cope better knowing i am not alone .
Nicola.  
My bf and I are ttc I am 10 dpo (tested using OPK) and for the last few days I have had very tight stretching feeling in my lower abdomen and been very emotional. I have been pregnant twice before and so familiar with the feeling. I have taken an early pregancy test today (First Response) but it was negative. Could it be that my HCG levels are too low to be picked up?
Lorraine
Lorraine
I just want to let all you ladies know that WE need to stop letting statistics and Dr's scare us into a reck to where we are so stressed we miscarry. I am 21 and Ive been pregnant 4 times since 2006. My husband and I are currently pregnant and I just had a miscarriage Sept 19th 2008. So I obviously got pregnant right away. So that makes me about 19 days. My levels have been 163, 177, 267, 286, 368. I know they are not doubling every two days but they are still going up which is a positive. My midwife is afraid of ectopic pregnancy since my first pregnancy was back Dec 2006. I had surgery for that one and they cut part of my right tube. This pregnacy to me seems fine. Im not bleeding,spotting, cramping or anything. I did cramp and bleed alot with my first pregnancy and back then my HcG was only 80. My hopes are up. I think its just very early and Ive read that the doubling doesnt usually start until 5-6 weeks gestation. My 2nd and 3rd pregnancy miscarried at 5 weeks so I am getting nervous. Also I keep being told my chances of another ectopic is 30%. But im not having any symptoms. Im going out of my mond with all this waiting. What do you all think?
****B****
I just wanted to share my experience as it has changed my life and  my husbands life forever.  After trying to get pregnant for 6 months, we were thrilled when I didn't get my usual period signs.  I convinced my doctor to do a blood hcg level at 12 dpo and it was only 9.  The doctor told me it was probably not going to be a viable pregnancy.  Two days later, the day my period was due, I took 2 home pregnancy tests and they were both positive.  Over the next 4 days, I kept taking them and the line kept getting darker and darker.  I was feeling a little bit better.  At 5 weeks and 3 days, they drew my levels again and it went up to 4000.  The nurse told me it was in the normal range, but on the low end of normal.  I was okay though because I was having crazy pregnancy symptoms.   At 6 weeks and 3 days, my husband and I went for the first ultrasound and were sooo happy when we saw and heard our little baby's heartbeat!!   One week later, I completely freaked out when I went to the bathroom and saw bright red blood.  My doctor had me come in right away and did another sonogram.  It showed that the baby had died right after the first ultrasound.  I then bled for 8 days with cramps so bad I thought I was going to die.  When the bleeding finally stopped, the emotional side of it actually hit me.  I am no longer pregnant.  We want to try again but I am so scared.  What if it happens again??  I guess you just have to have faith that God really does know what He is doing.  
All my blessings go to everyone out there trying or miscarrying, or whatever.  Getting pregnant, staying pregnant and having a baby is not for the weak hearted thats for sure.  
Best wishes to all!!
I m/c at 10 weeks in Sept of 2006.  Absolutely devestating.  It was the case of hcg not increasing fast enough.  Horrible Dr that kept insisting that we must have our conception date wrong becuase the baby was not the right size and used words like not viable (what a horrible word).  We had the testing done and learned that there was a chromosonal problem.  In the experience, I learned that nature knows when it is right.  The whole process IS a very complex series of things that have to go precisly right.  So I came to accept that there was a big difference between getting pregnant and having a baby.  And that is OK - nature knows when it is right - your body knows when it is right.  I then tried to look at a positive - or lesson learned side of the situation.  At least we now knew we could get pregnant (we are an older couple).  

The experience taught me a lot about my body and so I was better prepared.  I now have a 20 month old beautiful little girl.  And I have hopes that I am expecting again.  This would explain why I am on the post.  I feel pregnant, but test are still negative.  Today is 14 dpo. But I experienced low hcg for both previous pregnancies.  Don't laugh, I have bee testing (daily) since 9 dpo - I love that so many of you are just as OCD as I am in testing early and testing often.  

Guess where I am heading after I finish this post - to walgreens to get another set of tests - LOL.  

My best advice to anyone - find a doctor that you feel very comfortable with.  It is the most important thing.  Find one that has not been desensitized over the years.  It makes all the difference in the world!
3 days ago I went to the doctor to have my uterine fibroids checked out and she came in and told me I am pregnant - but barely. She told me based on my previous miscarriage (which I haven't had) we would keep a close eye on things. In the shock of it all I didn't even think to correct her about the miscarriage. I went back 2 days later (yesterday) to do a 2nd blood test - the hCG levels had only gone from 120 to 140. She now says we're going to proceed with "cautious optimism"...i'm so freaked out by the thought of miscarrying that the stress will probably cause one. I go back in 4 days for a 3rd hCG test - is there any way these numbers are okay and she's just worried because of my "history" of past miscarriage??
my hcg level 3.1 , 12. after 4 days 13.1  am pregnet
?
Had a low hcg of 325 in 5 wks pregnancy..and after 2 days it further reduced to 247 .since 2 days i am experiencing mild brown discharge and it has increased a little..though not clots but more of stringy type. hence am confused whether miscarriage or hope...doc adviced me to repeat the hcg test.now crossing my fingers...wonder if somebody went thru similar case.
I am going through the same thing right now!  Did you miscarry or are you doing better now? This is my second pregnancy and I'm scared b/c I had such an easy time w/ my daughter.  My hcg is only at 44  at 6 weeks.  I had the brown discharge and stringy stuff too...
i did a home pregnancy test 2 weeks ago that came up negative, then one a few days later that came up positive.  Went to the doctors on Monday and my HCG levels were 25.  I am going back on thursday, so fingers crossed ......... I really hope I don't miscarry  :(
Hey ladies, just wanted to let you know that I have had two perfect babies despite extremely low hcg levels. Was told during my second pregnancy, during which I was getting negative pregnancy test results till almost 12 weeks, that this meant there was a problem with my baby. There was no problem at all!
We are all different, a rule for one is not always a rule for all. I wish you all the best  x Nicole
Thank you Nicole! Your post is encouraging!  My husband and I found out we were pregnant on Sept. 10th but with hcg levels of only 12.  2 days later they were 33, 2 days later 121.  3 days later though, they were 118 and our Dr. is concerned about the low hgc levels and possibility of an ectopic pregnancy.  I went back today and the levels are now 203, still low in her opinion.  I've been on progesterone supplements since the day we found out and am concerned that this is what is prolonging what my Dr. seems to think is an inevitable miscarriage. I still have a glimer of hope and do not want to give up, but am afraid of what is to come.  Your post however, is encouraging and I will try to stay positive.   Thanks again!
My LMP was 9/7/10. Last weekend, a HPT indicated that my husband and I are preganant. This week, I had 2 blood tests (17 dpo hcg = 30, 19 dpo hcg = 40). I have no cramping or bleeding, so today i had another blood test. I pray that the number is in the 100s.  This is our first pregnancy...and I am a nervous wreck.
Hello to all the brave women going through all this!
I had IVF done and Im 11dpt. I have an appointment with my doc 2mrw but couldnt wait and had a blood test today. Results- HCG 0.097
From reading all your posts, Im pretty sure Im not pregnant.
Have any of you had such low HCG levels and still managed to have a live birth ?
Hi Cruzer,

I am in the same boat. This is my 5th Pregnancy. My 1st was Ectopic and the other 3 were miscarriages. At 16 DPO my HCG was 38, at 18 DPO my HCG was 55, They are thinking this is another Ectopic. I hope not...The Ectopic was worse than the miscarriages. I go for more bloodwork this Monday. Sending prayers your way. Let me know what happens.
Hi Everyone!

I need some good news from people. I am on my 3rd cycle of IVF. The first resulted in an early miscarriage as my HCG number went from 95 on day one of testing to 55 on day 3. The second resulted in no pregnancy even though all the numbers were perfect. I am now on cycle 3 and it looked like everything was perfect! However, when I went for my pregnancy test yesterday my HCG number was only at 24. The doctor wants me to come in on Wed to find out if it has doubled. Does anyone have a positive thought about this? I am dying inside here!
I have an ivf pregnancy, on the day 14 after my embryo transfer i had an hcg test it was 35, 72 hours later i did another one the result was 74, today and after another 72 hours i had another one and the result is 107. The doctor asked for another test . I just want to know if this is normal or is there anything wrong with my pregnancy
I have had 2 miscarriages one 6/2010 and the other 10/2010 and now i am preg again, my hcg is really low, i went to dr today and my hcg level is only 14, i have no bleeding but a little cramping. I am praying for a healthy pregnancy. i am about 12 dpo. please pray and i do pray that all goes well for everyone. I am 28 with no kids and pray to have one asap.
I guess it looks like we're in about the same boat. I just took a pregnancy test yesterday morning, and it was positive. I was able to make a dr's appt. for just a few hours later & their urine test came back negative, so they did a blood test. Just got the call that it was what they called "low" positive with a 30 hcg reading. I'm not very hopeful as I've had 3 ectopics over the last 5 years. I also haven't had any bleeding yet but have had occasional cramping. Even though I've been through this before, the waiting game is just as stressful & emotional. I wish you the best of luck & wonder if you would keep me updated. I'll do the same. I think it would be helpful to have someone who's going through this to share with. Thanks. hkh2011
I am currently 6 weeks pregnant with my first. At 4 week n 5 days it registered on a home test and in the drs office. But less than a week latter I started spotting but usually only after I went to the bathroom ... I went to the er the same day and they said my hcg level was low. The very next day I went to the Dr and my hcg level was 13 ... however when I spotted I never cramped or had any pain. It only lasted about 3 days... I don't understand what's going on. Any help or advice ladies?!
I am so sorry everyone is going through these tough times. I also am going through a tough time. I have 3 beautiful children and miscarried on Jan 08 2012. I have been going to the doctor weekly to get my hcg levels checked. When I went to the ER and he  said I had a threatened miscarriage I was 5 weeks and 4 days pregnant. My levels were 41...Last week I had my levels checked and they are 106...If I miscarried, why are they rising instead of dropping? I had a lot of blood like a heavy period and passing clots. But that stopped and still my hcg levels are rising. I go tomorrow for a checkup with the doctor so hopefully I find out some answers, this waiting is stressing me out! Its all I think about. Is there anyone that has experienced this before??? Thanks
Well I am knew to all this, it has  been 10 years since I had my last child. I never remember  it being so stressful. After my third  child I had  a tubal done. I was sterile for 10 years. I divorced  and got remarried. My current husband never having children, we decided to get my tubes reversed  and try for a baby. 6 months after my surgery I took a HPT and it showed positive. A urine/blood test at the doctors office also confirmed this. I had an HCG  level done and 17dpo and it was 154. I have no idea  if this is normal or low. Who knows. I am not scheduled to have any more blood work done, but go  in for an ultrasound in a week to see if this is a normal pregnancy or ectopic. I was advised it may possibly be ectopic because of 3 prio C-sections, a tubal and then a reversal. UGH...so discouraged!!! the waiting part it the worst!!
I went to the hospital Friday & My level was 17.6 I can only be about 3-4 weeks.. Is this alright? Or have I miscarried?
To answer the question having a normal pregnancy after having an ectopic pregnancy. I experienced an ectopic pregnancy back in 09, but I never knew I was pregnant. When I arrived to the hospital, the doctors saw a fetus in my left tube. I was internally bleeding, and the tube had ruptured. It had to be removed along with the attached fetus. I had emergency surgery.... I was told that it would be unlikely for me to conceive again. In 09, a gave birth to my beautiful daughter, and 4 months later I found out I was pregnant again. My Handsome son was born in 2011. Shortly after giving birth I had the Paragard IUD inserted. One month ago I found out I was pregnant again, but We cannot locate the baby, and my HCG levels are slightly going up. The doctors removed the IUD 2 weeks ago, and I have been lightly bleeding since then. THe doctors believe I am having another ectopic pregnancy. I am beginning to show the signs, and symptoms. Allow God to guide you in the loss you may, or may not be experiencing. I refused to allow them to "treat" my pregnancy. I have 3 children already, so I am going to put my situation in Gods hands because I know he will protect me.
I found out i am pregant three days ago. Doctors say i am 4-5 weeks pregnant, with a hcg level of 82. They say theres a possibility that ill have an ectopic pregnancy, but baby is to small to tell right now. I'm originally from wy and i moved to ca with no money,, and no ca insurance. No doctor will accept me. please help how do i handle this and is my hcg level ok?
Is 110 hcg level good for 18dpo?
With a HCG level of 17.8, how did everything turn out?